PDA

View Full Version : Cookies for you and your dogs?

Muddy4paws
04-14-2005, 12:55 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&ncid=757&e=10&u=/ap/20050414/ap_on_fe_st/canine_cookies

I saw this on yahoo lol, has anyone brought them? :p

LKPike
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
we buy lick'n'crunch peanut butter doggie cookies all the time, found at WalMart, Jillie gets 1 a day its how we sneak her phenobar. to her :) ((And we ARE guilty of sneaking some for ourselves)) :o :o

Dixieland Dancer
04-14-2005, 02:52 PM
This reminds me of Dusty's first birthday! We invited all 10 puppies back for a first birthday party. 8 were able to make it and one of the owners bought a birthday cake for three dog barkery. The cake looked like it was made for humans!

My husband came home at the tail end of the party when everyone was leaving. He went to the patio where all the food was still out and started to eat the cake! :eek: When I came back he said this cakes a little dry. I burst out laughing and couldn't manage to tell him he just ate the dog cake! :D Eventually I did tell him and he said he was feeling ill! :p We still laugh about it all these years later! :D

Bigyummydog
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
i've told people that i try all of MAXIMUS' snacks...they think i'm
nuts...some stuff is actually labled "not made for human consumption" :confused: but yeah, let your dog eat it...kevin thinks it has something to do with FDA...i don't know?

...that cake story is too funny :p :p :p

Muddy4paws
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE]i've told people that i try all of MAXIMUS' snacks...they think i'm
nuts...some stuff is actually labled "not made for human consumption" but yeah, let your dog eat it...kevin thinks it has something to do with FDA...i don't know?

If something said it wasnt made for human consumption i wouldnt give it to my dogs!! lol the only dog treats my dogs get are bonio's or gravy bones, none of them sound 2 appetising :p then again my uncle once ate a gravy bone :eek:

That cake story made me laugh :p Its the kind of stupid thing i would do myself!! :rolleyes:

LKPIKE : I havent heard of them? Do they taste nice?? :p

Im really tempted to make my dogs some frosty paws? if thats what its called i dont think you can buy them in UK so i'll have to do a DIY job ;)

pethop
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
haha... check out some treats
http://www.pethop.com/petshop/treats.html

i like those natural dog cookies, very healthy... my dog likes the peanut butter taste ... :D I tried it too.. lol :p

Muddy4paws
04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
that puppy treat machine is so cute!! unfortunatly if i got my dog that she would sit there all day :rolleyes: lol the peanut butter ones looks nice :p the natural treats look like the human biscuits!!

Bigyummydog
04-14-2005, 07:10 PM
If something said it wasnt made for human consumption i wouldnt give it to my dogs!!

HELLO!!!

cali
04-14-2005, 07:18 PM
ya there called peanut butter cookies lol and I can make them myself! I like them the dogs like them and they are not packed with preservitives lol for cake we make the dogs real cake, that us people AND the dogs eat :p

Muddy4paws
04-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Bigyummydog
HELLO!!!

Yeah, it was quite a stupid thing to say ! :rolleyes:

Cali : Im not so good at cooking I cannot cook for myself so I'll be too afraid of doing something wrong to them and making my dogs ill, I'll send my 2 over to you for some treats ;)

PJ's Mom
04-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by pethop
i like those natural dog cookies, very healthy... my dog likes the peanut butter taste ... :D I tried it too.. lol :p

You guys are making me want peanut butter cookies. :p

CathyBogart
04-14-2005, 07:46 PM
I've made cookies for myself and the dogs...yummy!

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 01:39 AM
I made these the other day, really easy, and you know exactly what goes in biscuits if you make them yourself.:) The gang absolutely loved them.

Tuna/Milk Bone Dog Biscuits
· 3/4 cup hot water
· 1/3 cup margarine
· 1/2 cup powdered milk
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 egg, beaten
· 3 cups whole wheat flour
· Variation: increase margarine to 1/2 cup and add 2 teaspoons sugar
· 1 can of 180gm tuna
In large bowl pour hot water over the margarine. Stir in powdered milk, salt, and egg. Add tuna. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Knead for a few minutes to form stiff dough. Pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into bone shapes. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool. They will dry out quite hard. Makes about 1 1/4 pounds of biscuits. Costs around 30 cents per pound.

IRescue452
04-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Autumn loves the carob doughnuts from 3DB. I means LOVES, she jumps and barks and spins in circles and jumps when I bring home a box. They are really good and of course I get the "What are you doing?" look from her if I eat one of her treats. I get them from Shopko and sometimes from 3 Dog Bakery if I'm in Madison. Haven't tried these cookies yet, not a big fan of oreos.

LKPike
04-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Muddy4paws
[QUOTE] LKPIKE : I havent heard of them? Do they taste nice?? :p
;)

they look just like brown oreos, and just as good! ((but more expensive than oreos.. :mad: Put "Dog" on it and jack up the price! thats how they do it :p))

Muddy4paws
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
o them cookies!! I personally didnt like them lol I got called crazy becuase my friend goes mad about them :rolleyes: My dogs have rich tea biscuits that they scavenge from my little brother at breakfast they go mad over them!