PDA

View Full Version : Name Suggestions & PT Prayers Please

manda_moo87
04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
As some of you may know, one of my rabbits Maggie gave birth to a litter on Saturday evening. Of the 2 kits one is a peanut. A peanut is a rabbit born with the double dwarfing gene and is half the size of a regular kit. It is extremely rare that they live. Anyways, its 3 days old now and its sure a fighter! We're doing all we can to keep it alive, helping it nurse, and keeping it warm.

We want to give it a unique name. I was hoping to give it a name that had some meaning to it, like something that ment 'strong' or 'little' or 'fighter', something appropriate for it. Any ideas?? I don't know the baby's gender yet...

Please keep my little one in your prayers, I've grown so attached to it and am so hoping it will beat the odds and survive. :(

Here are a few pictures of my baby...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/manda_87/Bunnies/100_3335.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/manda_87/Bunnies/100_3327.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/manda_87/Bunnies/100_3325.jpg

Thanks.

Amanda

Lexi_Lover
04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
My prayers are still coming strong! :(

What about Cashew? :p He is a peanut after all....I'll get a list in a second! Raider?

flamepony12
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Prayers are still heading your way!!

What about "Kenji" (meaning 'strong son') or Apollo? :) I don't have many good names :o hehe

they are sooooooo cute!!

Kfamr
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
He's soooo cute!

Fuerte (strong in Spanish)
Poco (little in Spanish)
Vivo (alive in Spanish)
Bull (strong as a bull?)
Ajax (strong warrior)
Everett (strong)
Beacan (Small, little one) ** I love this one
Ziven (vigorous and alive)
Kaden (fighter)
Pallaton (fighter)
Borka (fighter)

finn's mom
04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Aww, I hope the baby makes it! Bennett is latin, and, it means "little blessed one", I love it! Malati is Hindu and it means small fragrant flower, and, Miette is French and it means small sweet thing. That one's really nice, too!

finn's mom
04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Let's see....for "fighter", here are a few I found.....

Caden or Kaden (american)

Dustin means valiant fighter and it's old german or old english

Pallaton is native american

finn's mom
04-12-2005, 09:35 PM
And, for strong, here are some....

Andra is greek and means strong and courageous

astin means strong leader (origin unknown)

aubrianna is english and means noble, strong one

avariella means strong, small woman and is american

breanna is celtic/gaelic and means strong, virtuous, honorable

brogan - celtic/gaelic - sturdy and strong

emmet - german - strong worker (i think this is a sweet, strong name)

lola - spanish - strong woman

minka - teutonic - strong, resolute

sloane - celtic/gaelic - strong protector

warrick - english - strong leader

finn's mom
04-12-2005, 10:00 PM
and, here are two that mean miracle....alazne is basque and milagro is spanish. solange is french and means rare jewel....rane is norwegian and means pure....this also means pure - sada (japanese).

manda_moo87
04-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Its going to be hard deciding! :p

finn's mom
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Just keep us posted on the baby's progress. And, if you decide on a name, for sure let us know! Do you see any listed that you like, yet?

Oggyflute
04-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Best thoughts and wishes for the little one Amanda. For a name I think Cashew is pretty good.:)

manda_moo87
04-13-2005, 12:11 PM
We've decided on naming him Kaden. :) Thank you all for the suggestions, it was a tough choice.

Just thought I would let you all know that this morning when we were doing the morning feeding Kaden was not looking well at all. He's very, very weak today and we could hardly get him to nurse at all... :( Its not looking very good for him. I don't think he's going to last much longer... :( :( :(

Hang in there my little Kaden! We love you so much!

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Oh Kaden...I'm praying you make it!!:(:(:( Have you named the other bunny Amanda?;)

manda_moo87
04-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
Oh Kaden...I'm praying you make it!!:(:(:( Have you named the other bunny Amanda?;)

Thanks Katie.

Nope, I haven't named the other one yet. I've got a few names lined up, I'm just waiting to find out the gender first (I'm really hoping its a girl). I should be able to tell in a few more days.

Kfamr
04-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Kaden was one of the favorites that I found. I love K names!
How are the babies doing today? :)

finn's mom
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
That's so sweet that you chose Kaden! I liked it a lot when I saw it and pasted it in here....I'm sorry to hear he's not doing well, though. He's made an impact already! I'll be thinking of you and Kaden.

manda_moo87
04-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Just got home from school and of course I went right way to check on Kaden. Sadly... he's passed over the Rainbow Bridge. :( My Mom was checking him on and off all day and last checked him an hour ago... so I must have just missed him. I really wish I could have said good bye to him, but when I saw him this morning I knew he wasn't going to last long. I'm going to miss him so much. But I take comfort in knowing that I tried my hardest to keep him alive and did all that I could possible do for him.

RIP baby Kaden. You'll be forever in my heart. :( Thank you ALL for your prayers and support, you have no idea how much I apprechiated it.

CamCamPup33
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
I've been looking at your threads, Amanda but haven't had much time to reply to them... I'm so sorry to hear about Kaden. :(

R.I.P Kaden.

:( :(

finn's mom
04-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Kaden. It seems as though you and he both fought hard. At least he was loved deeply while he was there with you.