PDA

View Full Version : Thursday-brew 102!!!

RICHARD
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
DO THEY STILL MAKE THAT BEER????

Welcome to everyone...here we go! another thursday!!!

the bar is open, Mario has had his diaper changed and I am working!!!!:confused:

robinh
04-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Looks like a slow day, barkeep! I'll have whatever is easiest. I think I'll pull up a chair and set a spell.
:D

Pit Chick
04-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey, where is everyone. Mario, is that you that smells like baby powder?

I'll have a Liquid Cocaine.

davidpizzica
04-13-2005, 01:53 PM
RICHARD, slow day, huh? I'm tired & thirsty after cutting grass for 8 hours! Could I have a diet lime coke and two cnt's for the girls?

RedHedd
04-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by robinh
I think I'll pull up a chair and set a spell.
:D Can you make it a "no income taxes due" spell?

lbaker
04-13-2005, 02:07 PM
I'll have a brew-ha ha and as soon as I finish up this report on my desk I'll dodge the fruit-fly's, leap over the bar-flys and start some snacks to munch on while the others mozey on over. Ever notice how nicely Catland and Corinna "mozey"? ;)

slick
04-13-2005, 02:20 PM
**runs up to Laurie, bangs her shoulder and runs back behind the sofa**

Tag, you're IT!! I'll race you to the swings......

OH, that's right....we're not in skewel anymore... :o :D

Hey, there ain't no fruit flies over here....just bar flies....:D

One brewskie please to wash down my lunch.

catland
04-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Didn't know that moseying was such an art form, did you? Mario is a great teacher.

Pit Chick
04-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by catland
Didn't know that moseying was such an art form, did you? Mario is a great teacher.

That's the only way to get around down here in the South. ;) :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Didn't know that moseying was such an art form, did you?

As compared to sidling. Anyone see the Seinfeld "sidle" episode? Too funny! :D

Guess I'll just mosey on over to the bar and grab a nekkid beer. Haven't had one for awhile. Hmmm....bar flies and nekkid beer...doesn't sound like a very good combination. ;)

RICHARD
04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Hmmm....bar flies and nekkid beer...doesn't sound like a very good combination. ;)

DONE???:)

One beer for the Slickster to wash down the lunch...

DONE!

David,
Two CNTs and one DLC...DONE...

Do you have to rake too?:confused:

PC, the closest I can come is

Liquid Heroin

Recipe: In a shot glass, mix equal parts of YeagerMister, GoldSchlager & Rumple Mintz....

This Shot is divided up into 3 equal parts.

lol,

It figures, the first drink I can't find a recipe for....
You have been nothing but trouble since you showed up
;)

Hi Catland, Robin and Redd.....what's the matter aren't you guys drinking???

Just wait Laurie Baker........July will be here soon.....chortle, snirk!!!:D

dukedogsmom
04-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I'll have a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Maybe it will get rid of this cold. Happy early Thursday everyone!

RICHARD
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I'll have a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Maybe it will get rid of this cold. Happy early Thursday everyone!

done!!

I hope it's not the same cold I had.....That was almost three weeks ago....i have almost stopped coughing!!!!!:eek:

get well soon!

slick
04-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Richard, we can count on you like clockwork. Send those other two guys in your office home at 3:30.....and here comes Richard. First stop, Pet Talk. :D

Tanks for the brew.....any chance of getting a BM? I've got another couple of hours to go.

RedHedd
04-13-2005, 06:19 PM
A nice hot cuppa ginger tea could be good. It's kinda windy and chilly up here in the S.F. Bay Area. (Sorry, I haven't been paying attention, teach .... busy working!) ;)

RICHARD
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by slick
Hey Richard, we can count on you like clockwork. Send those other two guys in your office home at 3:30.....and here comes Richard. First stop, Pet Talk. :D

Tanks for the brew.....any chance of getting a BM? I've got another couple of hours to go.

One BM for you...DONE!

LOLOL,
Do you want some pine litter with your BM???;)

Redd.

Ginger Tea?

You got it.......school's out so you can relax!!!;)

DONE!

slick
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
LOLOL, Do you want some pine litter with your BM???

LOLOLOLOL
I swear the bigwigs on the 4th floor would love nothing better than to put a litterbox in my office. That way I wouldn't have to waste 2 precious minutes walking to the BR and taking a wizz. :rolleyes: :D

Sorry you are sick Val. I'm still coughing and I'm sure I'm coming up to my third week....feel better soon.

catland
04-13-2005, 06:56 PM
hee-hee - I snuck behind the bar and helped myself to a strawberry margarita.

