PDA

View Full Version : Home from surgery... feeling a little...

Toby's my baby
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Dizzy. UGG, I feel awful. I got home last night. And, I have only taken a couple pain pills, my ankle feels pretty good.

When they were trying to get the IV in they had to try three times, and then the nurses had to get the anastesiologist to put it in. So, I took 4 times to get it. They said it was because I was dehidrated. Before a surgery you cant have anything to eat or drink after midnight, so I think I was dehidrated from that.

When you are dehidrated do you get a little dizzy or what? I havent had much of an appetite, but I am trying to drink a lot of water, but when I drink a lot, I start to feel a little nausia coming on... so when you are dehidrated do you get dizzy. If not, does anyone know what I can do to stop feeling so dizzy? I am not dizzy when I lay down, but when I am sitting, or walking around I get dizzy....

Anybody know what I can do?? I want to cure this dizzy stuff before tomorrow, because I need to go back to school....

-Thanks in advance!

aly
04-14-2005, 04:09 PM
I don't have any advice, but I know there are several nurses (and moms!) on here who can give you some good tips.

I just wanted to say welcome back and its good to see you posting again so soon!

petslover
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I hope you get feeling better soon.

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Try drinking some gator aid but sip it, not gulp it down. Take a few small sips every few minutes. You are probably drinking to much to fast? Or it could be the medicine they gave you for the surgery that is making your stomack do flip flops. If it gets to bad, call the doctor and get something to settle it down.

sandragonfly
04-14-2005, 04:56 PM
toby..'s momaw, sorry you're not feeling THAT great. yeah, even though water is the greatest nutrition for everybody but it still makes me nausead! so dehyratation is my biggest health problem so far -- smooth of juices (if you're up for cold drinks) works for me! they have enough vitmans and provides more excellent fluids! no, I'm not the mother but I have HAD a mother. :D maybe can you try soups...chocolate/pistachio puddings, (sooo good! heh), applesauces with cinn sprinkled, or creamy food? try to take it easy...:) hope it'll be over soon! *pats on your back*

tatsxxx11
04-14-2005, 06:00 PM
You have to give it some time before the anesthesia completely wears off. And any pain medic. will make you dizzy, so don't get up too quickly (blood pressure drops) and don't go back to school till you don't need the meds anymore. Drink clear fluids to start, not too cold or too hot, eat lightly when you do and rest! You'll feel lots better soon, but it takes time. {{{HUGS}}}

BitsyNaceyDog
04-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I don't have and advise about the dizziness, but I hope you feel better soon.

slick
04-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Glad you made it through OK. Sure hope the dizziness stops. If I were you, I would just crawl into bed and get some good quality purr therapy.

cookieluver7
04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
I am glad everything went well with your surgery. I hope that by now your dizziness has stopped but if not, sorry I have no advice for you. Feel better soon!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Abby

Toby's my baby
04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
After I got off the computer, I filled up a water bottle, with luke warm water, and took a nap with the kittie :) When my sister got home, she went and worked with my horse, and I went outside and sat and watched. After getting some fresh air and getting some food in my stomach, I feel a lot better. No more dizzy spells! :) Thanks for the advice!!

cali
04-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I get dizzy and feeling somewhat faint when I dont eat, it does not matter if I dont feel hungry or not lol I would not be able to handle that personaly, if I dont eat something every few hours I start to feel dizy and weak and if I continue ignoring that feeling I actually pass out :(

GraciesMommy
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Hope you feel better soon...drink lotsa liquids and you may need to stay home a day or 2

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Good to see your on the mend Beth.:)

ramanth
04-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Glad the surgery went well and that you are feeling better. :)

Toby's my baby
04-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone. I am at school right now, and it is last period, so I am ready to come home. Everyone came running up to me and gave me hugs when I got to school :) We got and elevtor in our school, so I have been using that, and my best friend Kylie, has been going back and forth to my locker and carrying my books for me. When I have to walk a lot on my crutches I get really tired and start to feel really weak. Good thing its the weekend! :p