PDA

View Full Version : I Know My Friends Here Can Help....

mina'smomma
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
I seem to have adopted a cat with a love for water. I'm constantly having to tell Kasie not to play in the water dish and to get out of the toilet. Yes I'm telling you correct. I have a carpeted kitchen and she is forever splashing water on floor. What is worse is she is now getting Mina to do the same thing!!!?????:eek:

Any advice on how to handle this adorable heathen's habit.??:confused:

catmandu
04-11-2005, 08:32 AM
That is a tough one,as Cats do drink,a lot of water.Getting her,not to play,in the water,is going,to be hard.I wouls close,the toilet lid,and that will solve that!As ,for the water dish,I dont know.Thank God,none,of the Found Cats,use the Toilet.NONE! They are so well trained!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1011.jpg

QueenScoopalot
04-11-2005, 08:35 AM
We have two large dogs with 'drinking problems', and a few misc. cats that love splashing water everywhere with their feet. :rolleyes: It got to the point that the tiles in the kitchen were coming up, and mildewing underneath. When I put down new tiles, I bought a large plastic storage bin (not deep, but long) and now I put the water bowls in that. ;) It catches the ropes of water that stream off the doggie lips, and satisfys the cats play time as well without soaking the floor. :D

catcrazylady
04-11-2005, 08:43 AM
My advice....Sit back and laugh?;) Just kidding!:D

I have a couple of water nuts here too. I have yet to figure out how to stop them. I just keep mopping it up! Pepper Jack loves to attack the water fountain we have. It's a big game to him and I can't get him to stop.
As for the toilet, I just leave the lid up and let them have at it!:D

I was of NO help what-so-ever was I?:p Maybe someone else can help because I have no idea of what to tell you.

sirrahbed
04-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Until the drinking problem gets as bad as GSA's, a thick towel under the bowls will help.

Dylan does not play in water - but he drinks it out of his paws!! That makes a fine mess too.:D

The container under the bowls sounds like a good one. I think I would look for something like a plastic tray - the kind you put galsses on to serve? That, plus a towel - might help Kasie's drinking problem:)

Laura's Babies
04-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Rie Rie's Annie plays in the water bowl, just splashes it everywhere. I posted a picture of her on here with the water all over the floor some time back... Rie just mops it up and goes on.....

mina'smomma
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Until the drinking problem gets as bad as GSA's, a thick towel under the bowls will help.

Dylan does not play in water - but he drinks it out of his paws!! That makes a fine mess too.:D

The container under the bowls sounds like a good one. I think I would look for something like a plastic tray - the kind you put galsses on to serve? That, plus a towel - might help Kasie's drinking problem:)

Tried the plastic tray, and her aim exceeds that. I end up with a tray full of water and a pond soaked into my kitchen carpet. LOL Might try QSA's idea of the storage container.

K & L
04-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Keep the toilet lids closed and can you move the water in a non-carpeted area?

Uniqueviking
04-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry, but LOL. I have 3 water cats. Boomer just likes to watch when I'm in the shower and walk around on the wet floor or sit in the sink, but Bownie and Brynja splash in anything containing water. Pots, their Petmate fountain, the fish tank (when I'm changing the water)...even the drain in the bathroom. Brynja, that little brat, figured out how to get the cover lifted and off :rolleyes: I also have carpets all over and I my solution is just to sigh and clean up the mess http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-001.gif

mina'smomma
04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Keep the toilet lids closed and can you move the water in a non-carpeted area?

Wish I could, but my whole house is carpted except the a little bit of the bathroom.:rolleyes: I hate it.

christa
04-11-2005, 01:14 PM
LOL . . . I'm having the same problem. Actually, Brodie was dumping his water bowl ever night . . .

So I ordered this:

http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg3.asp?P=43&G=169&Kwd=cat&Item=290049-6EPC&Page=1

It's on backorder until the end of April though. :rolleyes:

So after I ordered it and found out it was on backorder, Brodie decides that he's over that "phase" of his life and leaves the bowls alone.

Ah well, it'll make a nice piece of cat funiture if it ever gets here!

There's really not much else you can do ~ they seem to grow out of it.

Maybe give them access to a better water source . . . like the shower. Brodie takes showers with me every day. Doesn't get completely wet, but he loves standing on the side and letting the water hit his head!

And about the toilet bowl . . . it's a RULE in our house . . . PUT THE SEAT DOWN!!!

;)

kimlovescats
04-11-2005, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by christa
[B]LOL . . . I'm having the same problem. Actually, Brodie was dumping his water bowl ever night . . .

So I ordered this:

http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg3.asp?P=43&G=169&Kwd=cat&Item=290049-6EPC&Page=1

That's very cute, let us know if it really helps the problem!;)

RICHARD
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't think stealing is the answer, but a large cafeteria type tray can help you cut down on the water that gets spilled on the floor.;)