PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make . . .

christa
04-10-2005, 08:50 PM
I would like to introduce you all to my 3 other babies . . .

Yes, you heard me right . . . I have 3 other furbabies.

Before everyone goes ballistic on me for keeping this hush hush, let me explain . . . when I got married in 2003, I left home, moved to "the city" . . . there was no way I would even consider moving them away from the farm that they'd always lived on. Plus, we moved into a small townhouse & it just wasn't even an option. My parents love them to death . . . and I do visit when I can.

Two collies & one calico cat . . . they're all outside all the time . . . and they love each other so much! They sleep together every night!

Thought it was time that I properly introduce the three of them.

First is Abby. We got her as a puppy in 1995. I can hardly believe that she's 10 years old! She has been such a GREAT dog! She is a purebred collie and she is such a sweetheart! She cares about nothing else except getting attention & getting treats!

Abby:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p75165d704a30fa9aec774e78fa5532ec/f4831a11.jpg

Next we have Maggie . . . My Mags . . . we got her also as a puppy in 2002, the summer before I got married. She will be 3 years old this summer and she's just now calming down. She has been very high strung, but we all love her so much and can't imagine not having her! She's so much fun! Also a purebreed, I just love her coat!

Maggie:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pb2c1079345b3a2bad079b990e2f85e6a/f4831a19.jpg

This is one of Maggie's baby pics. She was so goofy, but so adorable!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p71bbde23d3e0918ae3ad4963c57835f6/f4831a17.jpg

Another from when Mag was a pup . . . she copied everything that Abby did! BTW, these two are AVID Turtle Hunters! LOL
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p093b7234f2bab113ca84e851757626e2/f4831a0e.jpg

And now for Callie . . . my calico kitty . . . I got her as a kitten when I was in the 8th grade! So she's about 10 years old. She has been the best cat! She has always been an outside cat, but she stays close to Abby & Maggie, so she's been heavily protected!!! She is a sweet, dainty little thing and I do miss her so much! I would love to have her here, but after 10 years of being outside, I don't think she could make the transition. And I'd hate to take her away from the place she seems to love.

Callie:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pfe1c83681dfd89849263719930db0b71/f4831a1a.jpg

Well, that's all of the skeletons in my closet, LOL . . . I've been meaning to make these introductions for awhile . . . I will always consider them my babies, even if they had to stay with my parents.

I'll try to take & post pics of them more often . . . I just always seem to forget my camera when I go home.

So what do you think? Forgive me for holding out??? ;)

kimlovescats
04-10-2005, 08:54 PM
I think they are incredible!!!! I love Collies ... always have, and I do have a Sheltie myself! ;) Callie is GORGEOUS!!! Oh my gosh, she is beautiful! Looks like she has a happy, fulfilled farm life ... I agree that she is where she needs to be! No problems to me ... that is their home ... you can't take everything with you when you grow up!!! (just the love for your family / pets / home);) :)

Kim

Grace
04-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Of course they all need to stay together - their coloring is so much alike!!

Gorgeous animals - you're so fortunate to have pets here, and there - :)

Soapets
04-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm sure they are much happier where they are than they would be if you had moved them with you. They need that outdoor farm life once they are accustomed to it. I envy them!;) Your leaving them there just shows that you love them enough to do what is best for them. Keep the pictures coming, though.

manda_moo87
04-11-2005, 12:48 AM
OMGosh!!!

I LOVE your Collies, they are breath taking! Collies have always been my favorite breed and I'm planning on getting one down the line. Callie is beautiful also, thank you for sharing them with us!

