PDA

View Full Version : Cat Bed Patterns From Joann's

krazyaboutkatz
04-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone.:D I just received a flyer from Joann's Fabrics and they have a page with some very cute cat beds on them. They sell the patterns for them. I've seen the fish cat beds before on here but I don't think that I've seen the others. I wonder how difficult it would be to make these. Here's a picture of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/9001ce4f.jpg

The Fish Cat Bed is Simplicity 9004, the cat bed on the far left is Simplicity 4765, the cat bed that looks like a cat is Simplicity 5233, and the cat home is Simplicity 9004. They also have their fleece fabric on sale. The sale is from Sun. April 17th-Sat. April 30 unless otherwise noted.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Awwww, that fish-bed is GORGEOUS!!! I wish I could have one of those....:rolleyes: . I'm not a good sewer, so I would never be able to make one...:D

trinity
04-15-2005, 06:54 AM
I actually bought one of the patterns a few weeks ago...then I "killed" my sewing machine. Think I jammed the gears somehow. The only thing I see as a "problem" with the pattern, one of the beds that you can make they tell you to attach a piece of gosgrain(sp) ribbon to it for the cat to play with. That is the type of ribbon that Zingo ate about 2 years ago and would not give back! Took the vet 5 days and many unpleasant medicines and things to get Zingo to give the ribbon up. Then the vet stuck it in a baggie and tried to give it back to me...strange man...anyway since the ribbon on the pattern seems to be more for show than anything else I am going to try one without it. Hopefully I can get the machine fixed soon adn I'll let you know what happens.

catcrazylady
04-15-2005, 07:12 AM
What cute beds! Of course we are in love with that fish bed but I really like the bed that looks like a cat too. They look complicated to me but you never know.
We will let Trinity try one and let us know how it goes!;) :D

btw-Good point Trinity about the ribbon. My Pete is also a ribbon eater. It wouldn't matter if it was sewed on really good because he would chew it off.:rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
04-15-2005, 10:01 AM
They are to cute!! Hancock has their patters on sale up to 5 for 99cents with the coupon.

trinity
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
CCL:

I had been playing with Zing with the ribbon before we left for work that morning. It was about 18 inches long I guess, bright yellow. We got home from work that night and could only find about 6 inches of it. I didn;t think about it (bad bad meowmie) until the next morning. Zing just wasn't himself so I finally put 2+2 together and figured out where the other foot of ribbon went to....it was a scary day as we couldn't get in to the vet until that afternoon....they had about reached the end of the non-surgical ideas when the ribbon appeared in the litter box..thank goodness! Like I said they tried to give it back to me as a souvenier....I don;t think so! Yuck!

All ribbon now gets locked in a drawer!

K & L
04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
OH!!!! I want the cat one! It's adorable!!

Craftlady
04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
I've seen that pkg pattern. I've got Simplicity Pattern 9004 (thanks to Debbie :) ) with the house. Walmarts doesnt have all materials I need so I'm having to wait until I have time to shop up in Florence at Joannes or Hancocks. Foam is hardest to find. :(

catmandu
04-15-2005, 01:22 PM
MY FAVORITE,IS THAT ONE,THAT LOOKS LIKE A CAT! THAT IS SO FUNNY,AND APPROQUIATE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

sarifish
04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
oh my god i am making one of those fish beds if it kills me lol thank god we have a joanns here

PJ's Mom
04-15-2005, 02:06 PM
I would love to make a fishie bed! Unfortunately, I haven't expanded my talents to go beyond pillows yet. :o

Abby&Buddy'sMom
04-15-2005, 03:21 PM
as i am a novice sewer (i do have a machine)what would the level of difficulty be ? I would like to make one for me, and maybe for a friend at work if it is not to hard to do so.