PDA

View Full Version : Escaped convict, we are in "lockdown"!

Soapets
04-15-2005, 03:35 PM
My husband just called me and advised me to lock the doors to our house. He said he heard on the radio that the schools and day cares are all in lock down, because there is an escaped convict on the loose. I locked the doors and am trying to get it on the news on the TV, but nothing is coming up. So I guess I'll try the radio. That's where he heard it. I called our church because it is located in an area close to where the escape occured. They had heard about it, and the day care facility at my church is in lock down, also. I'm not sure what the school will do. My son is a student at the high school, and they are in lock down, too. I guess I'd better find out what's going on!:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
:eek: How frightening!
I hope they catch him soon!
Prayers on the way, you and your family and friends all stay safe!

PJ's Mom
04-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Eek!

I hope everyone stays safe.

Laura's Babies
04-15-2005, 03:58 PM
How awful!!

I remember how frightening it was with our serail killer on the loose, afraid to open windows, always staying locked inside... NOT FUN!!

LKPike
04-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Eek!

I hope everyone stays safe.

you mean ekk ;) lol

I've been in a lock down before, nothing happened, the guy was captured and nobody was hurt :) Fingers and paws crossed that the same happens in your area!

PJ's Mom
04-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Darn, you're right. Allow me to correct myself.

Ekk!

lol

petslover
04-15-2005, 04:27 PM
wow, that is scary. I hope they find him soon. So nobody is allowed to go outside in a lockdown?

sorry I never heard of one happening.

Soapets
04-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I've never been in lockdown before, either, and I wouldn't have known anything about it if my husband hadn't called me. It wasn't flashed across the tv screens or anything. I still haven't heard or seen anything about it, but we've got the news channel on now so hopefully I'll hear something soon. My son didn't know anything about it at school. I called the school before he got home to ask them about it, and the high school was just on an "intruder alert" but no actual lockdown. They let the kids out at the usual scheduled time, etc. I don't know what the grade schools and middle schools did.

Apparently the guy is from New York state and is wanted on kidnapping charges. He must be considered dangerous, or they wouldn't have gone to that extreme. Also, my husband heard that they don't think he is in the area any more but are still warning people to be careful and lock our doors, etc., at all times.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens.........:confused:

Laura's Babies
04-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Keep us posted when he is captured! I understand fully, the fear of it all! I will keep checking for updates!

Felicia's Mom
04-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I hope he gets caught soon. Please stay safe.

chocolatepuppy
04-15-2005, 08:53 PM
We had a few inmates at the prison in the next town escape a few years ago. It was scary, the prison is about 5 miles from us as the crow flies. The guys headed into the woods and depending on which way they went they could have come out on my street! :eek: I worked afternoons in the factory where I work(right down the street from me) and although it was summer, all doors where to remain locked until they were caught. We didn't care if we sufficated we wanted the doors locked! Luckily they were caught that afternoon.
It is scary, I hope they find the inmates and all is well in your town soon!