Corinna
04-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi all . I'll take a green tea. We are having the screwest weather. Got eat dinner just checking in.

dukedogsmom
04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks Slick and Richard. I caught it after staying up all night at a scrapbooking party. Was great fun. So, I guess it was worth it. Think we could start up a fire? I think it would feel really good right now. I've also got some hot peppermint tea for anyone that would like some.

RICHARD
04-13-2005, 07:14 PM

LOLOLOLOL
I swear the bigwigs on the 4th floor would love nothing better than to put a litterbox in my office. That way I wouldn't have to waste 2 precious minutes walking to the BR and taking a wizz. :rolleyes: :D

Sorry you are sick Val. I'm still coughing and I'm sure I'm coming up to my third week....feel better soon.

I can see you tracking pine stuff all over the office~~~;)

Catland..

No problemo!!! Can I have the last little bit from the blender?

Corrina,

sending you some warm thoughts and weather....

DONE!

DDM,

Here in the NEW office I sit under the air conditioning..
Today I am wearing a fleece pullover, a t shirt and a tank top....this is the first day that I have felt decent.....my hands are always freezing and I drove home with the heater on a few days ago, even tho it was 80 degrees out side!!!:rolleyes:

joycenalex
04-13-2005, 07:19 PM
barkeep! barkeep! double cappicino with half and half please! i'm doing my taxes!!!!(whimper)

dukedogsmom
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Joycenalex, I did my taxes today, too. I'm getting some back but only because I have extra taken out. I'm such a procrastinator.

captain
04-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Morning from Australia ...........

Barperson - RICHARD, if I may, please, a double Absolut Vodka with a twist of Lime.

joycenalex
04-13-2005, 09:55 PM
val, i get freaked out by tax forms. i know they won't hurt me, hurt alex or the meows, but the math and tax stuff freak me out big time. god bless turbo tax. barkeep a champaign cocktail, i want to celebrate, i'm done!!!wooo hooo!

Oggyflute
04-13-2005, 11:51 PM
My business got audited today, so I think a big drink is in order. :(
One pint of anything wet slighty brown, lots of bubbles and a liitle frothy on top would be just fine.:)

I'll just knock this one off, then I'll race home to beat the traffic.:D

Oggyflute
04-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Home now.:D

Might just rustle behind this bar and see what we got here. Mario go check the door. No don't mosey, walking is just as good mate. Yeah I'd leave the powder behind, you've really had enough.

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 04:14 AM
What have you found back there, Trev? Looks like there were a good mixture of drinks going around earlier. Did Slick leave any of that BM?

You stayed up all night at a scrapbooking party, Val? You raver, you! :D

Oggyflute
04-14-2005, 05:52 AM
I found this really good bottle of rutherglen tawny port, which could be now taking it's toll as a fatter of mact.:D

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Rutherglen Tawny Port? Would that be Rutherglen, Australia? I didn't know you had one! I wonder if it is anything like Rutherglen, Glasgow? What do you think? :D

slick
04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey what's all this noise.....don't you guys know that the West Coast people are trying to sleep?? Yeah.....5:15am here and what the heck am I doing on Pet Talk? Checking out the bar of course.;) Too much drama going on right now.

So, what's for breakfast? I've got a hankering for some home-made biscuits with gravy or perhaps some eggs bennie.

**stumbles to the kitchen**
Be right back....I'm just checking out supplies and will put on some fresh coffee.

lbaker
04-14-2005, 07:21 AM
You are in luck Slick, eggs bennie is one of my specialties! Try to catch another 40 winks and when you wake up... VOILA! Did you happen to bring some of that nice Canadian bacon with you? No no, don't get up... I'll just reach into your backpack if that's OK with you. OW! What the heck do you have in there?

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssh. We'll wake up those west coasters rummaging around in the bar like this!

Oh too late. Poor Slick is up and about. Coffee smells good, but my mind is boggling at the thought of biscuits and gravy??? I think I must be imagining something other than what is is.

lbaker
04-14-2005, 07:27 AM
KK, you have never tried buttermilk biscuits with RedEye gravy?Boy are you in for a treat ;) yummmm GUD!

moosmom
04-14-2005, 07:27 AM
How about a Yeagher Bomb and a cozy chair by the fire please. It's kitten season and already I'm depressed!! Keep 'em coming! Oh Daaaaaavid!!!! ;)

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 07:28 AM
This is what is says at the end of the recipe I just found on the internet -

"720 calories, 478 calories from fat, 53g total fat (82%), 26.9g saturated fat, 704.8mg cholesterol, 1546.3mg sodium, 29.2g carbohydrates, zero fiber, 31.3g protein."

