PDA

View Full Version : Movie To See!!!

Chica
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
THE MOVIE I SAW LAST WEEKEND WAS BEAUTY SHOP/ WITH QUEEN LATIFA, ;) AND KEVIN BACON. SHE PRODUCED IT AND STARED IN IT, AND I BELIEVE SHE DIRECTED IT. :) A LOT OF LAUGHS AND INTERATIAL COMEDY TOO! I AM INTO COMEDY MOVIES RATHER THAN SAD ONES. :D IT REALLY LIFTS MY SPIRITS.:)

WHAT MOVIES DO YOU SUGGEST TO SEE? ]

Lexi_Lover
04-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Ms.Congeniality 2 :D (spl?)

chrissycat21
04-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Ms.Congeniality 2 :D (spl?)

That was a great movie! :)

I'll have to go see Beauty Shop soon!

Chica
04-11-2005, 06:57 PM
MISS CONGENIALITY 2, WAS THAT GOOD? I SAW THE FIRST ONE AND LIKED IT!!! :) I PLAN ON SEEING THAT ONE TOO. CAN'T WAIT. I GUESS I AM A MOVIE BUFF!! :cool:

binka_nugget
04-12-2005, 02:13 AM
GREAT MOVIE! I loved it!

The most recent ones I've seen are Beauty Shop, Sahara, Guess Who, Ms Congeniality 2, Fever Pitch and Hostage. I really enjoyed Hostage and Guess Who. Fever Pitch was kinda boring.. didn't like it.

I'm seeing SinCity tomorrow. I've heard it's good. Can't wait!

LKPike
04-12-2005, 08:21 AM
I can't wait to see Grudge 2, I also recommend getting japanese version Ringu and the american version The Ring, Saw's acting sucked to no end but the plot was *incredible* God I wish theyd used better actors!!! :(:(:(

ramanth
04-12-2005, 08:28 AM
The last movie I've seen is Sin City. I enjoyed it but I realize it's not for everyone. :)

finn's mom
04-12-2005, 12:34 PM
"Million Dollar Baby" was awesome. I agree with the comment about "saw." Great story, terrible acting. I can't wait to see "sin city."

Toby's my baby
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
The Notebook... LOVE IT!!!

If you like really stupid movies... (no offence to the people who like this movie) "Dodgeball" (we watched it in school, really weird...)

Orca
04-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Its not in theaters any more, but I saw the movie "Kinsey" at school and it was awesome!! I can't wait to own it! :D

I do want to see "Million Dollar Baby" - it looks great.

shutterbug0303
04-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Orca
Its not in theaters any more, but I saw the movie "Kinsey" at school and it was awesome!! I can't wait to own it! :D

I went with my friend to the theatre to see this. We didn't know what it was about...but couldn't find anything else and thought the title was "different"....

Boy were we surprised!!!! :eek: lol I would have never expected that was what the movie was about! ;)

Orca
04-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
I went with my friend to the theatre to see this. We didn't know what it was about...but couldn't find anything else and thought the title was "different"....

Boy were we surprised!!!! :eek: lol I would have never expected that was what the movie was about! ;)
LOL! Yeah, I bet you were shocked :D Its one of those movies where you should know what the plot line is ahead of time.

Chica
04-14-2005, 08:32 AM
I saw million dollar baby, good acting, but it made me cry !!! boohoo! :(

WHAT IS SIN CITY ABOUT? IS IT GOOD?:)

finn's mom
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Chica
I saw million dollar baby, good acting, but it made me cry !!! boohoo! :(

Yeah, I loved Million Dollar Baby, I cried, too! I wasn't expecting it to be like that at all. I haven't seen Sin City, but, it's supposed to be really cool. Finding Neverland is a wonderful film, too. I cried super hard at that movie.

binka_nugget
04-14-2005, 10:08 AM

It's based on Frank Miller's comic books. It's AMAZING! I've found that it's one of those movies that people either hate or love, no in betweens. Lots of violence though.. but the graphics were incredible. And if you've seen the comic books, you'll appreciate it even more.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-14-2005, 12:02 PM

I didn't see it, and don't want to. My husband and some friends went to see it. He said the graphics were awesome. The movie wasn't suppose to be funny, but he laughed through the whole thing because it was so corny.

Originally posted by binka_nugget
And if you've seen the comic books, you'll appreciate it even more.

actually that's one of the reasons they hated it. They all loved the comic books and said that they did a poor job at turning it into a movie. They said if they hadn't known how great the comic books are they may have enjoyed the movie a little more. Instead they were constantly comparing the movie to the books and they were very disappointed in the outcome of the movie.

You're right, I guess you either love it or hate it.

carole
04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I have not been to the movies in ages, but my daughter is the movie buff here, she saw Hitch recently and enjoyed that, I have heard Sin city and Beauty Shop are both good, here and elsewhere, has anyone seen Robots? or the Boogeyman, which was filmed in NZ with mainly NZ actors, one doing an apalling american accent, shame on her.

:(

binka_nugget
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by carole
has anyone seen Robots?

Yup. It was entertaining and I had my share of laughs. Wasn't outstanding but it wasn't bad either.

I'm a pretty big movie buff. :p

wolfsoul
04-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Amityville Horror comes out on Friday. I can't wait to see that! It's even based on a true story.

I want to see House of Wax too. It looks funny lol.

Chica
04-14-2005, 06:51 PM
OH YEAH!NEVERLAND WAS VERY GOOD, AND I CRIED TOO!!! :(

CathyBogart
04-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Hitch!! I thought it was adorable!

I liked Robots too, though it didn't blow me away it was a good flick.