PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this?

luvofallhorses
04-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Strep:rolleyes: I have had a sore throat since Monday and guess what I have it :rolleyes: I chose liquid amoxicillan since I can hardly swallow and it's better than the pills IMO. :) Anyone else have it?

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I had tonsilitis(sp?) a few years back, it was horrible! I thought my throat was gonna close up! :eek: Hope you get better soon!

catnapper
04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
I think my husband has it right now. He took the day off -- now you have to know the sky needs to be falling before he takes off from work. Yet Mr. Invincible refuses to call the doctor. He's got the sore throat and I can see little white dots on the back of his throat. Yup, he needs antibiotics, but won't go to the dr.:rolleyes:

Chica
04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
FEEL BETTER SOON!!!! ;)

cookieluver7
04-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Feel better soon Krista, sorry to here that you have strep! Out of my 14 years of living I have NEVER had strep throat!! *knock on wood* :p

Toby's my baby
04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Aww, I am sorry to hear that you have strep!! Hope you feel better soon! I think my sister might have it, and she has been sleeping in my room, so I hope she doesnt give me her cold :o, fortunatly, I got my tonsels out when I was seven, be cause I ALWAYS had a sore throat!

Hope you feel better soon!!

{{{Hugs}}}{get better soon}

Desert Arabian
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Last month I thought I had strep throat. My tonsils became so enlarged they closed off my throat- I could not eat, breathe, or swallow- so I went to the doctor. I could barely talk to him to describe it all. The strep test came back negative....turns out I had MONO! I missed a week of work and school, I am still contageous for another 2 months. He gave me some hormones to help me. It was horrible, I would never want to give it to anyone...it was so painful. Don't ask me how I got it either....I have no clue...:confused: :confused: My doctor took a picture of my tonsils, if any silly people want to see what they looked like I could show you (in a PM)...lol...

I hope you feel better soon, throat issues sure do stink!! :(

GraciesMommy
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I think my daughter has it too..she called me and is really feeling lousy..went to the campus nurse and I told her she best get to the doc tomorrow..said she has like blisters on her throat..poor girl..
Hope you feel better soon

luvofallhorses
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
I think my daughter has it too..she called me and is really feeling lousy..went to the campus nurse and I told her she best get to the doc tomorrow..said she has like blisters on her throat..poor girl..
Hope you feel better soon

Yikes :eek: that's how I feel

christa
04-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Me & Hubby both have sore throats right now . . . don't think it's strep though . . . yet!

dukedogsmom
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I have only had it once in my life and I hope to never again! It is horrible! So, you have my sympathies. I'm sick right now too but thank goodness, I don't have that.

luvofallhorses
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
I hope you feel better ddm!:)

petslover
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
I hope everyone who has strep gets feeling better.

Strep Throat is Evil! I had it once before and hope not to get it again.