Why am I suddenly not so hungry any more?

Hey where you going with that plate? Just because it's got loads of fat and zero fibre doesn't mean I don't want one!

slick
04-14-2005, 07:36 AM
So what exactly is red-eye gravy anyway?? The only red-eye I know is what I see the day after the Ca BBQ....:D ;)

KK - me thinks that you can afford the calories. Tis me that needs to watch them.

Laurie, there's plenty of supplies back there. I'm an expert at making hollandaise sauce - the real deal - so just leave it to me.

Donna, sorry you are depressed. I don't do bartending anymore so can't whip a drink but here's Richard's book. Maybe you can find the recipe in there.

Lacey
04-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Mmmmm! Biscuits and gravy sounds good! How's about some sausage gravy just like my Papaw makes? I'll just slip on over to the stove and see if I can do it as well as he can. And while I'm overe here, let's just snag a huge mug of coffee and three CNT's heavily laced with Rescue Remedy. Ah, that's the stuff!

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Ah, we're back to red eye gravy! I'm sure it has been mentioned before. Yes I would like to try that please. Now what I would call a biscuit, you would call a cookie, and I just can't imagine that with any kind of gravy!

zippy-kat
04-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Good morning all -

The fun just doesn't stop lol; I get to celebrate Thursday with cranky clients trying to beat the 2004 IRA contribution deadline, a dentist appointment, and continued work on a 7 pager, 9 pager, and (another) 7 pager. Good lord, is it July yet?

Bartender, I'll take... a nap! :) Sleep seems to be a precious commodity these days.

(Actually, a peppermint tea would be great, too.)

Corinna
04-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Good morning all Just a quick check in . Man I guess I have to admit age creeping up . Hands so stiff with the arthritcs today I guess Mr Alleve will be my freind again to day. More snow its starting to get depressing. How about a sugerfree hot cocoa please.
Slick can I have some of that biscuits and gravey sure smells good.
O please not the red eye gravey again!

lbaker
04-14-2005, 08:12 AM
And WHAT *she asks haughtily, looking down her nose* is wrong with red-eye gravy? OK ok, sausage gravy is good too, how are doing with that Lacey? mmmmm, biscuits are starting to rise and about ready to put in a covered skillet to cook over the coals in the fireplace. Camp cooking... gotta love it :D

Lacey
04-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Sausage gravy is just about ready!

Oh, no! Mario! When you squeeze fresh orange juice, the juice goes in a glass, not all over you!

slick
04-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone....for the second time....

Laurie, you're right...those bickies and gravy sure smell good. **holds up plate** Slap one of the those puppies down here will ya? Thanks.

I used to camp by myself all the time and my trusted friend was this heavy cast iron dutch oven. Man, the cooking I did over an open fire was to die for....and there's nothing like the smell of cooking bacon over the hot coals. Too bad we all couldn't squeeze in a camping trip sometime.

Hmmmmm, I wonder how many tents we can string up in Gini's back yard??

Killearn Kitties
04-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Did you get some more sleep, Slick? (Sleep Slick??)

Did you really have to pluck up courage to get your ears pierced at 40? :D :D

lbaker
04-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Did you count sheep in your sleep Slick? :p

slick
04-14-2005, 09:51 AM
:D :D
Into the slitted sheets I slipped and counted sheep in my sleep....
:eek: OK, I'm not going to say that really fast 3 times over after a few drinks....Actually, Speckles crawled underneath the blankets with me.

Karen...yes....on my 40th birthday I decided it was time to get my ears pierced. I was so scared, I took my niece with me and she held my hand and giggled the whole time. :rolleyes: OK, go ahead and laugh now...I can take it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Biscuits and gravy are good, but once I found out the details like Karen posted, everytime I see them all I really see is a heart attack on a plate....and just can't bring myself to eat them anymore! They are good...but I think I'll stick with the eggs bennie this morning. That's always been one of my favorites. I love the place in New Orleans (forget the name) but they have, like, 40 different varieties of Eggs Benedict. :D

Have to raise my cup of Coke to Speckles and Max today - Happy Gotcha Day, sweeties! :D

Camping trip? Did I hear someone say camping trip? We just got the motorhome fixed and it's back home and rarin' to go - as is Terry! We've discovered the awesomeness of bacon cooked over an open fire......so now Terry's cholesterol is up. :( :rolleyes: Have to try that turkey bacon stuff......yuk! :p

Logan
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't even know what you're having today, besides the sinful biscuits and gravy (good southern cuisine). :) I'll skip the food and go straight to the bar. Whatcha serving Mr. Bartender??? Whatever it is, I'll take it, unless it has brown liquor or coconut in it. :p

I found a problem on our taxes and undoing a mistake I made is killing me!!!!!! Of course, I waited until the last week to do them, but this makes 3 days straight that I've been working on them! It's killing me!!!!! :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Slick...here's my ear piercing story. I am the youngest of four so I was always the guinea pig they tried things on (I'll tell you the hot dog eating contest story sometime.) Anyway...one Sunday my sister and I were sitting around and she decided to pierce my ears. An ice cube, a sewing needle and there you have it. Done...as is said.

