PDA

View Full Version : Update on Brittany!

luckies4me
04-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Well I found out today why they are placing her. I thought they just didn't want her, but Kent sent me a message today explaining more. Here is what he said:

"No, we're in Eugene. I thought I put it in the Eugene section.
Anyway, we have to get rid of her because my wife came down with
multiple
sclerosis and can't really take her for walks anymore. Which in turn
makes
her feel stressed, which in turn is even worse for her MS.

So, there's no huge hurry to place her, but now that we've planned on
doing
it, we'd rather not wait forever looking at her and missing her.

We'll be back in Eugene on Saturday if you're still interested. You
could
bring your dog over and see if they're friendly together. "

I feel REALLY bad for this family. I wrote back and told them that if they really wanted to keep her I wouldn't mind coming over to take her to the dog park, or for a walk for them. I know how hard it is to place a pet, and I can only imagine what they are going through right now with his wife's illness. :( I'm waiting to hear back from them, and if they choose to still place her we will meet with them next Saturday to see if Freckles and her get along. It's hard to tell with Freckles, because she is always so HYPER, and tends to annoy most dogs, so please wish us luck. If this doesn't work out I think we'd be better off adopting a puppy from the shelter.

Oggyflute
04-11-2005, 11:35 PM
I really hope it works out for you mate, and that was a great offer to walk her too. :)

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 01:33 AM
ohhh...a sad reason. really, really thoughtful of you offering them(her) to walk TH/EIR dog. okay, I wish you a superb luck for either! ((brittany))

petslover
04-12-2005, 07:09 AM
You were so nice for asking to take it on walks. that was generous of you. Good Luck with everything.