PDA

View Full Version : CJ got to go outside

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 05:09 PM
It was absolutely be-u-tee-ful this weekend, so I set up the little cage thingy I got for the kittys outside. It was CJ's first time outside. I was a bit worried that he would freak out and start "climbing the walls" when I put him in here, but he was fine. A little unsure at first, but he did really well and will definitely be making more excursions outside as summer wears on. :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p17a6390e2399cbf42556083210e14947/f47791b5.jpg

Look at that neck and those w - i - d - e eyes! :eek: :D A squirrel or a chipmunk was scolding us so I'm sure that's what he was looking at.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pbce583a08ae6920fa7116925274f020e/f47791b3.jpg

And a short video. It's kind of choppy because it was too long and I had to delete some boring sections to make it small enough to post here.

Logan
04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh CJ, you got to experience the great outdoors, very safely!!!!! I love the video, Debbie. He's just sniffing everything, isn't he???

That enclosure is perfect!!! :)

kimlovescats
04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Looks like CJ really enjoyed his outside excursion! That enclosure is great!;)

Cinder & Smoke
04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
:D

W:cool:W! ~ NEAT-:) ~ C:cool::cool:L!!

Does the "enclosure" have a ROOF to prevent an Up & Over escape?

And a DOOR? How to you "insert" & "remove" the Kids?

/s/ ?? Phred

Soapets
04-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow, looks like CJ was very interested in that squirrel, or whatever it was that he was looking at!:D Great pictures, and great video---I'm sure there will be many more days for CJ to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. It's good to take advantage of those days.:)

catcrazylady
04-14-2005, 07:54 PM
What a CUTIE!!! He looks very happy and content outside. I'm not sure if his eyes could have gotten any wider!!:eek: I love that "shocked" look. ;) :D

K & L
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Talk about the curious look! You can tell he's sure enjoying himself, and what a nice setup for him.

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
That is a wonderful set up and he sure looks like he is enjoying it... He is a lot bigger than I thought he was, that video shows him GOOD!!

shais_mom
04-14-2005, 11:59 PM
very very cool!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2005, 03:39 AM
COOL!! That second pic is VERY good! Wow, look at CJ's neck and huge eyes :eek: :D

ramanth
04-15-2005, 09:49 AM
AWW! How cool! I just love that wild eyed shot. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:D
W:cool:W! ~ NEAT-:) ~ C:cool::cool:L!!
Does the "enclosure" have a ROOF to prevent an Up & Over escape?
And a DOOR? How to you "insert" & "remove" the Kids?
/s/ ?? Phred

Thanks everybody. He did seem to really like it. :D

Yes, Phred, it has a top. Last year with T & P I didn't bother putting the top on because there was no way either one of them could jump that high, but CJ is much more nimble and he could be up and over in the blink of an eye, so the top was on before I even considered bringing him out!

It doesn't have a door, and since it has the top, getting him in was a little more difficult than T & P who I just plopped down from above. Terry was worried about him freaking out, so I put him in his carrier and let him sit for awhile, then opened the carrier and he came poking out. I had to lift it up and slide the carrier underneath it. Getting him out was a little more difficult, but Terry lifted and I grabbed - going to have to work on that technique a little. ;)

I love the pic of his big wide eyes. I don't think I've ever seen eyes so wide on a cat before. :D :D