She did my mother's too.

Sorry...I am under the gun to get a project done for a client so I can't stick around.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
An ice cube, a sewing needle and there you have it. Done...as is said.

Been there, done that. ;)

I got my ears pierced for my 13th birthday. Don't know how old I was by the time I wanted a second hole in each ear - Mom said no way! I was so mad :mad: that I took a needle and ice cube in the bathroom and locked the door. Didn't come out until I had two holes in each ear - second was much harder since the anger had worn off a bit by the time I got to that one. :rolleyes:

Ok, now that the eggs bennie are gone, what's for lunch? I'm starving! Could really go for some pizza, anybody else want some?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Ok, now that the eggs bennie are gone, what's for lunch? I'm starving! Could really go for some pizza, anybody else want some? Pizza sounds wonderful. I'd also like a cherry limeade and 4 cnt's for the kids.

And some ice for my hand. I've been trying to get the bottom off a blender since yesterday. Silly people shipped the thing vacuum sealed on. I tried putting it in the refrigerator, soaking it in hot soapy water, prying it off, and throwing it against the wall. My hands hurt so bad today. I'm sending the stupid thing back along with a LONG letter of complaint (as soon as I can hold a pen again). :p

Mario, did you make cherry pizza again?:rolleyes: :D

emily_the_spoiled
04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone, I think I will join everyone but I will have a glass of champagne. Two weeks ago at this time I wasn't sure that I would have a job (politics), but I still have the job and I am about to adopt two more furry members into my family. So I think both of those call for a celebration :) :)

lbaker
04-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Three glasses of champagne (or three bottles if you want to share ;) ). One for each kitten and one for the reprieve from job worries! YEAH Cheryl... :D

gini
04-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Hmmmmm, I wonder how many tents we can string up in Gini's back yard??

Slick, you just reminded me of a joke Richard and I were going to play on Laurie last year.

I have a tent - I have a porta potty - a joke my brother gave me one year. Little toilet seat - on a stand - comes with a dozen baggies - I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

We were going to pitch the tent and put the porta potty next to it
in my back yard - Laurie's Room. It was going to cost extra:D :D

Lunch time - let's see - anybody know what a Monte Cristo sandwich is? - talk about calories..............I would love one.

To drink? Hmmm, maybe an ice cold glass of a good crisp chardonnay!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
I'll share in the sham-pag-ne celebration! I love sham-pag-ne!

Congrats on keeping the job - can't wait for those two boys to get home! :D

Gini - that would have been a good one! I like the part where it costs extra. :D :D

MOFF, did they super glue it or something? :confused:

Pizza and sham-pag-ne all around! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2005, 01:48 PM

MOFF, did they super glue it or something? :confused:

Pizza and sham-pag-ne all around! :D I think they must have! I sure can't get it to budge.

This is good pizza.
Mario eat your own. You put the cherries on it, so YOU eat it!:D

davidpizzica
04-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
How about a Yeagher Bomb and a cozy chair by the fire please. It's kitten season and already I'm depressed!! Keep 'em coming! Oh Daaaaaavid!!!! ;) Donna, is there a chair big enough for two? I'm worn out after being on the business end of a lawn mower for 8 hours!! At this point I'll even take a Yeagher bomb!

emily_the_spoiled
04-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I think I will go for 2 bottles of champagne for each kitty, but only a glass for the job. This is just a temporary reprieve and I will be going through the same stuff next month. But I am going to enjoy the time while I have it :D

RICHARD
04-14-2005, 01:56 PM
good morning everyone..

sorry I cannot tend to you all individually.

But I want to tell Gini that I have had a craving for a Patty Melt for two days now....

and on a more morbid note......Two guys were killed on the freeway this morning when a piece of metal went thru the windshield of the car they were driving.....It hit the man in front passenger seat and the man sitting behind him.....

In all the traffic I ended up behind a car with this on his license plate....

I'M MARIO.

gini
04-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Let me guess Richard - it was a bright red Lexus two seater..........and the dude was throwing cherry pits out of his window.

