PDA

View Full Version : We're making progress...

NoahsMommy
01-15-2002, 01:31 PM
So, we gave Noah and Noel their monthly baths on Sunday. (Poor things!) They are tolerating them quite well. Noel dried off on our bed spread (!!!). Daddy decided it was cute and covered her up...We have a white bed spread, so it wasn't very cute to me! :rolleyes:

Anyway, later that night, Noah was sleeping on the couch and Noel curled up against his chest. It was so cute! They cuddled that way for about an hour! I am so happy about this progress with them!! :D

thelmalu99
01-15-2002, 04:51 PM
That's so great! I wish I could have seen little Noel cuddled against her big brother. That must have been the cutest thing!

AmberLee
01-15-2002, 05:25 PM
So glad to hear they are starting to bond.

Congratulations!

catwoman
01-15-2002, 05:53 PM
That's GREAT NEWS! How sweet they must have looked together! :) :)

wayne0214
01-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Noah's Mommy, how does your furkids take to water baths? I woud not try that with my feline family!:) I use to give Snow Cat a bath once every two weeks or so, last summer, mostly for fleas. But even as a kitten then he got too big and resistant to put up with that, so I had to come up with another method of keeping him clean.

Speaking of Snow Cat and cuddling, he has for the past few nights, climbed into the bed -and under the covers, sometime during the night! Often, when I wake up early in the morning, there he is cuddled next to me, with about 5 other furkids on the bed blankets. I have never know a cat to be that intimate.:D

(how does everyone like the new site? I think it is much better than the old system.)

NoahsMommy
01-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi Wayne, Noah tolerates his baths, he doesn't seem to mind them until he had to dry off. (We turn the heater on and wear tanktops and shorts...) He'll even wait sitting on the toilet while Noel takes her bath and be ready for his turn. He doesn't try to jump out either. (We've been giving him baths monthly sinse we got him when we was 8 weeks old.)

Noel doesn't tolerate her baths as well, but I think it is more of a personality thing. She is much less laid back than Noah is. She deals with bathtime, and she doesn't try to get out either... I think the worst part for both of them is the drying time. You know...mommy chasing them around with a brush and her blowdryer (set on low of course). :D

Thelmalu & Catwoman, yes, it was too cute!! They even snuggled closer to each other! I wish I had film in my camera!

Yes! I LOVE the new site!! So much fun playing with all the colors and stuff! :)

yorkster
01-18-2002, 12:44 AM
When I had a male and female cat together, they never did get cuddely with each other. My boy kitty wanted to, but she wanted no part of it. However, they did have a pretty good friendship otherwise.
I have 2 boys now and they are pratically joined at the hip (except when the youngin' irratates his older brother, which is a few times a day, then there is a bit of hissing and swatting) Then the next thing you know, they are grooming each other! :rolleyes: :) :cool: :rolleyes: :D

treybabe
01-20-2002, 11:59 PM
a few months ago my cat Trey was so obese she couldn't reach her hind quarter so we faithfully bathed her every week and used baby wipes every day to help her out. after a while she became much more okay with it but never liked it. now a special prescription has let her lose enough to be able to clean herself. we are still good friends too. yes :( :o :) :) :)