PDA

View Full Version : Why did the turtle cross the road.....?

Pit Chick
04-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I have no idea, but they just won't stop. This weekend we found 3 red eared sliders on 3 different days Fri, Sat, Sun, in 3 different places trying to cross busy roads. Unfortunately the one we found Friday had already been run over and from the looks of it had been sitting there in the sun all day. It's shell was busted and it had lost a lot of blood. We took it to the wildlife rehab, but they didn't seem too optamistic about it being saved. The other one was about to be run over if I hadn't stopped the car and started running down the road trying to stop traffic. I can only imagine what the drivers coming at me were thinking. :rolleyes: :o Oh well. The other two were safely relocated to a nearby pond and bayou.

So for those of you in Southeast Texas, be on the look out for turtles crossing the roads. Stop and give them a hand getting across or give them a ride to a body of water.

Suki Wingy
04-11-2005, 05:27 PM
You found red eared sliders?! I'm glad the other two are safe now.

sandragonfly
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
red sliders or eareds are very pretty ones! sometimes I'm SO fourantely to have someone out there like you saving animals!! this morning on way to school, I saw a dead...buck :( :( P E O P L E are SO HEARTLESS! ! ! >:|