PDA

View Full Version : The new time zone setting???

AdoreMyDogs
01-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Karen and/or Paul,

Perhaps I missed this if it were talked about in any of the past posts, but what's going on with the time zone setting? Is that normal? I am not sure why the time is so far off, and the date is even off because of it. This is what it says (and by the way, the correct time now is 8:26 PM on 1/15/01:

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 AM.

Karen
01-15-2002, 07:33 PM
The time zone setting is under User CP, then you go to "Change Options." Partway down that page is a place to choose your time zone - right now you're probably seeing everything in Greenwich mean time.

Cinder & Smoke
01-15-2002, 07:41 PM
Hey Leslie ~

[COLOR=darkblue]To *fix* your clock on Pet Talk...

Click on the "user cp" clicker way up at the top of a page...

*** Find the box marked "Edit Options" and click

*** Scroll down near the bottom and find the box marked "Time offset:"

*** That box has a drop down arrow - click it...

*** Pick your correct time zone and click it

*** Finish up by selecting "Submit Modifications" at the very bottom of the page.

That shold fix your clock; he said hopefully! :D

:rolleyes: Iffin it don't fix it ~ seek Divine Help!

lizbud
01-15-2002, 07:52 PM
Oh Thank You Phred !!!

The times are all correct for me now. Must admit
seeing local time advanced by 5 hours was a little
disconcerting. Thanks a lot ! Liz.

AdoreMyDogs
01-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey Phred and Karen...I don't understand...I thought I did everything right but when I click on "user cp", then "edit options" then click on "time offset" I still get this message: All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 AM. Please select your time zone from the list: and when I click on the time zones I get all sorts of different GMT time zones, and not one single eastern std, pacific, or central time zone option. I only have GMT's to choose from. Is there something I am forgetting to do? Am I going to the wrong place? This is an example of what happens when I click to change the time zone:

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4/9/66/7/29296607uLFSEsofvN_ph.jpg

I am not sure ifyou'll be able to see the image...it's saved in my webshots album under "various pictures" if you don't see it here.

Kfamr
01-15-2002, 08:03 PM
mines perfect, Leslie maybe you need to scroll up on where you choose to do the times because at first i iddnt find it because i only scrolled down but then i went up and there it was!