PDA

View Full Version : Help, Puh-leeeeeze!!!

tatsxxx11
01-16-2002, 04:11 PM
I can't turn off the email notification default! Rather, I can click off the default to "NO" but I'm still getting emails! Help!!

AmberLee
01-16-2002, 04:15 PM
After you click the default to "no", do you scroll down to the bottom of the page and reset your preferences?

jennifert
01-16-2002, 04:37 PM
I've been having problem but I think it's only sending me emails on the topics I posted on BEFORE I turned off the email notification...

tatsxxx11
01-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Duhhhhhhhhhh!:o

AdoreMyDogs
01-16-2002, 05:30 PM
It's the same thing for me. I went into user cp and changed the default to "no", went to the bottom of the page and had it save the changes but I still get emails! I have never before gotten so many emails :) It's nice to get an email and all, but it's getting a bit out of control :eek:

Even when I have closed out of PT and gone back in the next day, in my user cp it's still showing "no" to getting emails, but still I get emails.

AdoreMyDogs
01-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by jennifert
I've been having problem but I think it's only sending me emails on the topics I posted on BEFORE I turned off the email notification...

...well there ya go :) Yup that makes sence! Thanks, Jennifer :D

AmberLee
01-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
...Even when I have closed out of PT and gone back in the next day, in my user cp it's still showing "no" to getting emails, but still I get emails.

Somewhere in 'User cp' (not sure the title's exactly right...) there was a spot identifying all the threads I'd be getting email for. I went through and deleted each one. Unfortunately can't quite remember where it was. Do hunt for a block with a URL with pet talk subjects that had radio buttons (???) for deletion.

I'll go hunting and see if anything looks familar. If so, I'll update this.

Good Luck!!!

Update:
When you first click on User CP, the bottom-most right-hand box is called "Assigned Threads" (I think, drat this memory). If you have any items listed there, delete them. I think this is what fixed it for me. Please let me know if this works for you. Good luck. :D