Right?

lbaker
04-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Last week Debbie saw "Mr Slick" driving down the street, right? Next sighting?? Let's keep our eyes open and see what the next one is.. (no fair making it up). Winner gets - um, gets.... well, we can think about that.

gini
04-14-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't know if this counts - but last Monday - early evening, I saw this woman on my front lawn. She had a metal detector.

I couldn't stand it - so I went outside and asked her what she was doing.

She didn't really answer me - but assured me that she wasn't digging anything up.

She then proceeded to walk up and down our whole block checking out everyone's lawn.

Is there something SHE knows, that I don't???

RedHedd
04-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Last week Debbie saw "Mr Slick" driving down the street, right? Next sighting?? Let's keep our eyes open and see what the next one is.. (no fair making it up). Winner gets - um, gets.... well, we can think about that. Today I saw "CSONTKT" :) Took me a while to figure it out :rolleyes:

Lunch time! A Monte Christo sounds WONDERFUL! w/a diet Peach iced tea Snapple.

RICHARD
04-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gini
Let me guess Richard - it was a bright red Lexus two seater..........and the dude was throwing cherry pits out of his window.

Right?

Of course!!!:D

Here's one for everyone...

Slick's sleep sheep's sixth sheep's sick.:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
In all the traffic I ended up behind a car with this on his license plate....

I'M MARIO.

OMG! I would have lost it and probably gotten in an accident if I saw that one! :D :D

Terry and I just got new cell phones last Saturday - we had them before, we just got new ones. So while I'm sitting in traffic waiting for a red light, I'm playing with it, listening to all the different ring tones, trying to figure out how to send a text message, etc. The news comes on the radio. A school teach was killed on the South side. She was talking to her husband on the cell phone - went around the guards at a train crossing - was hit by a train and killed. I put my cell phone down.....

slick
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I guys, work is busy today so only stopping for a moment to grab a double BM to go.

Gini, nice to see you here.
Connie, sorry you are in pain. Want to borrow a hand?

Everyone else? Hi y'all. Sorry gotta run....the alligators are biting at my heels.

Love ya....

lbaker
04-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Slick, before you insult the alligators - get out of the pond

Richard, who are you calling sheep dip :eek:

Gini, was that woman looking for the iron maiden that never made it home after last years BBQ :o

slick
04-14-2005, 02:41 PM
So I walk into my psychiatrists office the other day and I say...

"Doc you gotta help me. The night before last I dreamt I was a pup tent and last night I dreamt I was a teepee. What's going on?"

She looked at me and said "Sounds to me like you are too tense".

:o :D OK, I'm going to back to work. Will check the other threads later.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2005, 04:28 PM
She looked at me and said "Sounds to me like you are too tense".

G-R-O-O-O-A-N :D :D

Almost time for me to go home so I'll a pitcher of slushies to go in about 20 minutes and 1 right now to tide me over.

Can I quit my job now?

davidpizzica
04-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey, everyone! My car's fixed and I drove down to the bar to show it off. Any rides?

joycenalex
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
david! remember that 'retha franklin song..".riding down the freeway of love in a pink cadillac?"....so what did you get?

davidpizzica
04-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
david! remember that 'retha franklin song..".riding down the freeway of love in a pink cadillac?"....so what did you get? I have a 1994 Olds Cutlass Surpreme coupe. It has a little over 68,000 miles. I just got it out of the body shop today. It's teal blue. I've had for five years and it's paid off!

catland
04-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by david p
I have a 1994 Olds Cutlass Surpreme coupe. It has a little over 68,000 miles. I just got it out of the body shop today. It's teal blue. I've had for five years and it's paid off!

"paid off" is my favorite kind of car. I'll go for a ride - is it ok if Mario comes along as a chaperone?

moosmom
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "Don't laugh, it's paid for!"

Hey Slick,

Don't quit your day job!! ;)

davidpizzica
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
"paid off" is my favorite kind of car. I'll go for a ride - is it ok if Mario comes along as a chaperone? Sure Mario can dhaperone if he promises no cherries in the car!

Corinna
04-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey david how about a picture of the new Old blue

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Rutherglen Tawny Port? Would that be Rutherglen, Australia? I didn't know you had one! I wonder if it is anything like Rutherglen, Glasgow? What do you think? :D

Considering that Rutherglen is one of the best wine producing area's in Victoria, I would think not.:D

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hey david how about a picture of the new Old blue

Yeah David we better see what we are going to get into.:D Just don't let Mario anywhere near the keys, he's had way too many cherries.

Slick, "two tense" :rolleyes: Whatever your drinking, better make it a double.;)

slick
04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! There's fresh coffee on and a new batch of Bailey's on the bar. Help yourself.

