PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Uabassoon
04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
I pretty much already have my mind made up, but I thought I'd ask for opinions anyways. This summer Alexa is going to Lithuania for a month to visit family. I will be taking care of Tuna and Pocky as well as the rats.

Option #1 is to travel over there every day to play with all the animals and maybe spend the night once or twice a week so the cats can cuddle with me at night. I might be able to make two trips a day, but I wouldn't be able to do that every single day.

Option #2 is to take Corkscrew and Tibby over there. I'd set up their cat tree and all of their stuff in the upstairs bedroom. I could give the two sets of cats different times to have free roam of the house. I could also try to introduce them and if it goes well then they can all have free roam of the house all the time.

Corkscrew and Tibby have always been pretty adaptable, I don't think they will be scared of the new environment as long as they are together and I'm there. At least when I've moved in the past I've never had any problems.

Bringing Alexa's pets to my place is NOT an option as my place is way too small. So, what would you do?

sirrahbed
04-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Since Tibby & Corkscrew are pretty easy to adapt - I think I would take them and stay the month at Alexa's house. Not only would it save lots of travel, but everyone would have lots of attention. If anyone gets really upset, you can always go back to the first option.

My 2 cents:)

Plus - as an added bonus - WE get pictures of Tuna and Pocky - well - does Alexa have internet?:eek: I don't know if I could manage without THAT!

Uabassoon
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

Plus - as an added bonus - WE get pictures of Tuna and Pocky - well - does Alexa have internet?:eek: I don't know if I could manage without THAT!

I don't think Alexa could survive without internet! She has high speed cable at her house. So that might make it easier to upload photos!

Laura's Babies
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
With the price of gas now and them being adaptable, I would take them with me and if it don't work out, go back to the other option.

Uabassoon
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm silly sometimes! It never even crossed my mind that if things didn't work out I could just bring Corkscrew and Tibby back home!

kimlovescats
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Convenience says move to Alexa's ... but do you want to still pay rent for your place while living somewhere else? Just a frugal thought! :rolleyes: ;)

Uabassoon
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Convenience says move to Alexa's ... but do you want to still pay rent for your place while living somewhere else? Just a frugal thought! :rolleyes: ;)

Actually it would be cheaper for me to stay at Alexa's since she will be paying all the bills for her place. So if I'm not at my house I won't have a need for my a/c meaning my electric bill will be very cheap.

kimlovescats
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Sounds like you've thought it all out, so go for it!;)
Be sure to take your camera though!!!:D

catcrazylady
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I think staying at Alexa's would be the best bet for all involved. Of course, if Tibby and Corkscrew don't think so then you can always pack them back home. I bet they will get used to it and do just fine. Everybody will probably be best buddies just about the time you have to leave!;) :D :D

catnapper
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I'd say move everything to one home. Trust me, going back and forth twice a day (no matter how close) will get old before the first week is up! I babysat my friends cats before and by day three I was not thrilled to be running over to the other house to watch the kitties when all I wanted to do was relax and chill out for the night.

You mention AC... I remember when I babysat my brother's cat. He always kept his apartment at freezing. I was used to my dad keeping the house at 70 or above. I LOVED going over to babysit that cat because of how cool it was in there. Ahhh... how I remember watchign a movie with a quilt drapped over me and a purring cat in my lap in the middle of our worst heat wave :D Even with the luxury of awesome AC... I was still "over" the excitement by midweek ;)

Uabassoon
04-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted. I was worried that maybe I was being selfish by wanting to bring them here because it is so much easier for me. I think it will be better for Tuna and Pocky if I'm here, but I was a little worried about Corkscrew and Tibby. However they are such easy going cats that I really don't see it as a problem.

Plus Alexa and I have talked about moving in together when she graduates college, so it might be nice to know how all the kitties will get along,

Logan
04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Can you take the rats, too, Laura? I know if you "move" for that time period, you will want everyone with you! Don't you have frog too??? Geez, I'm embarassed that I get so confused about everyone's pets!!! LOL!!!! :o

Uabassoon
04-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Can you take the rats, too, Laura? I know if you "move" for that time period, you will want everyone with you! Don't you have frog too??? Geez, I'm embarassed that I get so confused about everyone's pets!!! LOL!!!! :o

The rats are already at Alexa's so no need for them to move! If they did live with me I would move them for sure! Yes, I have two african dwarf frogs and betta so I will be bringing over the two small tanks.

Logan
04-13-2005, 01:44 PM
I feel better now, Laura!!!! :) Sounds like you have it all figured out!!!! :D