PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats "rolly polly"? Are my cats broke?

christa
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Hubby & I were discussing a cat behavior that ours seem to be missing . . . got me to thinking . . .

Every cat that Hubby & I have ever had in our lifetimes, has always rolled around on their back on the ground . . . you know, like when they roll back and forth . . . I call it "rolly polly" . . . they seem to do it when they feel good . . .

Anyway, Josie has NEVER EVER rolled like that!!!

And Brodie hasn't started yet, so I'm not sure if he will or not.

Do your cats roll???

Anyone else know what I'm talking about or am I just crazy??? :eek:

mina'smomma
04-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I do Christa. Kasie does it all the time, but Mina doesn't either. I guess it depends on the cat.

catcrazylady
04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
My cats only do it when they escape outside. I call it "loving the concrete"! A few of them will do it inside when we put down nip but other than that mind don't do it either.
Your not crazy....at least not about this anyway!;) :D :D :D

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Giz and Chester do it on the carpet but Amy and Samantha don't do it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Inka does it all the time!! Maya only does it when she wants a belly rub ;)

chocolatepuppy
04-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Both of mine do it, Sassy does a lot of meowing when she does it! :D

Lacey
04-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Kahlua does it. All you have to do is look at her and she starts rolling on her back. Mowgli and Zelda don't do it, though. :D

IRescue452
04-15-2005, 08:32 AM
King Tumhitsthefloor the Second will, only if he thinks nobody is watching. Wouldn't want him to lose his dignity now would we?!

lv4dogs
04-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Meko LOVES to roll, especially in dry dirt.

tricollie4me
04-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Bonnie doesn't do it...she only does a slow-motion roll (almost as if by accident) if she's in the warm rays of the sun and can't help herself! She apparently is much too dignified to be a roly-poly girl! ;)

catnapper
04-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Allen, Pouncer, and Harry do it all the time; Abby will occasionally. Allen really gets into it on the steps leading outside. I've been meaning to film it to show everyone... he's such a silly boy when he does it!

christa
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I guess it just depends on the kitty then . . . hmm . . .

Callie, my cat that lives with my parents does this rolly polly as long as I'm "baby talking" to her . . . she likes to roll in the dirt though! LOL

Maybe Brodie will rolly polly . . . he hasn't even started rubbing up against stuff yet! (he must be a slow learner)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Tubby did it, but only outside on the paver brick or in the basement on the concrete. Peanut does it on the concrete in the basement. CJ doesn't really do it. He rolls onto his back to show his tummy, but he really doesn't roll around.

Guess some do and some don't. ;) :D

catmandu
04-15-2005, 01:35 PM
YOU,ARE NOT CRAZY,AS NUGGET,SRATCHY,AND SCAPETTTE ALL DO THAT.JJJ3,GOT OUT,AND WSA GOING CRAZY,ROLLING BACK,AND FORTH,WHICH,IS HOW I CAUGHT HIM,SO EASILY.THERE IS SOMETHING,ABOUTWARM CEMENT,THAT JUST DOES,IT FOR THE CATS!

smokey the elder
04-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Bosun likes to roll on freshly-vacuumed rugs.:p RB Pixel did, too.

Kater
04-18-2005, 03:12 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about, Christa!
When Nipo does it we call it "keeling over" because the funniest part of it is how she starts standing up perfectly straight MEOWING and all of a sudden she's on the floor! She literally throws herself on her side! Then she proceeds to roll around back and forth between her left and right sides as well as claw the air (and sometimes carpet :rolleyes: ) in ecstasy. She doesn't want bellyrubs, just wants you to stop and notice her. ;) She's my funny bunny.
What a fun thread! :)

ramanth
04-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
My cats only do it when they escape outside. I call it "loving the concrete"!

That's Zam! She'll 'rolly polly' on the sidewalk outside of my apartment but she doesn't roll around inside.