PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers Please. :(

rg_girlca
04-16-2005, 10:37 AM
First off, just let me say that I have been away from PT all week due to sickness, but I am better, so don't worry. :)
Here's where I need your prayers. My neighbour mentioned to Ricky that there was a cat in her yard that is hurt and she was going to call the SPCA to come and get it. So when he told me, I went over to check it out. To make a long story short, it lands up it is her neighbours cat from the THIRD floor. Apparently the so called owners,:mad: have gone away for the weekend and left the cat outside and it fell down into her yard. She has NO grass in her yard, it is concrete. I came home, got my carrier, the cat is friendly, put her in, brought her home, put her in my room, called my vet and have an appointment at 2:30 this aft with her. She is sneezing alot as she has blood from her nose. She doesn't seem to have anything broken as she is walking okay, but i'm sure she must have some internal injuries.
I would love the power of PT prayers to help this precious little one.
She is a meezer and is very vocal and is about 1 year as she was just a kitty last year.
Her are some pics of her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MyDigitalBabies077.jpg

In this picture you can see some blood under her chin. Poor baby.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MyDigitalBabies078.jpg

K & L
04-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Oh the poor baby. I'm so glad you came to her rescue. Prayers out her way and please let us know the outcome. It's so sad the owners didn't have more responsiblity for her/him while they were away. GOOD LUCK!

Felicia's Mom
04-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Sending prayers to the meezer. Thanks for taking her to the vet. I hope she is ok. Keep us updated.

catnapper
04-16-2005, 12:25 PM
OMG... how dreadful. Lots pf Prayers coming for this poor little girl.

Soapets
04-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Prayers on the way from Nebraska.......

Laura's Babies
04-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Thank you so much for stepping up to the plate and doing something for this beautiful life that needs help!! Keep us posted as to what they vet said, PLEASE! (prayers sent)

QueenScoopalot
04-16-2005, 12:33 PM
OH NO Lorraine!!!! Many prayers winging your way from me, that nothing serious is wrong with that beautiful kitty. :( Is this kitty going *POOF* into a new home, or are you planning on notifying the negligent owners? I hope nothing is terribly wrong with the kitty...I know you'll keep us posted. Maybe a Birthday present sent to you to rescue? ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2005, 12:59 PM
How sad. Lots of prayers going up from me.
Bless you for helping her!

jenluckenbach
04-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Prayers for this little kitty.

Randi
04-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh no!! :( How sad that the owners didn't look after her properly. I hope he/she isn't hurt too bad, but a fall like that ...... :( :(

Thanks for taking care of her and taking him/her to the vet. I'll send positive and healing thoughts! :)

rg_girlca
04-16-2005, 02:33 PM
*UPDATE*

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers.

Okay, i'm back from the vet and this little girl, confirmed she is a girl, is VERY, VERY lucky. No broken bones and no internal injuries. She does have a slight cut under her chin which was cleaned and the vet said that she probably has a slight break in her nose which they can't really do anything for. It will just have to heal on it's own. No temperature, very alert and quite the love bug. He said he is not worried about her at all and that she will be okay. *PHEW*
She is declawed on all four paws :mad:. Is it any wonder why this poor thing fell. Nothing to grip with!!!!!!:(
I am trying not to be too judgemental in regards to her owners as in their rush to leave they could have forgotten that she was outside. I have been guilty of that myself in the past and have learned from it. Mind you, it was only for half a day, NOT a whole weekend. So we shall see what happens when they get back.
I will definitely let you all know.

*PLEASE NOTE*
When am I ever going to learn NOT to take my hubby's word. Since the Kitty has been under the bed since we got back from the vets, I decided to pull her out and see if she would eat. I picked her up and held her in my arms and felt something kind of pricking into my arm. I checked her back paws and she DOES have her nails. FRONT AND BACK. GEESSSHHHH!!!
Bangs head on desk, when am I going to learn. I should have known to check for myself. When I told him, all he said was, "Your kidding. I thought for sure she had no claws." I asked him if he pressed on her paws to expose the claws and he said no, I just felt them. Bangs head against desk again.
Boy, do I ever feel better knowing she wasn't declawed.
It just proves the old saying, If you want something done right, let a woman do it. Sorry guys. No bashing me now. :D

I forgot to mention that the last that I know of, they also have 3 other meezers.

jenluckenbach
04-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Good news for kitty.

rosethecopycat
04-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Praying for the best resolution for the Meezer girl.

sarifish
04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
aww im praying fr her that had to be a hard fall well id definately sternly talk to the owners and find out why they thaught that leaving her out was a good idea

furrykidsmother
04-16-2005, 03:10 PM
What a beauty! Thank God she had you and that it was nothing more serious. Keep us posted.

catmandu
04-16-2005, 03:18 PM
That is a Gorgeous Siamese Cat,and we are praying,that She,is All Right.And then,we hope,that you can either keep Her,or Get,her,to A Furr Ever Home,where she will be truly loved,and appreciated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1162.jpg

Laura's Babies
04-16-2005, 06:18 PM
PT prayers answered again! This is great news! Thank you for letting us know.. I am so amazed that she had no worse injuries than she did...

QueenScoopalot
04-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Thank God there were no serious injuries! I'm so glad you were there for her Lorraine, and helped her before the pound carted her off to possible euthanasia. HUGS to you for helping her on your birthday! It makes me sick to hear she's been declawed on all four paws...poor baby. :( Sure hope they plan on reimbursing you for the vet visit....after all they can afford barbaric surgery. :rolleyes: :(

doolittleky
04-16-2005, 11:27 PM
I am so glad that poor baby is ok. I don't honestly know if I could give the baby back or as Jan says it would go Poof in the night. Even if they were in a hurry to leave, they would have never forgotten their cat if it was a child. I am sure glad you were there for the poor baby
Melissa

rg_girlca
04-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and replies.

Please see my NOTE in my update. Kitty is NOT declawed.

A bit more news about this situation. I went earlier tonight to tell my neighbour about what the vet said about Kitty, (that's what I call the cat) and while I was talking to her, the sister of the woman who owns Kitty came downstairs and walked right by us.
Apparently the sister goes and feeds the cats when the family is away. Like DUHHHHH!!!!! Did she not notice that one was missing. She didn't even ask my neighbour if she had seen her or not. So now I don't know if it was the sister that let Kitty out or what.
Anyway, hopefully the family will be back tomorrow and all this can get straightened out. I just hope that they appreciated what I did for their cat.

I'll keep you posted.

catcrazylady
04-17-2005, 07:37 AM
OMG!!! Lorraine I'm late reading this but what a drama! Bless you for caring for her. Poor little thing! She is such a BEAUTY!

It's starting to sound the like the sister may be the one that isn't taking proper care of the cats. If the owners love them and trusted her to care for them then they will be in for a big shock when they get home! At least that is what I hope happens. I'm still praying that they didn't go off and leave her outside. I would have to slap my sister if she did something like that!

Let us know how it goes when your neighbors get home.

{{{HUGS}}} to you for caring and helping that sweety.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick but I am really happy to hear that you are all better.:)

catfamily
04-17-2005, 03:18 PM
I think we should ship the cat to a furrever home before they get back.:eek: :D