PDA

View Full Version : Little Leika thinks my feet and hands are rawhide chews!!!!!

mary_jsn
01-17-2002, 08:37 AM
Everytime when I go and see her she usually jumps up on me but that don't matter 'cause she's little and her breed is a Jack Russell Terrier. I love her so much that i don't like to tell her off but I have to, when she does that I always say Leika NO! But she seems to get overexited and tries to chew them. Can anyone help me? I need an answer badly. Thanks.:confused:

jennifert
01-17-2002, 09:08 AM
My shih-tzu used to chew on my mom's hands and feet also. She tried putting tabasco sauce on them but he loved it! and she just ended up with orange hands!!

carrie
01-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Jack Russell's are tough, big hearted dogs and nobody told them they are little!!! They just don't believe it. If you want to stop this behaviour you will have to imagine her as a GSD. Allowing her to jump on you is inviting her to treat you exactly as she wishes.

No more jumping on laps until she has been calm for at least ten minutes - that is relaxed and lying down away from you - then only when invited. When ever she nips the best way to get the message across is to yelp,"Ouch!" loudly and turn away from her for 5minutes. She then has to sit nicely when asked before you resume contact. If she pesters you when you are ignoring her, stand up and DO NOT NOTICE!

mary_jsn
01-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Thank you for your posts, it looks like technology helps a lot with your dog-problems!!!!!

purrley
01-18-2002, 07:13 AM
Mary - got the same problem with my Chihuahua - I finally had to resort to the squirt bottle:( however, sometimes a loud NO BITE will do the trick, but sometimes she just gets so excited that she forgets - I've had a couple bites in the nose too due to the kiss,bite combo.