PDA

View Full Version : Got my "kitty makeover" from Hartz....

LauraT7
04-16-2005, 05:26 PM
A while back someone posted alink for a free 'makeover kit' from Hartz for both cats and dogs -

all you had to do was sign up for their free e-mail list, and they would send you a gift - well, we got ours today.

I signed up for the kitty one under my mom's name and address, and the dog one to our house -

we got a little orange zipper bag, 3 play mice, a bag of catnip and some Kitty shampoo - also some coupons for Hartz products.

the dog one had the same orange bag, a dental chewie sample, some dog breath mints and three shampoo samples and coupons.

not bad for 'free'!

thanks to whoever posted that link!

laura

MULTICATMOM
04-16-2005, 05:52 PM
THE HARTZ SQUIRT FLEA STUFF POINSED MY CAT:rolleyes: $156!

THE OTHER 'FREE' STUFF SOUNDS GREAT!!:D :D I MISSED THAT POST, I LOVE FREE STUFF!!:cool:

Laura's Babies
04-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Hartz is very dangerous for cats..If you have the squeeze on stuff DO NOT USE IT!! Research the internet and find what MCM and I are talking about. It KILLS (and they KNOW IT!)!

I think I tried to sign up but couldn't pull up the page or something.. Glad you are so tickled with your packages.

LauraT7
04-16-2005, 06:17 PM
That reminds me - now that flea season is upon us....

I just had Pixel neutered, shots, etc by a local rescue, and as he's an indoor/outdoor cat, and likes to roam the streambed at the end of our dead-end street, he's exposed to more potential fleas than the dog is in our mowed and fenced backyard. We had a flea problem last year with the dog, and want to avoid it this year.

What DO people recommend for CATS and fleas? we ony have PetsMart and PetCo around here, and a few LPS's - almost all they carry is Hartz. I've seen the reports you've mentioned and would like to stay away from them, but what's a good alternative that will kill all stages of fleas and be safe for Pixel?

thanks - laura

smokey the elder
04-17-2005, 07:16 AM
There are 3 different Rx flea treatments: Advantage, Frontline and Revolution. All are once a month, applied to the back of the neck so kitty can't lick it off. Your vet would have them. They also kill other parasites; which ones depend on the brand. I know Revolution is a "nuke"; it kills EVERYTHING (fleas, ticks, earmites, rounds, other worms.)

catmandu
04-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Jazz Cat,sent one,to me,and The Found cats love it,and they used all the Cat Nip,right way.Thank You Lori,from the Found cats,Kiiten,and me!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1046.jpg