PDA

View Full Version : Green Eyed Beauty

catnapper
04-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Its been a while since I showed off my green eyed beauty Minette. She's been doing great since settling into Heather's Room. She still hates the cats, but has been caught playing footsie with Pouncer under the door. The moment the door is opened, she runs and hides and denies ever having contact with another furry critter. :rolleyes:

She spends her days sitting in the windows. She moves from window to window according to the time of day.
Here she is spending the morning in the window sill behind the bed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Minnie2.jpg
(taking these pictures was HARD because the headboard was in my way! :D )

The sun was so bright, it looks like she has no pupil! :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Minnie3.jpg

Are you talking 'bout me?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Minnie1.jpg

She is VERY happy being alone in the bedroom. I still feel guilty that she's only got such a small space to herself, but she's THRILLED to have all that room to herself, instead of sharing it with a dozen others. I have come to the conclusion that she will most likely become a permanent foster - on that 20 year plan like Harry and Abby ;) She doesn't do well at Adoption Events and anyone interested in her back off the moment they hear she won't be good with any other animals or kids. She'd be purrfect for the single person looking for a companion. She would LOVE that person with complete adoration.

K & L
04-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you're doing the right thing! I'm sure in her own time she'll come around.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 09:41 AM
She's looks like such a tiny petite little thing - and I just love her green eyes!

Welcome home sweetie. :D

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
She's such a beautiful little thing! I just love her green eyes.

jenluckenbach
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Has she had the opportunity to meet the dog?? I'm curious as to what she thinks of Nicki.

Don't worry Minette, your very own home will materialize (even if that means going off to college with Heather)

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Check out those EYES!! Hay, there is nothing wrong with being a "loner".. I like beeing alone too except I want my fur kids around. I find they all like their alone time now and then.

Giz in the bathroom on a pile of towels sleeping, Chester in the room where I kept the ferals sleeping, Samantha on my bed sleeping and Amy in one of her beds in the living room sleeping.

sandragonfly
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
beautiful little green-eyed girl!! last picture..lol, her attitude! cats with great attitude :D isn't Minette in your signature yet? I couldn't tell from two tabbies on the top and right :eek: hey, I'm still young! ;)

catnapper
04-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Gina, she is a foster. She won't be a permanent member of the family, not until I've exhausted every effort to find a home for her where she'll be completely and totally happy. I feel that I've offered her much happiness by getting her away from other cats in the shelter, but she would be best situated in a home alone.

She is the biggest lovey ever. Totaly lapcat. No attitude - she just has that "look". Something with her eyes slanted makes her look like she angry. She's not. Just totally sweet and loving. She's shy as anything, but once she knows you, she wants to be loved all the time.

PS: She is not in the siggy. clockwise from the top: Pouncer, Abby, Harry, Allen

sandragonfly
04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
oh no no, I didn't meant in that way, "mad" or negative look -- the "yeah...?" look actually I was reminded =) that face I get from my cats, (eyes slanted away from straight of nose) they go like..."what..." still, being a GREAT felinefriend but yes, your cat can show trust for you in her sweet-eyes! ah a foster, well you gotta teach me HOW to look for a good home for ONE of my cats!! or a piece of my heart will be GONE furrever...*yikes* -- good luck, napper.

catnapper
04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Actually, fostering the first few is hard. I failed and have Harry and Abby to show for my failure. But then there's the high that coems from knowing you took care of them and found them the purrfect home. I get sad when one goes, but thenI am sooo happy. I have wanted to hug a few families when they took home one of my fosters because I knew they were going to love that cat more than anyone ever could.

catmandu
04-14-2005, 05:43 PM
RAGNAR,IS A BIT,OF A LONER,ALTHOUGH HE NOW HAS SCRAPPY 2,HIS OLD PORCH BUDDY,TO PLAY WITH.AND THER OTHER CATS,PARTICULARLY JJJ3,MICHAEL,AND THE MOOSE,ARE STILL A BIT INTIMIDATED,BY HIS SIZE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos165.jpg

kimlovescats
04-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Silly me, forgot all about Minette! What a beauty she is, and definitely looks like a happy girl in "her room"!;) :D

Soapets
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Yep, it sounds like "Fostering 101" is an extremely difficult class to pass! Sounds like "Fostering 102, 103, 104" etc., etc., etc., are also difficult to pass.:D

How DO people who actually pass these courses really do it? I'm failing JOYFULLY (as opposed to miserably) with Shadow, as is my husband!:D

catcrazylady
04-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Kim she is absolutely GORGEOUS! Don't feel guilty about her staying in your daughters room. It's a heck of a lot bigger than a cage in the shelter and she has wonderful window view. She really looks very happy and that is all that matters. What a doll!!!:D

wolflady
04-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes, it has been too long since we've seen Minette! :p What a cutie she is! I hope you find a good home for her. :)

**hugs**