PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember what your life was like before Pet Talk?

slick
04-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I was just sitting here eating my lunch and browsing PT and it suddenly occurred to me that only 2 1/2 years ago, I had NO computer at home and NO Pet Talk and no one to talk to about my concerns about my furbabies. What on earth did I do with myself? My apt was probably cleaner and I was probably more productive at work but would I want to go back? Absolutely not.

PT is as much a part of my daily routine as brushing and flossing my teeth. Sometimes I get busy and can't respond to all the threads I want to but that doesn't mean that I don't get at least an hour's browsing time during lunch. In addition, the friends I've made here are friends for life. Can it get any better than that?

So what did you do before Pet Talk?

Help me Lord, I'm soooo addicted!!!! :rolleyes: :D

catnapper
04-13-2005, 03:13 PM
LOL.. I actually went to the kids' sporting events! They don't even bother to ask anymore because they know I won't go (and if I do, I complain the entire time!)

I know the house was about as clean - in some aspects I'm much more clean now than before.

I only had Nicki, Allen, and a very young Pouncer.

Actually, at the time, I talked on another message board for step parenting, and talked a little about pets. The board underwent a change and most of the old timers left because it wasn't as fun anymore. I miss talking to them about the kids, but my new friends here are better, and the input I get from the kids here help me understand my own kids much more than I would have on the step parenting board.

PJ's Mom
04-13-2005, 03:21 PM
When I started posting here, I was an admin on another board that took up way too much of my time. I was constantly talking, writing articles and generally sitting at my computer for hours at a time.

I've left the other board because it took up too much of my life. Now I'm here and it takes up too much of my life.

Ok then. It's all good. :D

BitsyNaceyDog
04-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Before Pet Talk I had more free time, now I never have free time because any spare minute I have I'm here.

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
Before Pet Talk I had more free time, now I never have free time because any spare minute I have I'm here.

lol, me too!!:D:D:D

petslover
04-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I had so much free time now I just want to be on Pet Talk all the time to chat to you wonderful people! :D

When I came to Pet Talk, I just had my six dogs, and still have the same six but with 2 rats and 2 bettas.

Suki Wingy
04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
um, I spent a lot more time on dog breeders' sites, I used to sit on google images and type in stuff because I was so bored.

sirrahbed
04-13-2005, 08:05 PM
I can't remember!! I am SOOOO bad that I click the computer on before I even go to the bathroom:eek: The computer boots while I am in there and then I get my coffee. I keep it on all day long and pop on every couple hours.

I know for sure that I enjoy my kitties more than ever now that I have others to share my stories and obsession with:rolleyes:

I was also working at an office before PT and now I am home:D

But mostly - I don't remember!! I agree with slick that my best friends are right here and the ones I have met and know best will probably be friends for life.

Interesting topic, slick!:D

Oggyflute
04-14-2005, 02:00 AM
My life was pretty good before Pet Talk.............Now it's even better!:D I think we have quite a community here. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Before PT ??? Oh my, I was bored so much, didn't know what to do with my time... ! Then I saw "dogof the day" on my nephew's pc, and I clicked on it. Next thing is that I was registrating!! Yippie
I found a place wher I can drool about my pets, post pics, etc... . That is also the day where I started making a whole bunch of new friends, friends for life!!

jenluckenbach
04-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am SOOOO bad that I click the computer on before I even go to the bathroom:eek: The computer boots while I am in there
(LOL) Me too!!!

anna_66
04-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Before PT? Hmmmm let me think for a second.....nope, don't remember what it was like before PT:D

But seriouly, I've learned to love and respect my pets more than I ever did. I've made some wonderful life long friends and am happier than I've ever been:D

Thanks PT!!!

carole
04-14-2005, 06:21 PM
What life before PT, ?? just kiddin, well I must say I did tend to get a lot more done around the house than now, I probably was not sitting in my PJ's until noon, and I was probably bored to death.

PT has been an awesome addition to my life, it has got the tired old brain up and working and brought great joy to my life, infact just learning to even operate a computer has been a big plus in my life, from a girl who said, how on earth do you control this mouse thingy, I have come a long way, a long way to go yet, but hey Rome was not built in a day.

Being part of PT has learnt me to be more humble, less critical,it has made me think before I open my mouth, be more rational in my thinking, and I have learn't to appreciate life a lot more,I have learn't lots of interesting things, and all in all it has been nothing but positive.:)

IRescue452
04-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Ahhh life before PT... fond memories of nothingness and time to clean and do stuff around the house and I actually wrote my papers without stopping every paragraph to post something...yep those were the days. Too bad, don't miss 'em much, nothing else to do when you live between a cornfield and an empty place. Now I talk constantly about my PT "family" and the pets that I don't really have. Life's gotten hectic but I don't miss the smell of roses.