Weather here today is crappy....overcast, raining and cold....just the kind of day that makes you want to never get out of bed....but then I wouldn't be able to check on Thursdays. :D

Not sure if Richard will be around today and I've got a couple of meetings so let's make this a free-for-all. Belly up the bar and make your own. The bartending book is here and it's alphabetized by "name of drink" so fill your boots.

Meanwhile, I'm going into the kitchen to see what I can rustle up for breakie.

catland
04-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Wow - this place is deserted. All the Americans getting their taxes finished?

Since its Leonardo Da Vinci's birthday, I'll have a Mona Lisa.

Just drink what ever you like and smile.:)

(I just made that up - think I'll have some of Slick's Bailey's if there is some around here)

slick
04-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it is pretty quiet in here. My boss and my assistant are away to I'm trying to cover 3 jobs here. Sorry about that.

Just drink what ever you like and smile
I'm liking that!!! You should add that to your siggie.

Help yourself to the Bailey's.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Just drink what ever you like and smile.:)

I like that too! I think that should be Thursday's new motto - and the motto for Gini's BBQ. :D

So, on that note, and since I only have 3 hours to go before it's officially the weekend, I'll have a nekkid beer to kick things off. :D

Guess everybody is still out on their test ride with David.....

catland
04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I keep a sub-directory in my work emails called "Personal and Confidental" - where I keep the funny stuff.

Here's some moments of zen...

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone.

13. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

23. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

27. Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

slick
04-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey, I think I'll paste #1 on my door......leave me alone.....I'm enjoying some good quality Pet Talk time.....:D

Your beer is in the fridge Debbie. So, are you getting the motorhowze all warmed up? The season is upon you.

lbaker
04-15-2005, 02:14 PM
another moment of zen from me...

"The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless."

slick
04-15-2005, 02:20 PM
"The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless."
:D :D :D Only you, Laurie....only you!!!!!

gini
04-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey, thought I would pop in and here you guys are zenning out.

Loved all of them..............."chewing through the leather straps":D :D

I would like some kind of disgusting sandwich - maybe a good drippy tuna - or a turkey with tomato, lettuce and avocado..........and something cold to wash it all down with.

A beer? Every once in a while those are alright - especially with Chinese food.

I don't think we have a bartender today - so I will take a minute or two to wash up the glasses and tidy up a bit.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 02:57 PM
27. Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

This one is just too funny! I have a very good friend who lives in Seattle (high school buddy) who would really appreciate this humor. :D :D She's a cat freak too - they have 4 of them and have added shelves to their rec room's walls so the cats can sit up high. Unfortunately she's not a 'puter person - hates it to be exact - otherwise we'd have another demented cat lover here. ;) :D

Thanks Slick. I'll just grab another, anybody else want something while I'm in here?

slick
04-15-2005, 03:04 PM
so I will take a minute or two to wash up the glasses and tidy up a bit.
Oh no you don't.... You just sit down and relax and let us "young-uns" take care of that!!! :D ;)
EWWWWW, beer and chinese food???? I love them both but not together.

I'll go cut up some fixins for your sammie.

Debbie, while you're down there, I'll take an OJ please. Gotta stock up on that Vit C because this **** cold is still hanging on.

gini
04-15-2005, 03:06 PM

Oh no you don't.... You just sit down and relax and let us "young-uns" take care of that!!! :D ;)

My response cannot be printed here...................

so I will email you............you...........you..........:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by gini
My response cannot be printed here...................

so I will email you............you...........you..........:D :D :D

I was wondering about.....:D :D

Here's you OJ Slick. I agree, beer yes, Chinese food yes, beer and Chinese food no thank you! :D

Don't mind if I help myself to another one.....

What??.....the weekends here....almost....:D :D

Oh, and no, Slick, no motorhowze this weekend. We were going to take it, but there's a chance of rain, and we have freshly polished wheels.....and he wonders why I get upset when he walks on my freshly vacuumed carpeting.....:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
This one is just too funny! I have a very good friend who lives in Seattle (high school buddy) who would really appreciate this humor. :D :D She's a cat freak too - they have 4 of them and have added shelves to their rec room's walls so the cats can sit up high. Unfortunately she's not a 'puter person - hates it to be exact - otherwise we'd have another demented cat lover here. ;) :D
Does your friend know about Pet Talk? She may like a 'puter better if she visited us.

