PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling a little down...

moosmom
04-14-2005, 03:54 PM
:(

I miss my Carly the Curly Girl (My American Curl) VEERRRYYY much!! Sometimes thinking about it makes me cry. She and Fawnie went to live with a woman, Nancy, in Ann Arbor, Michigan about 4 months ago. Nancy had a male cat and wanted a companion for him. When she saw Carly, she fell in love and asked if she could take BOTH Carly and Fawnie. I agreed, never realizing how much I would miss her. I never had any doubt that Nancy would give her a great home.

I want her back so much. :( Would it be mean of me to email Nancy and explain the situation to her, asking if I could have Carly back??

I need to know what you guys think so I can make the right decision. This is tearing me up. :(

IRescue452
04-14-2005, 04:01 PM
How 'bout going and rescueing a new kitty in honor of Carly

aly
04-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't think it would be right to ask for her back. I know that if I adopted an animal, I'd be attached on the first day. After 4 months, I would never even be able to dream of parting with the animal and it would break my heart to even be asked.

I'm sure you rehomed them for a good reason. Weren't you too full on cats? Just know that they are happy and you did what was right for them. I did not want to let go of Lucky and Chance, but I knew I had to. I was too full of foster cats and the home was a great one that I had no reason to turn down. I miss them with all my heart and still often cry about them. But I know its for the best.

caseysmom
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
You could email her and see how it is working out. I wouldn't even hint that you wanted her back unless things aren't going well. I have gotten really attached right away too.

LKPike
04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
in that situation - I think I'd be incredibly offended! I've been worried that Frankie's last mom might call saying she wants him back, since it was basicly her abusive husbands decision to sell him. But we bought him, hes OURS, hes settled here, we've spent plenty of money on toys, vet bills, special diets, extra fluffy seude doggie beds and pillows, etc. Its definatly not fair to just take an animal back after you've made the permanent decision to give him/her away. Unless shes being mistreated, to that I say go ahead and get your baby back!!

Fox-Gal
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
As down as you are right now, missing them, don't you believe that the new owners would feel the same way, if you took them back?

I know it hurts, I have been there also. But I ask myself, how would I feel if after any period of time, the previous owners came along and ask for one of my babies back. It would kill me.......so with that in mind.....I can't do the that to another person.

I would contact them and just say you were wondering how everything is working out, if there are any problems etc. If their answer is everything is great, you should leave it be and be thankful they have a happy loving home.

If for some reason they are having problems.......then you can offer to take them back, but only then.

That's just my opinion on how I would handle it.

I am sorry you feel so bad, I know it hurts, but I assume you re-homed them for a good reason and you did what you believed was best. You gave them a good home and take some comfort in knowing that.

moosmom
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I knew I could count on you guys!!

Yes, I did rehome them because I had too many (8). I'm now down to 5 of my own with a foster Mama and 4 babies awaiting homes.

My heart hurts so much right now. :(:( But I guess I did the right thing. I do get emails from Nancy, but they are generated by me. It's all good news on both Fawnie's and Carly's progress.

Hopefully this hole in my heart will go away. I just wish it was soon!

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Why don't you call and see how he is working out in his new home, if she has any complaints then tell her you would take him back if it is not working out.....

BUT, I fully understand. I still cry about Wally (the feral Mike and I rescued), I miss him so much and so does Chester. I got word today that Wally has been adopted and while I didn't cry at that news, I did cry earlier in the day over him.

catnapper
04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Could you tell her how much you miss her, and perhaps invite her to join PT so that you could get to hear about her more often? that way you get to see her and feel close to her while they get to keep her. I agree it would not be fair to break their hearts and ask for her back.

dukedogsmom
04-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Donna, I don't think that's a good idea. That would be like you wanting Doogie back from me. There's no way I could part with him. Just be happy they've got great homes and you know where they are and that they're being spoiled rotten. Maybe she could take some pics for you even if she couldn't join here. I hope I didn't sound mean but was just trying to tell you how I thought they would feel.

carole
04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Donna I think we can all understand and feel your pain, there obviously is an empty space in your heart right now, just give it time, it will heal, you will always miss them both, but you have done a wonderful selfless thing adopting them to a good home.

It would be wrong to ask for them back,and I know you know that really, maybe just maybe you were hoping we would all say yes go get them, but in your mind you know that it would not be the right thing to do.

I am so sorry your heart is heavy right now, and hope that in time the sadness and emptyness will subside. HUGS.:)

moosmom
04-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Val,

I totally understand. I could NEVER ask for Doogie back, and I miss him too!! But I know that he's in a wonderful place and has great pals in Duke and you!! ;)

I know time heals all. I just never thought I would miss her this much!

I'm going to email Nancy to see how the girls are doing. I'll let you know what she says.

cookieluver7
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I am so sorry that you are missing them so much.:( Like others have said though it would really be wrong to ask for them back. I think that catnapper had a wonderful idea of inviting her to PT! Then you could here so much more about your cats!

Abby

ramanth
04-15-2005, 08:30 AM
*HUGS*

Ask her if she could send you pictures. :)

moosmom
04-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, it doesn't matter because I've lost her email address. :( Maybe it's for the best.