PDA

View Full Version : Disney update and video :)

jazzcat
04-10-2005, 07:46 PM
It's been a rocky past week with poor Disney. Last weekend was horrible. I guess because I've been trying so hard to find something that she would eat I caused some stomach problems. Poor girl had diarrhea all over the bathroom floor Sunday morning plus some peeing accidents. Then Tuesday I gave her an Advantage treatment and it made her sick and weak. I felt so bad but it had never made her sick before. Her arthirtis seemed much worse and for the first half of the week she seemed like she didn't know who or what most things were. I felt for sure we were at the end. Then she began feeling better on Thursday and has been accident free for several days, eating well and even a little active. She has even been wagging her tail today for the first time in weeks. This weekend has been good and she's really enjoyed the warm weather.

Here's a video of her responding to her name and wagging her tail - a wonderful site! BTW, she looks a little different because I cut the hair on her head and face. She was getting food all in her long beard and ears. She needs a full body cut but I dread putting her through the stress of going to the groomers.

Ginger's Mom
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I am so glad you updated us. I have been thinking about Disney since Thursday and was wondering how she is doing. Poor baby girl. It is hard when they have to go through so much. The video looks great, and she certainly seems to like she knows what is going on. She is such a cute little girl.

Have you found a food that she will eat that doesn't make her sick?

micki76
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Lori, that video just brings tears to my eyes. What a sweet, sweet sight. :) I'm glad she's having a good weekend. Hang in there.

Also, I think her haircut is C U T E, cute! :D

chocolatepuppy
04-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm glad to see Disney feeling so good. She's such a sweetie! :)

PJ's Mom
04-10-2005, 10:35 PM
What a sweet baby girl. I'm so glad she's feeling better and I'm even more glad you posted this video for us. It's the first video I've saved to my hard drive so I can watch it anytime I want. ;)

Hugs to sweet Disney. :)

Oggyflute
04-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Disney is looking real good, as cute as ever.:)

ChrisH
04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Aw, just look at the pretty girl. :)
It's rare that I look at videos (so slow computer) but I just had to look at this one of sweet Disney. Saved it too.

Big Hugs to you both.
Chris

RobiLee
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Hello Disney! Awww, it is so good to see. I love the video. I'm glad to hear that you are doing a little better.

Thanks for sharing that video with us.

Robin :)

jazzcat
04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Thank you all so much. It really helps to know you have support.

Ginger's mom - I've been sticking with canned chicken and rice mixed with her regular dry arthritis food and a little water all heated. She seems to like it and no stomach upset. We found out the hard way that anything beef in a can causes problems but chicken is good.

aly
04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
AWWW! Sweet Disney is looking great! Her haircut is adorable!

Thanks for giving us the update and posting the video. She looks wonderful!

anna_66
04-11-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm very glad to hear that Disney is feeling a little better with the warm weather. She's looking wonderful with her new hair cut:)

That video was just precious!

shais_mom
04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
HI DISNEY gurl!!!
hope you get to feeling better soon!
gentle hugs to you