PDA

View Full Version : Pettalk's new look!

tuxluvr
01-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Hey, great new "redecoration" of the Pettalk site! REally beautifully done. This is quite a complex website, yet so easy to use and fun!

michelene
01-15-2002, 07:14 PM
I concur! Now I have no problem figuring out how to start a message. Thank you so much for a major improvement in both visuals and function.

Fuzzy317
01-15-2002, 07:18 PM
At first glance, I like the change. It just may take a day or so to get comfortable with all the changes and find new features. :D

RainbowAndHobbesMom
01-15-2002, 08:05 PM
One word: WOW!!:D I Loooove it~~;)

tuxluvr
01-16-2002, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
...and now for something totally different! :D

Hey, how did Monty Python get in here! :):D

zippy-kat
01-16-2002, 07:48 AM
Hey Ritzie-Kat, check out my make-shift tuxkat avatar! ;)

tuxluvr
01-16-2002, 08:12 AM
Ooooh, Azatar - great look! Get the top hat and spats and we are good to go.

...."What's your favorite color?"
....."Green, no, BLUE....aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAGGGHH"

zippy-kat
01-16-2002, 08:22 AM
Ni! ni! ni! ni! ni! Ni! ni! ni! ni! ni!

Uh-oh, Look what you started, Chuck! lol :p

gini
01-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Who gave Chuck the box of crayons? Geeze, and he has all of the good colors too.

Karen
01-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by gini
Who gave Chuck the box of crayons? Geeze, and he has all of the good colors too.

But Gini!

You can use them, too!

It's when you go to post, the section above where you actually type!

gini
01-16-2002, 11:04 PM
SHUCKS! I saw that new feature Ms. Karen, I was jus tryin ta give Mr. Chuck a hard time!

gini
01-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Is it me, or does Mr. Phred have us all talkin funny? Anyone new to the site must think we are a bunch of idjuts!!:p :p :p

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by gini
... does Mr. Phred have us all talkin funny? :p :p :p
Cinder & Smoke sez: That's spell'd 'Phunnie', Miz Gini. :D

Dad sez it's kuzza us FurKids that ebberbuddie here on Pet Talk talkz in Dawg Talk.
:rolleyes:

tuxluvr
01-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Ooooh, Azatar - great look! Get the top hat and spats and we are good to go.

...."What's your favorite color?"
....."Green, no, BLUE....aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAGGGHH"

OK, I get the doofus of the day award - the AVATAR is the thingy in the margin, I thought it was the name of your cat! :rolleyes:

AmberLee
01-17-2002, 06:28 PM
Dear TuxLuver,

Love your description "Jester in Ritzys Court" and the joke in your signature line. I get a big smile on my face whenever I see one of your posts lately. WELL DONE!

tuxluvr
01-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Thanks Amber! I also like your citizenship standing as "Official Cat Fondler"....I envision you with a metal badge and ID, walking down the lovely SanFrancisco streets picking up every cat along the way and doling out head scratches :D :D:D:D:D

zippy-kat
01-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
OK, I get the doofus of the day award - the AVATAR is the thingy in the margin, I thought it was the name of your cat! :rolleyes:

*heavy sigh* I'm cat-less. :(

"Avatar" is just a stray AV I found who needed someone to luv him & his own lil' space on the web. And how could I say no to a man in a tux? lol

Also in the original post, I think you had Azatar instead of avatar. I think Azatar is a neat-o name! Sounds kinda like sumpin' you'd name a horse... "HI-Ho Azatar...Away!" :p

Seriously, I really do like the name Azatar!! One of these days when I cross another tux-boy and a landlord who will let me have cats...

tuxluvr
01-19-2002, 01:31 PM
Aww Zippy...I think Azatar is a cool name, too. I know what you mean about the tuxedo digs!

I often wondered if I had bred a cat like Ritzy to, say, Spencer-the-Lion's AJ tuxy man if we would have had a house full of little white tuxedo paw pads! I'm a sucker for those little spat-feet!

I'm puttin on my top hat, tie ingon my white tie, dustin off my tails!

Visit and get your tuxedo fix any time!

http://community.webshots.com/user/riztysmom

zippy-kat
01-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Awww Ritzie! You adorable lil' tux kitkat! You are simply mah-ve-leous!

A house full of tuxies? Ahhhh sounds like Heaven!!:D

wayne0214
01-19-2002, 09:51 PM
Zippy kat, I have a beautiful gray and black tabby with aqua-colored eyes. I was thinking about naming him "Zippy Cat" after yours. I hope you don't mind. The name really fits him as he acts hyper most of the time and runs around to do anything. One of the fastest acting cats I have seen. Compared with Bear, it is like watching the "tortoise and the hare"!

.......wayne

zippy-kat
01-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Wayne~

I would be most flattered & honored if you named the kitty Zippy! :o :D

Aqua eyes? Sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see some pics!!!

libracats
01-19-2002, 11:36 PM
Since this is a post about the new look, how did you guys put the pictures on the left under your name? Also some of my kitties pictures in my signature are now red X's.Do I have TOO many kitties :eek:

zippy-kat
01-20-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by libracats
Since this is a post about the new look, how did you guys put the pictures on the left under your name? Also some of my kitties pictures in my signature are now red X's.Do I have TOO many kitties :eek:

Too many kitties? No such thing! lol You can never have enuff cat-itude! ;)

I checked the 'properties' on the pictures with the red Xs. Webshots updated (or did something) awhile back. Perhaps those pictures were affected when they made the change. Try checkin' the address in your sig against that of your webshots album. I know that when webshots updated, most (if not all) picture 'addresses' were changed. Confused yet? lol Maybe our computer techies can explain it better than I.

As for the pictures on the left (called avatars) check out this link:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7729

Once you have your avatar made/chosen:
1) click on User CP located at the top menu
2) click on Edit Options
3) scroll down to the bottom-click on Change Avatar
4) If your avatar is saved on your comp. you can upload from there or enter the URL and have it uploaded that way!

Good luck! Hope that helped!

libracats
01-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Thanks Zippy-Kat

I wanted to put a pic of my kitties in the avatar but cant figure out how to make anything that small(60x60) so I put the cute cat animation. My pictures are all showing up now in my signature:)

zippy-kat
01-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Hi libra!

Glad that helped you!

The first and fourth kitkat in your sig. still isn't pulling up for me. I checked the address in the sig with the address of the pic. in your webshots album...I dunno what's wrong! :confused:

Maybe webshots will have it fixed in a few days...

By the way, GORGEOUS furkids!!!!

wayne0214
01-20-2002, 07:31 AM
Hey, thanks Zippykat. From now on he will be known as "Zippy Cat". He is also the first vividly colored tabby with aqua eyes, that I have seen.

............wayne:)

Ila
01-20-2002, 01:50 PM
This is great new look it will take a few times to get comfortable but I think I will get to really like it.:)