I never liked the Internet until I found PT. Now it's about the only thing I use the net for. Well, that and e-mail!:D

slick
04-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Connie...I've just brewed up some fresh Catnip Tea and there are several CVC's in the fridge. Help yourself.

we have freshly polished wheels.....and he wonders why I get upset when he walks on my freshly vacuumed carpeting.....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Men....can't live with them and can't live with them....speaking for myself, of course. ;) Thanks for the OJ.

Lady's Human
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Late to the bar again......

Being that I'm going to the race sunday, how about a 6 pack of Miller Genuine Draft? I'll be rooting for Mark, but rusty's good as well, and if Mark can't win I'd love to see rusty get back in Victory Lane

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Connie...I've just brewed up some fresh Catnip Tea and there are several CVC's in the fridge. Help yourself.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Men....can't live with them and can't live with them....speaking for myself, of course. ;) Thanks for the OJ. Thanks slick!
All 4 of my kitties are blowing kissies to their "auntie slick" for the cnt! And I send "THANKS" for the cvc's!

Lady's Human, you get to actually GO to the race????
I am SO jealous!!!
ENJOY!!!:D

Lady's Human
04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
MOFF.....

I'll be sitting in turn one, about 1/2 way up.

THe race ticket just happened to fall into my wallet this morning, dunno HOW it got there ...

(one of our instructors in OK knew someone who had a ticket that they wanted to sell and I got it for face value)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
MOFF.....

I'll be sitting in turn one, about 1/2 way up.

THe race ticket just happened to fall into my wallet this morning, dunno HOW it got there ...

(one of our instructors in OK knew someone who had a ticket that they wanted to sell and I got it for face value)
WOW! I'll be watching for you! Be sure to wave!;) :D

davidpizzica
04-15-2005, 04:36 PM

"The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless." Laurie, how about me? I'm a mower and not too bad shirtless, either!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Men....can't live with them and can't live with them....speaking for myself, of course. ;) Thanks for the OJ.

I know exactly what you mean. :rolleyes: ;) :D

20 more minutes to go and I's free! Free at last, free at last....;)

I'm so excited. Don't know if anyone saw it, but I think CJ is actually having good poops, I just didn't know they were his!:rolleyes: Off to do some more investigation this evening.....soooo.....I think I'll take a few beers with me so I don't have to emerge from the basement quite as often. Now, if we only had a bathroom down there.....and no, I'm not going to use the litterboxes. ;) :p :D

See you all on Monday!

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Morning all. It's mid saturday morning here, and managed to have a bit of a sleep in, despite Possum waking me at 3.00AM, then at 6.00AM. *YAWN* Better have a heart starter, might just mix up a jug of bloody mary's, I thought this drink appropiate as I cut myself shaving this morning, and have a big wad of tissue paper stuck on my face. Not a good look. :(

slick
04-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Morning Trev....or should I say good evening???

One pitcher of BM's and a bandaid. DONE!

Still have not used up that roll of film with Trevelle on it....will see to it this weekend.

LH: not much into racing myself....unless it a race to the bar, that is!! :D Have fun!

RICHARD
04-15-2005, 08:44 PM

I'm so excited. Don't know if anyone saw it, but I think CJ is actually having good poops, I just didn't know they were his!:rolleyes: Off to do some more investigation this evening.....soooo.....

what DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND????

:D

Hi everyone....

this news totally sucks.

I have no more access to the internet from work.....

sooooooooooooo......I'll have to surf in the evenings.

My new boss is a little freak.,....she's been there three weeks.....
she's already trying to change the system and make me more efficient.....lololololol...

She's already mandated that no one is to call me for help..

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy..

I'll give her 9 months.........;)

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Thats not good news Richard. It's amazing how things can work out though, so 9mths might be a bit generous.:D

work harder, more efficient?:eek: Wash your mouth out. :D

RICHARD
04-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute

work harder, more efficient?:eek: Wash your mouth out. :D

I tried, she wouldn't sit still..........;)

slick
04-15-2005, 09:42 PM
......I'll have to surf in the evenings.
Ouch...won't that cut into your TV sports time???

My condolances again for the loss of your internet access. I was thinking that maybe when we are down there in July, Debbie and I could get our heads together, sneak into your office and give you your access back. Somewhere in our IT minds, there must be a way for us to figure it out.

Why don't you pal up to this gal and find out the administrator password...then we are homefree....:D Sorry, don't mean to make light of the subject. I'd be swearing a blue streak if that happened to me.

