PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Suki Wingy
04-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Chica's happy thread made me remember this, and I didn't want to ruin her thread with this descussion.
Every summer I spend my allowance mostly all at Walgreen's and petsmart. I call myself a walgreen's junkie, because I hang out there and buy cheap crap for me and Ni単o that we both don't need.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyway, Ni単o always waits outside, tied to a garbage can. A few times an annoying lady came in holding her bichon (who whined and barked once) and actually asked for help. They helped her and said nothing about the dog. She has come in with him twice since. Once last winter when it was about 20 degrees outside I came in and asked if I could tie Ni単o up in a small, out of the way corner by the door for about five minutes while I grabbed something and the guy went to check with the manager (who is friends with my step-dad) and came back and told me no. He asked me to please notbring him so close to the automatic sliding doors. (because he had his head inside the store while I was asking for permission)
What do you think about this??

Tweety_Pie
04-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I think if one dog, no matter what the size is aloud in, then all dogs should be aloud in. If you ever run into that situation again, I would bring up how they said no to you when you asked, and didn't say anything to the lady with the bichon.

Chica
04-11-2005, 07:07 PM
IT IS NOT RIGHT TO LET SOME DOGS IN WALGREENS AND NOT OTHER DOGS. BUT WALGREENS HAS FOOD AND CANDY ETC. SO I THINK THE LAW REQUIRES THAT NO PETS AROUND FOOD. :rolleyes: I CAN'T TAKE CHICA TO STORES THAT HAVE FOOD FOR SALE INSIDE. EXAMPLE: YESTERDAY I TOOK CHICA TO AN INDOOR SWAPMEET. I PUT HER IN A BIG DOG PURSE AND CARRY THE PURSE OVER MY ONE SHOULDER. THEY SELL FOOD INSIDE ALSO.I WAS HOPING THEY WOULDN'T KICK ME OUT, BUT THEY DID. :( THEY SAID NO ANIMALS ALLOWED BECAUSE OF FOOD SALES.:rolleyes: SO I LEFT. I AM FINDING OUT THAT THERE ARE SOME PLACES I CAN'T TAKE HER. I CAN TAKE HER TO OSH HARDWARE STORE, HOME DEPO. ;) THERE ARE OUTDOOR SWAP MEETS I HAVEN'T TRIED YET, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF CHICA IS ALLOWED UNTIL I TRY. I MIGHT GET KICKED OUT AGAIN. WE WILL SEE.:rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
04-11-2005, 07:10 PM
This isn't really an answer to your question Suki Wingy, but it did remind me of something. Peaches and I used to walk up to the 7-11 for a paper on Sunday mornings. I would tie her up to a post where I could keep an eye on her and run in to grab the paper and a jerky treat for her. One Sunday it was snowing, and the owner/manager was coming out to clear off the pavement as we were walking up, and he held the door open and said I could take her in with me. I thought that was extremely nice of him. :)

Suki Wingy
04-11-2005, 07:20 PM
that was nice of him! We get slim jims daily too.;)

Uabassoon
04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Honestly no, it's not right right. But I'll admit I do the same thing too. Where I work pets are not allowed inside because it is a health code violation. Every so often someone will come in carrying a small dog, usually I don't say anything because I don't want to deal with a customer fighting with me. You know "EVERYONE else lets me bring him here, no one has ever gotten upset about it before". So I figure they will be in and out within 5 minutes so it just isn't worth the trouble. However if it were a large dog on a leash I would say something. Why? Because I'd have to deal with many customers quickly running up to complain about the large dog in the store. I know I would have customers yelling that they would call the health inspectors. But a small dog is often unnoticed so I just choose to ignore it. However if someone were to sit down at a table with their dog I would tell them to go outside.

king2005
04-11-2005, 11:06 PM
With my old job, this depressed lady took liking to me & learned that I like dogs. So she brought her 30 pound dog into the store (carring her) & set her on my counter while I patted her & chatted with the lady.

We sell meds & foods, so pets are a no no & the mall doesn't allow pets inside either.

Bet we made an exception for her because she was about to loose the only family member she had left (a friend). And she only brought the dog to my counter & it made her sooo happy.

And at my newer job, this guy brought in his new baby toy doxie (I don't know the real name), but dang was Fred ever tiny. I could hold him in 1 hand. The owner put Fred on the counter for me to play with while he did some shopping. Fred was hyper for such a tiny thing. And her was sooooo cute. I didn't want to give him back :D