PDA

View Full Version : Rex: one year ago, and now

Canis Amicus
04-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Today, April 14th is the first anniversary of Rex adoption and I am posting the very first photo I took of him, one year ago, and the one, I took today, during our afternoon playtime, specially for this forum. Rex is now 4yo, and weights 45 kilos.

He is still a handful of work, patience and stamina, but I cannot imagine my life without him, I do love him very, very much.

His beautiful eyes and his waging tail are the two first things I see when I come back home after work, and that melts me, the second I step inside he lays down on his back for belly rubs. These moments are the top of the day for each other!

I bought him a soccer ball (which he killed right away), two balls with string (wich we call "tico-tico" because of the gizmo inside), and dental cream and brush for his beautiful smile.

Here photo from very first day, last year (from today is at the next post).

Rosana
and Rex

Canis Amicus
04-14-2005, 12:20 PM
And here the photo from today!

Albea
04-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Happy adoption anniversary, beautiful Rex!
You look so much happier now, thanks to your momy's care. You are indeed a magnificent pup.

PJ's Mom
04-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Rex. You sure are a handsome, happy looking boy! :)

Dixieland Dancer
04-14-2005, 02:55 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!! :D :D :D

anna_66
04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Happy Gotcha Day gorgeous Rex!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
HAPPPPPPPPPPPY GOTCHA DAY BEAUTIFUL REX!!!!!!!!

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:D :) :D

tatsxxx11
04-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Happy Gotcha Day gorgeous Rex! I remember well the day you frist "came home." Your Mom is so devoted to you and loves you SO much! And how well you have returned her love:) Hugs to you Rex! Here's to many more happy years of love and friendship...and soccer balls!:)

chocolatepuppy
04-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Happy Gotchca Day Rex, hope you had a great day! I was new to Pet Talk when you got Rex, but I remember you getting him! :D

lizbud
04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Happy anniversary Rex.:) He is such a gorgeous dog .:)

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Happy aniversary Rex, he's such a handsome boy.:)

gkristian
04-15-2005, 03:34 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!! :D

ChrisH
04-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Gosh, is it a year already!!

Happy Anniversary, Gorgeous Rex! :D

And congratulations to your mum too for the great job she's done/doing for you. :)

Hugs
Chris

tricollie4me
04-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Happy Gotcha Day, Rex! Looks like you're exactly where you were meant to be!

honor_fl
04-15-2005, 08:07 AM
I remember when you brought him home :)

He's grown into a big handsome boy.

Canis Amicus
04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
OMG Thank you all. I am surprised with so many posts!
I will never forget the day Rex came home.
After one year he is much better of his dog aggression issues; now he can run free in a field with other dogs around (small ones, not yet), but he still hates bicycles. Leashed, he still thinks he is the owner of the streets, and God forbid another dog to cross his way, even at a distance LOL.

Well, it was one year of dog schools, behaviorist and private trainer; and people who know him from before, have only cumpliments on how he became so lovely with other dogs, and is much better in general behavior.

I also would like to thank for all the support I received from this forum, since the very beginning till now.

Another photo from yesterday.

Rosana
and Rex