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2005, 12:48 AM
They're all so gorgeous.:D I'm sure that they're also much happier where they are and you can always go visit them. I look forward to seeing more pictures of them in the future.:)

Jayna78
04-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Totally understandable! :) I love collies - those two are just beautiful! :) I had one growing up - she was a country dog - her name was Lady, and she was that red and white color - she was the best family dog. She lived a long life and died at the age of 16 or so in 2000. It was hard to leave her, and my two fish, when I left for college in fall of 1996 - I would always enjoy visiting with the animals at home when I visited! :) Lady passed away during my winter break - senior year - I had only a few days left before I left for the spring semester, and I was so sad when she died, but it's like she was waiting for all of us to be there in her final hours. She was great. :)

Your parents' cat Callie is also beautiful. I'm glad she has those nice protective collies to look after her. It's amazing how once animals get accustomed to a certain way of life it's difficult to get them used to anything else. Those animals all seem very happy! My parents animals sure are - I love visiting with their Golden Retriever Sam & their two cats Smoky & Belle when I visit. :)

catcrazylady
04-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Aren't you the sneaky one? All this time you have been hiding three gorgeous creatures from PT!:eek:

The collies are simply BEAUTIFUL! I have always loved collies. They have such gorgeous coats and their personalities always seem so friendly and gentle.

Callie is soooooooooo pretty!!! I love her markings and long hair. She is awesome!!

As far as you leaving them on the farm I think that is the right thing to do. It's obvious they are well taken care of and loved. They're happy so everybody should be happy!
:D :D :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Aw Christa, those dogs and cat are all gorgeous!! It must have been so hard for you to leave them with your parents when you got married...:( !! . I understand why you had to!!
I love the collies, wow, they have a great coloring!! Of course, being a cat-person, Callie is my absolute favorite ;) She has a LOVELY fur!! More pics, please!! (that's an order :D )

catmandu
04-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Two two Dogs,are such Friends,like the Two Dogs,in the Old Warners Bros.Cartoons,of years ago.And that is a Big Furry Calico Cat,with fabulous markings!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1017.jpg

christa
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the nice things you say ;)

I PROMISE to post more pics when I can. :)

christa
04-11-2005, 05:16 PM
BTW, Jayna, I also had a collie named Lady when I was little! She was actually a border collie. When we got Abby, Lady was an OLD LADY and Abby aggrevated her to death! But having a pup around really brought out her youth! I wish I had a pic of her too to post . . . she's been gone to the RB for years . . .

Palomino21
04-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh my goodness, I love the Collies. Reminds me of Lassie. :-) Your calico is pretty. I bet they are really happy outdoors too. It's okay, we all understand, I am sure your parents couldn't part with them either. :-)

Laura's Babies
04-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I saw this earlier and thought I posted here! Those collies are awesome! Simply stunning! It would be every kids dream to have a beauty like those to grow up with.

Callie, you have GOT to post more of her, she looks really beautiful but I couldn't really tell, I need to see more pictures before I can make a accurate judgement on that, something like 4 or 5 might do..........:D

I don't blame you for leaving them where they grew up. They might not have done well somewhere else and those dogs need to room and freedom to run and roam.. That was a wise choice to make for them.

christa
04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Callie, you have GOT to post more of her, she looks really beautiful but I couldn't really tell, I need to see more pictures before I can make a accurate judgement on that, something like 4 or 5 might do..........:D

I don't blame you for leaving them where they grew up. They might not have done well somewhere else and those dogs need to room and freedom to run and roam.. That was a wise choice to make for them.

Thanks. ;)

I will TRY to get more pics of Callie, LOL . . . she's "camera shy" though!

And as far as the dogs needing to run . . . geez, do they ever! Maggie especially LOVES to run . . . when she gets out of her pin, she runs like the wind! My parents have a pretty decent amount of land, and she takes full advantage!

My parents also take them on fourwheeler rides . . . of course the dogs don't ride, they run, LOL . . . but the funniest thing is, a lot of times, Callie goes along! And they ride a long ways!

If it looks like a collie & acts like a collie . . . is it a collie? Or a Callie???

LOL

chocolatepuppy
04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Your collies are beautiful! I love collies. And so is Callie! :)

jesse_3
04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
That is perfectly fine about keeping them hidden! It was very generous of you to think of them like that instead of thinking of yourself! They are all absoloutely GORGEOUS! I love them so much! When you get a chance, post more pics! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3
That is perfectly fine about keeping them hidden! It was very generous of you to think of them like that instead of thinking of yourself!

You couldn't have said it better, Jesse!
Cannot wait for more pics ;) :D ;)