PDA

View Full Version : I've turned into a murderer....

slick
04-12-2005, 08:03 PM
OK, all my life I been proud of the fact that I don't kill anything. Spiders?? I pick them up with my hands an carry them outside. Flies? I just shoe them outside or ignore them. Wasps/bees/hornets? I cover them with a glass, slide some paper over the opening and carry them outside. That's been my whole life.

About 3 weeks ago my workplace became infested with fruitflies . They were cute at first and I had a couple flying around my office. Heck, I even named them - Boris and Charlie. Well, Boris and Charlie decided to have a partee and they invited about a thousand of their little friends. It was fun at first but then they started to invade my space and would fly right up to my face all day long.

Last week when I was having a bad day, I slammed my fist down and killed one of them. :( RIP little fruitfly. However something strange happened and I found a new satisfaction in knowing that I was ridding my office of unwanted pests. Today I killed at least 10 of them......

Should I be convicted of murder???:eek: :(

Laura's Babies
04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
FRUITFLY SLAUGHTER in the office! Ugh Oh, you done it now! I'd say it is time to find the source that is bringing them in and get rid of that.... maybe they'll follow it outside.

jennifert9
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't know if this is wrong or not but that made me laugh!! Boris and Charlie figured you wouldn't mind a little party since you were so accomodating to them I guess!
You're a better person than me Slick! I kill any insects that dare venture into my home. I guess I'm not a good hostess like yourself! :D If I'm outside however, I let them live. I mean, after all I'm in THEIR space then right?
Don't feel too badly about the fruitflies. They only live for 24 hours or so anyway, you just made them fruit fly heros! The others are mourning, thinking "Oh, so sad...but, like they say, only the good die young." ;)

I am curious though, where are they coming from? Did someone leave fruit lying around? They can multiple fast and can be difficult to get rid of. I used to bartend and we would occassionally have trouble with them in the spring and late summer.

Oggyflute
04-13-2005, 01:54 AM
I was a bit worried there for a minute Slick. Thought that Trevelle had gotten into deep doodoo, and in a moment of rage......................:o :D

Vette
04-13-2005, 03:24 AM
If i feel something crawling on my face or arms.. i always smack frist and ask questions later.

about the only bug i wont murder is lady bugs. i dont mind them one bit. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-13-2005, 04:56 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20987%20laughingon%20the%20floor.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20987%20laughingon%20the%20floor.gif
OMG, that's a good one!! I know it is not funny having hundreds of fruitflies in the house, but the idea of you KILLING like a maniac, it just cracked me up... Ha ha ha!!

lbaker
04-13-2005, 06:59 AM
You killed TEN out of a thousand in the course of the day and you are worried? I would worry too but not about what dasterdly deed I did, but about the 990 I didn't kill. What if they try to get back? :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Looks like maybe we should get my dust mites together with your fruit flies and send them all out on a slow boat to China! ;) :D

And don't worry, I'm like you and can't kill a thing.....except these teeny tiny little ants that have already invaded the kitchen - ugh! CJ's food bowl was just swarming with them the other day, poor little guy. I'd have diarrhea too if my food was swarming with ants -:p

If they'd only get the idea that one or two is fine and can be dealt with, but when they think they can take over the place, it's time to put your foot down....or in your case, put your fist down. ;) :D

gini
04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Hmm, I don't know - now you have me worried - a murderer is coming to my home in July?:D :D

What? Something is tapping me on the shoulder...........why you little devil you - it's just my conscience again - reminding ME that I am not so innocent either.

Ah, well, it is true - I did "murder" lots and lots of ants in March. I had the same disgusting problem that Debbie had.........it really grosses me out. It looked like an ant convention - and they were all headed to the big buffet.......called cat food.

Ten fruit flies...........well, it is probably written up in the Big Book!:D

Edwina's Secretary
04-13-2005, 11:46 AM
What say you, madame forelady?

Justifiable homicide, your honor.

Case closed.

slick
04-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Just sent two more to the RB........:(

It has been determined that somehow they've hitched a ride with some recently acquired plants. Didn't know fruit flies liked plants.

Debbie/Gini: I can't imagine having a problem with ants.....that would just send me over the edge and if ever found them in my cupboards, I'd turn into a "cereal killer".

Trev: don't worry. Trevelle is still her sweet self and perched on the back of the couch.

RedHedd
04-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by slick
Didn't know fruit flies liked plants. Remember, time flies like fruit flies .... and fruit flies like bananas! :D :rolleyes: :p

lbaker
04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
"I've see a rubber band
....and a peanut stand"
"I've see a house fly
....and a dragon fly"

"Well I done see about everything
........but I never seen an elephant fly"

Now RedHedd has flying bananas playing the flute :confused: :p

*searches pockets for keys to the bar*

RICHARD
04-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
"I've see a rubber band
....and a peanut stand"
"I've see a house fly
....and a dragon fly"

"Well I done see about everything
........but I never seen an elephant fly"

Now RedHedd has flying bananas playing the flute :confused: :p

*searches pockets for keys to the bar*

leave it to Laurie.....:D

Suki Wingy
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
AH MURDURUR!!! :D :D Just kidding, I'm the exact smae way. Funny how all us on PT can be so loving of certain animals, yet afraid of others like smakes, spiders, bugs, etc. even though they didn't do anything to the person scared.