PDA

View Full Version : Training dude

slleipnir
04-11-2005, 09:28 PM
I went to see this guy who I'm getting help for Jo. He is suppose to be a great trainer. He works one on one with you and your dog. The first session is training for YOU, so you understand your dogs behavior and what things work etc. The next ones are obedience like, but will teach your dog to listen to YOU and ignore everything else. IE, Josie must mind her business around other dogs. She doesn't need to like them, but she has to be good.

It's REALLY expensive. It's like $400 bucks for 6 lessons, he he said you get tested on it, and if she isn't doing what he said she should be, then he gives me free lessons till she does it, so I think that's great. Most places are big classes, and if your dog still isn't what you expected well too bad. I'm quite excited! I hope she'll learn good. I think there are gonna be some changes but I guess it's all for the best (IE, no sleeping on my bed!! :(:() I can't picture Josie being as SUPER well behaved as his dog. He said she can, I just need to work 15 mins with her twice a day...plus, I can use what I learn on Zeke ^__^

anna_66
04-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Well it sounds great and I really hope it works for Josie (even though I can't imagine her being bad in any way;) ).
You'll have to keep us utd on how it's all going, maybe even give us a few tips:D
Good Luck!

bckrazy
04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
aww, good luck! I'm sure Josie will do really, really well with that! $400 is a lot though :eek:!! We went through 6 months of OB, which is basically enough time for any dog to get to a good level, of small classes for $200. He sounds like he really knows what he's doing, though :)

jenfer
04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
that sounds great. maybe you will be expert after the sessions and you can teach ME. :o