PDA

View Full Version : Updates and some ???s

Suki Wingy
04-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Ok, so the rabbit breeder still hasn't called me and I'm SOO anxious! It is really looking like I going to be keeping Oslo for good!:D And also, my sister's rabit care book said that a guinea pig makes a good cagemate for either sex of dwarf rabbit. Is that true? Also, can a male rabbit and a male rat live together? What about 2 females? I think if I can't keep Oslo, he is going to live at my Aunt/ Grandma's house 15 minutes away from me so I can visit him several times a week. They have two female piggies living in a large cage, and I wonder if I could put him in with them? Also, if I keep him and he proves no trouble what so ever, my parents might let me "save" a black Petsmart rat or two!

Uabassoon
04-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't know about the guinea pigs, but I would not ever house a rabbit with a rat.

I found this old thread and it seems that rabbits shouldn't be housed with guinea pigs.

rabbits and guinea pigs (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50543&highlight=rabbit+pig)

Suki Wingy
04-17-2005, 02:38 PM
ok, thanks.

chrissycat21
04-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Please, do not house a guinea pig with a rabbit! If the rabbit accidently kicks the guinea pig it will kill them. Please, for the guinea pig's saftey do not!

Even the smallest dwarf rabbit can pose a physical danger to a guinea pig, especially if space is limited. Rabbits often kick or stomp with their powerful hind feet when they are expressing their emotions. Whether a rabbit is jumping for joy or thumping out of annoyance, a guinea pig stands a good chance of getting hurt. This is not as uncommon as you might think. Rescuers and other concerned animal welfarists often encounter guinea pigs whose legs have been broken after being caged in a pet store with a rabbit. Such injuries often require surgery and a lifetime regimen of anti-inflammatory medication.

Please check out THIS (http://www.cavycages.com/rabbits.htm) page for more information.