PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Cafe is a hit with all!

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, I don't think I need to say anymore, I will let the pictures do the talking!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1439.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1450.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1451.jpg

One by one, they all gave it their kitty test and approval..

(Klinger and Yetta are her because their Dad is out of town tonight.)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Ha ha, lol, I love the name of it, "Kitty Cafe" :) :)

catcrazylady
04-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Well now Laura you know you can't have something for just one! Everybody wants to eat at the kitty cafe! That is too cute!:D

catnapper
04-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Ok, now you have the product and a GREAT name -- now go start making that website to SELL them! :D Seriously - this is an awesome idea! If you won't make it, *I* will! ;)

QueenScoopalot
04-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Ok, now you have the product and a GREAT name -- now go start making that website to SELL them! :D Seriously - this is an awesome idea! If you won't make it, *I* will! ;)
I'll let you in on a few great starter places to sell them, if you cut me part of the profits! Great idea! :D Are you painting it, and stenciling "Kitty Cafe" on it too? How about tiny cat head cutouts on the sides? :D Eli told me he wants one....and Katie does too. :D

Laura's Babies
04-15-2005, 09:06 AM
See that part where the water bowl is? The wood was already cut like that and I told Mike to just leave it like that, I thought it was neat looking... then I thought, if only I could draw, a kitty face would be cute on there.

The only problem I see with making them to sell is Mike. When he is working, he puts in some mighty long hours and wouldn't be around to do the cutting out. (We still have to make one for Kevlins house for Amy there.) It didn't take but a few hours to make and we already had scraps that we made it with.

We are going to put the same carpet on there that we put of the Noah's Ark, a sort of brown color. I want something that won't show the "spills" and stuff that falls on it.

QSL, I WAS thinking about Eli too, the whole time we were making it, wondering if one would help him. Maybe if I can con Mike into another one, he could be another test subject for the Kitty Cafe.

Amy, having that bowl up off the floor does help her a whole lot and as you see here, they ALL like it. I had to shove 2 others out of it this morning so she could use it to eat.

lv4dogs
04-15-2005, 09:15 AM
That is so neat!

If you start selling them it may be a good idea to have the option to have it enclosed (like a lid with hinges on it). It would be great for those with dogs or other animals, so they don't eat all the kitty food.

mruffruff
04-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I love the name!

You really should find a way to market them. You can always get someone to cut the pieces for you.

I like the idea of cat face cutouts on the side; a little tricky to do though. Maybe a stencil would be easier and more cost effective.

And a hinged lid with a screening or wire (called hardware cloth) would be a great addition. Maybe 2 styles?

When did you say these would go on sale? I'll take two;)

Mary

Laura's Babies
04-15-2005, 10:05 AM
mruffruf... I will have to consult my consultant and get back to you on that and he is currently unavaliable at the moment.

MULTICATMOM
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
GREAT IDEA!!:D :D MINE WILL NEED MULTIPLE FEEDING STATIONS...
GREAT FOR AMY & KATIE, I'M SURE IT'S HARD FOR THEM TO MAINTAIN BALANCE WHILE TRYING TO BEND TO EAT...

lv4dogs
04-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I'd take one too!

catmandu
04-15-2005, 01:39 PM
ACTUALLY,IF YOU COPY RIGHTED,THE PALNS,YOU COULD SELL,TO SOMEONE,WITH A WOOD WORKING COMPANY.YOU COULD THEN,GET THE ROYALTIES! AND IMAGINE,ALL THE CATS,AND DOGS,THAT YOU COULD HELP,WITH THE KITTY CAFE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1118.jpg

AlleyCat
04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
ACTUALLY,IF YOU COPY RIGHTED,THE PALNS,YOU COULD SELL,TO SOMEONE,WITH A WOOD WORKING COMPANY.YOU COULD THEN,GET THE ROYALTIES! AND IMAGINE,ALL THE CATS,AND DOGS,THAT YOU COULD HELP,WITH THE KITTY CAFE.

I think Gary is onto something there !! And kudos to you, Laura, for coming up with something for Amy :)

Laura's Babies
04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
IN seeing them all using it, I had already thought of doing it with mulitple stations.. The base is 2 ft X 2 ft so there is room enough but the orginal idea was for Amy and something that would NOT tip over if she fell and discourage her from using it. Could do multiple stations, 2 stories, open on the ends (for light) for multiple cat houses because even with 4 cats, I have 4 feeding bowl scattered about the kitchen and 2 large water bowls and that would keep it all in one area, the mess to one area and the idea snoballs!!!

Catmandu, your idea is a terrific!!