PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud of myself right now :)

Sirrahsim
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
My old hard drive decided to keel over, so last night I bought a new one :) I got it hooked up last night, but was having a few technical dificulties recovering data from my old drive.
Today I managed to hook up BOTH hard drives! The new one is the master and the old one is the slave. I am now able to recover the data from my old drive for some reason and it's working great:D I'm so freaking proud of myself right now:rolleyes: :D

lizbud
04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Congrats. :cool:

sirrahbed
04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
GEEK! http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/chatten_2.gif

I have to tell dad!!!

kimlovescats
04-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Hmmm, sounds like some serious NESTING going on!!!:D

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 08:57 AM
WHOA!! You did this YOURSELF?? You need to change your name to Miss Smarty Pants!! I would be so tickled myself that nobody would be able to stand me..

Let me ask you this.. This is a test.... just a test... How does one get into the Archive Root Directory? Doing "search" finds nothing..
(I have some files there I downloaded and can't figure out WHY they are going there or how to get them)

mina'smomma
04-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Hey Missy. You want to fix my laptop while you're at it????? I'll even send it to Japan for you.:p

You should be proud of yourself. My ex has a degree and computers, and can't even hook the two hard drives together.

PJ's Mom
04-14-2005, 10:08 AM
It is a good feeling to be able to do something so technical, isn't it? :D

I'm pretty good at it now, but when I first started, I'd call everybody and tell them what I did. :rolleyes:

Just wait until you become a real techie. You'll be into all kinds of computer equipment, neat appliances, cell phones and cameras. There will be no stopping you! :D

kuhio98
04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
You go girl!

Miss Smarty Pants, when you've got yours up and running and finished giving birth, I don't think it would be too much to ask for you to fly to Alaska and fix my laptop, do you? :p

Great job! Your dad must be so proud that you are a Geek off the old block!

Sirrahsim
04-14-2005, 05:41 PM
heheh I really do wish that I could claim the title of computer geek, but it wasn't really that hard:o
The instructions that came with the new hard drive had pictures and everything explaining exactly how to do it:o
As for the archive root directory:confused: :confused: :confused: I don't even know what that is:D sorry!

On another note, my computer boots up SSOOOOOOOOO fast now:D :D Before it would take about 4-5 minutes, now it's done in less than 1 minute!

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Where's that icon with the tongue sticking out and it's thumbs in it's ears wiggeling it's fingers?. Miss Smarty Pants! I would be so proud of myself if I had done that on my own and it WORKED!! Proud as punch!

Sirrahsim
04-15-2005, 12:04 AM
:D :D :o :D :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2005, 03:50 AM
WOW, I admire your skills!!

persianmom
04-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Way to go girl I proud of you to. Good job.

Love you all
Mom

NoahsMommy
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm highly impressed!! Good job! :)