PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO ticked off!

Kfamr
04-10-2005, 09:41 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
I've been itching and itching tonight. I have red bumps on my arms. I was wondering what the heck it was.. so I checked the dogs. I didn't find anything on the girls, but I found a flea on Simba.

&$#&$#&$&#%&ING FLEAS!! I'm so freaking sick of this stupid state and it's stupid fleas. My dogs haven't had fleas in YEARS! Where in the heck did they come from!?!?! I swear. I haven't had to deal with fleas in forever... I think the last time was around 2003 when Buddy kept coming into our yard. Now, they're biting me like crazy and I find one on Simba.

Tomorrow we're going to try some of the natural remedies, and if they don't work we're off to spend an arm and a leg on frontline or advantage. :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm SO pissed off. :mad:

Shelteez2
04-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Just a hint so you don't have to spend as much.....get a dose for a dog that is the same as what all 3 of your dogs weigh. Then you can split the dose yourself, it's cheaper that way.

That's what I do with my shelties. I get the dose for a 50 pound dog and split it in half.

Tweety_Pie
04-10-2005, 09:44 PM
aww, fleas suck. I remember when Honey got them.. they were all over!!:mad::eek: I hope you can gte rid of those little buggers soon!

CagneyDog
04-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh no :( What a pain! I hope you can get rid of them!

wolf_Q
04-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Ahh that really sucks! What did the red bumps on your arms look like...how big? I have some on me too that have been itching me but I thought they were mosquito bites.

Do you think one of the dogs could have picked them up at the dog beach or something?

sammy101
04-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Kodie got them really bad last summer.i only got bites on my legs though.theyre really small red dots that are itchy:mad: ughk i hated it.i have a scar on my arm from last summer when a flea bit me..yuck.We had to buy the expensive frontline stuff and they went away.You can buy those pills that kill fleas in 30 minutes.My vet has those,and you can buy it off Petmeds.its only around $30,and get like 12 doses.
They most likely picked up the fleas from outside or from other dogs.

K9karen
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Sand fleas maybe? I was bitten to shreds on a Caribbean island (lots of feral cats too) and it lasted for weeks. Cody had a flea once, gotten from the vet's office, so far, Klo, zero. I bite the bullet and use Frontline. Hate the smell and effort it takes to squirt in ON her. If the world came to an end, only fleas, ticks and cockroaches would survive, I'll bet. Gessh, and you have 3 to worry about. I hope you solve the problem quickly

K9karen
04-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey Amy! Could THAT be what's wrong with Nebo's eye? A flea bite?????

bckrazy
04-11-2005, 12:33 AM
:( aww, fleas are so gross. I use Frontline, it doesn't smell NEAR as strong/bad as Advantage and it has worked better. Gonzo has never had one flea/tick, and I hope he never does!! Thats the worst! :o good luck, I hope the herbal remedies work. . if not, Frontline is only about $30 a pack, and you could apply one to each dog which lasts 3 months.

pitc9
04-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I use Revolution, it covers fleas, ticks, ear mites, sarcoptic mange, and heartworm, my pups have never had fleas.

I found a cheap place on line for it too! (other flea meds also)
www.petshed.com

LKPike
04-11-2005, 10:09 AM
the spotties understand your pain! on our run yesterday we wanted to play in the creek, I happened to look down at the beach and there were THOUSANDS of those little b@astards hopping around!!! Found one on Frankie this morning, so everybody had to get flea "shtuff" dumped on their pretty coats between the shoulders. :( :( :(

dukedogsmom
04-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I use Revolution, too. It's the best!

sammy101
04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
if not, Frontline is only about $30 a pack, and you could apply one to each dog which lasts 3 months.

only $30!:eek: For Kodies size its like $80!!thats why we wont use it.so darn expensive.my mom doesnt want to order them online though.So he's not on anything right now for fleas,and Lucys on sentinal

KYS
04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Ummm! Me thinks that Simba needs a jump in his new
pool. :D

"I hate those nasty little buggers too"

chocolatepuppy
04-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Your pups didn't have fleas and you don't use anything, in Florida? :eek: We have to use flea meds at least 1/2 of the year here in Ohio! Luckily we haven't had problems with ticks but our neighbors have. Our dogs don't wander in to the wooded areas like their dogs do.