Here, I've made a double batch of slushies. Help yourself.:)

Oggyflute
04-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Better just have a coffee Slick. I'm feeling light headed at the moment, though whether from the bloody mary's or the loss of blood, I'm not sure.:D

slick
04-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Better just have a coffee Slick. I'm feeling light headed at the moment, though whether from the bloody mary's or the loss of blood, I'm not sure.:D
Coffee it is. DONE! Why don't you put a shot of Bailey's in it....it will take the pain away....:D

A story: My Ex (back in the 80's) used to shave in the tub, so every morning he'd have a bath and he'd have this special mirror tacked up on the tiles beside the spout. One day he dropped the razor and put a huge gouge in his big toe. From then on I always teased him about cutting his toe shaving....guess you had to be there.:D

Corinna
04-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi all sorry I'm so late today.To weird of a day to explain.
I could stand a DLC , oh never mind I'll get it myself. (walks to bar gets in fridge pops open can) Any room on the couch in front of that fire?
Has the weather being strange seemed to affect people in your towns? We have had 2 attempted murders and 2 cops getting shot this WEEK . Thats our yearly total. Drivers are nuts and tourists are already getting here and complaining about snow!!! We are Montana and its still winter here,.
OOPPPS sorry about the ranting , so Richard no day time posts BUMMER .
Sorry to hear about Cam Cams freind, glad for Lauras Brandon's progress. It's been a heck of a week.
I think tommorrow is bad old horror day again after I clean house (how come the cats can be great all winter I go to work and No one can see they have been bad and fur balled all over the wood floor.)

slick
04-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey Corinna, my friend, plunk yourself down on the couch in front of the fire. I've but on some applewood logs that Laurie had out back. Smells good, doesn't it?

You've still got snow???:eek: Wow, I could not deal with that. We've got rain all weekend but that's normal for us this time of year.

BTW, help yourself to the munchies on the bar.:)

Corinna
04-15-2005, 11:18 PM
It snowed about 3 inches yesterday then sleeted on the way home from work. My week to drive natrually I have the least amount of snowy driving experiance. I car pool with on of my older and most fun employee.
Today was 52 and sunny I just don't get it. My poor hands are really messed up from athritsis due to the ever changing wether.

lbaker
04-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Oggy is in this afternoon and you guys are still last night? I'm at work on Sat. morning? At the bar? :eek: Waaas happpennning? .... BM's are good in the whatever time zone you are in I guess? :rolleyes:

RICHARD
04-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Morning all. It's mid saturday morning here, and managed to have a bit of a sleep in, despite Possum waking me at 3.00AM, then at 6.00AM. *YAWN*

Oggy,

I was thinking about your problem.

If you have an extra room, get one of those inflatable beds and make the possum sleep in there!!!!
:confused:

-------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

Corrina, sorry to hear about your hands...I snap crackle and pop when I get out of my chair......

Slick, thanks for the help in the bar.

LH,

DUDE!!!!

DRAFT beer for a NASCAR race??? VERY APPROPRIATE...

DONE!!!

Guess what we are doing tomorrow morning????

P.S.
Be careful on the way home.....NASCAR brings out the racecar driver in everyone!

-----------------------------------------

How's about a tomato/cucumber/basil salad??
and I'm gonna wat my patty melt today.....going to the store...

any one want anything???

-----------------------

David,

How the car rolling??

Moff

how are you doing???? good I hope....

I'll be back later on....

You can take the man out of Pet Talk
But you can't keep the man out of Pet Talk...

Or something like that!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Moff

how are you doing???? good I hope....

I'll be back later on....

You can take the man out of Pet Talk
But you can't keep the man out of Pet Talk...

Or something like that!!!

HI! RICHARD!
It really stinks that they stole your Internet access!

My hand is doing better. Still a bit swollen from the fight with the blender's bottom.

I sent the thing back with a loooooooong letter of complaint. I told them if they could get that thing off, I would accept it back; if not I want my money back. We'll see what they will do.

It was so dumb of them to vacuum that thing together. What? did they think it would spoil. An opservation which I pointed out to them!

At least there is a NASCAR race on this weekend to make us both feel better.
ZOOM!!!!!
:D :D :D

davidpizzica
04-16-2005, 02:15 PM
RICHARD, I got the car back from the shop yesterday. It looks GREAT! You could mistake it for a California car. Now I have to take it in tuesday to get Pa. emissuions and inspection. I've been driving it with out-of-date inspection stickers, but I have a piece of paper showing that it just came out of the body shop.

Oggyflute
04-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Oggy,

I was thinking about your problem.

If you have an extra room, get one of those inflatable beds and make the possum sleep in there!!!!
:confused:

-------------------------------------

I can get over it if she's waking me up to go potty, as opposed to waking me up to satisfy this uncontrolable urge to gnaw on my toes. :D

David I guess old/new blue wasn't ready for Nascar then?