PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for entry-level Marketing job in San Jose, CA area?

wolflady
04-15-2005, 12:30 PM
I just thought I would throw this out there, because if I recommend someone for this position, it's more than likely that they will be hired. :)
This person would actually be working with me, helping out with various marketing activities, so I have a particular interest in finding someone that I know I would work well with. I'm starting interviews next week, so this is a pretty immediate need.

Responsibilities:

- Providing assistance for marketing operations in online advertising and email marketing
- Helping to execute marketing events including webinars, seminars, user conferences and other events
- Support PR efforts by performing tactical work as assigned
- Conducting market research as assigned
- Other tactical support as assigned

Requirements:
- BA Business Administration or BS with marketing emphasis and a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 1-2 years of marketing/advertising/PR/lead generation work experience preferred
- “Willingness to roll up the sleeves” and perform important tactical work for marketing and lead generation
- Self-starter that’s also adaptable and creative
- Ability and motivation to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills. Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and preferably desktop publishing software
- Willingness to periodically sync up with offshore staff by working non-standard hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills

**hugs**

slick
04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey, I think we would make a good team although I don't think we would get much work done.....too much giggling......:D :D :D Besides, I don't do marketing.

Good luck with the search. Some successful contender will be very lucky working with you.:)

wolflady
04-15-2005, 04:27 PM
:o Awww! Thanks Slick! :)

I am considering making this a part time/temp position...depending on how many things I can have this person do. I just hope to find someone I can work well with. ;) I figured it was worth a shot to see if there was a job-needing PTer out there!

**Hugs**

wolflady
04-19-2005, 07:28 PM
*bump*

No takers?

:(

Oh well...it was worth a shot!

lizbud
04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Wolflady it was wonderful of you to post this offer here. It
really sounds like a terrific opening for some lucky person. I hope
you eventually find someone who works out well for you.:)

Logan
04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Wish I could do it parttime from SC, Karen.......I'd love the extra income and would love working with you! But I don't think I have the qualifications you are looking for.

Logan

wolflady
04-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the responses lizbud and Logan. Too bad there wasn't someone out there that needed this.

**hugs**

wolflady
04-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I forgot to mention, there are other position available at my company too...even in New York and Chicago! If there are any other takers, please let me know!

Sales Account Executive (New York/New Jersey)
Sales Account Executive (Chicago)
Technical Writer
Marketing Associate (Part time)
Marketing Writer (Contractor)

You can see descriptions of the other jobs here:

http://www.egain.com/about_us/careers.asp

luvofallhorses
04-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I hope someone comes along I don't have the requirements, either but would love working with you. :)

wolflady
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
I hope someone comes along I don't have the requirements, either but would love working with you. :)

Thanks! :)
**hugs**