PDA

View Full Version : ok, this is awful!!!

cfuh
04-12-2005, 01:34 PM
My friend just sent me this link http://www.savetoby.com/. It's horrible cause this guy found a bunny and save him but unless he gets 50K, he's going to eat him. =( =( why would someone do such a thing!??!?!?!? :mad:

Welcome,

Toby is the cutest little bunny on the planet. Unfortunately, he will DIE on June 30th, 2005 if you don.t help. I rescued him several months ago. I found him under my porch, soaking wet, injured from what appeared to be an attack from an alley cat. I took him in, thinking he had no chance to live from his injuries, but miraculously, he recovered. I have since spent several months nursing him to health. Toby is a fighter, that.s for sure.

Unfortunately, on June 30th, 2005, Toby will die. I am going to eat him. I am going to take Toby to a butcher to have him slaughter this cute bunny. I will then prepare Toby for a midsummer feast. I have several recipes under consideration, which can be seen, with some pretty graphic images, under the recipe section.

I don’t want to eat Toby, he is my friend, and he has always been the most loving, adorable pet. However, God as my witness, I will devour this little guy unless I receive 50,000$ USD into my account from donations or purchase of merchandise. You can help this poor, helpless bunny’s cause by making donations through my verified PayPal account by clicking on any of the Donate buttons on this site, or by purchasing merchandise at the Savetoby.com online store.

LeahMM
04-12-2005, 01:40 PM
:mad: That's sick.

GraciesMommy
04-12-2005, 01:42 PM
And it is also a hoax

lbaker
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
This is also one of those "Urban Legend" things... "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

cfuh
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM
PHEW!!! I'm relieved!! Thanks and sorry for posting this nonsense!!!

lbaker
04-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Don't worry about it. It fooled lots of people a few weeks ago and now seems to be making a second round. One of my co-workers just got the same thing!

finn's mom
04-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Idle minds are the devil's playground. Isn't that how the saying goes? How sad.

moosmom
04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
They did a piece on the "Save Toby" website last night on Dateline or some other news thing. It isn't a hoax. They spoke with the guy who created the website on the phone. So far he's collected $20,000. Since it's not a crime to eat rabbit, they can't charge him with anything. They ARE however trying to shut the website down. I guess it's infuriated alot of animal rights people.

Small things amuse small mind. This guy needs to get a REAL job instead of trying to screw people out of their hard earned money.

caseysmom
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I saw this on dateline or some news show last night too. This is real and this guy is a sick.

Luvin Labs
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
snopes says its a 'hoax' only because this 'save toby' business has been around for quite some time, I remember hearing about this a long time ago. I'd call it a 'scam' more than a hoax because he's nabbing people of money for something he keeps saying will happen but hasn't (that we know of).

besides, If you try to pay him, it says,
ERROR DETECTED
This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

caseysmom
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Last night they said the "make donation" part of the website is not working but you can still buy things to line their pockets...yes a scam it is.

Orca
04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
I do NOT agree with what he's doing, I think its twisted. But he's smart, look how much money he got.

Oggyflute
04-13-2005, 01:44 AM
A scam run by scum.:mad:

LKPike
04-13-2005, 08:55 AM
didnt he do this 2 years ago with a hamster?? :rolleyes: bored loser