PDA

View Full Version : Lump on Hana's neck

Maresche
01-15-2002, 09:19 AM
I took Hana to the vet two weeks ago for her regular checkup and vaccinations and the vet found a small lump (pea sized) on the left side of her neck. She was concerned enough about it that she recommended getting it removed asap. We had to wait two weeks in order to get the 2nd felv vaccine done and the vet wanted that done first.
She had it removed yesterday. It had acutally shrunk a bit in size (enough that the vet had trouble finding it again). Everything went well during the surgery, but now I have to wait a week to find out if the lump was something more than "just a lump".
Hana's roughly 7 years old (according to the vet--we got her from the humane society where I volunteer) and has a couple of health problems in addition to this but they are still pretty minor or at least in their early stages (early stage kidney disease, atrophied muscles in her hind legs and hips due to being at the shelter in a cage for a year, etc).
We haven't even had her for 3 months yet and I'd hate to have something serious develop now (as if I have any control over that). She's just such a sweet cat and deserves more time to enjoy her life.
Thanks for letting me vent my worries!

Gio
01-15-2002, 10:11 AM
The worst part is certainly having to wait for the results. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that there's nothing seriously wrong with Hana. Please keep us posted.

pepper636
01-15-2002, 11:55 AM
My vet always said "if you can pull the lump and get your fingers all around it, it is most likely a fatty tumour". Did you feel it at all when you found it? I will be praying that everything will be OK with Hana.

Maresche
01-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Pepper,

No, I didn't get to touch it. It was painful for Hana and she wouldn't let me get that close to it. The only reason the vet could was because she had help holding Hana still.
Thanks for your well wishes!

NoahsMommy
01-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Maresche,

My thoughts and prayers are with you while you await the news. That is so nice that you rescued Hana and she is so well-loved.

AmberLee
01-15-2002, 01:54 PM
{{{Maresche and Hana}}},

So sorry to hear of the anxiety you are going through ... it's so hard to handle. Will remember you both in our prayers. Hang in there. Sounds to me like a good thing that the lump was shrinking the second time.

Maresche
01-18-2002, 06:43 AM
I just heard back from the vet last night. Hana's fine! :D The tumor was beign! The vet told me what type it was but I don't remember it right now. It began with a B. Anyway, it's not normally recurring so we shouldn't have anymore problems with that.

Now we just need to get those stitches out in about 10 days.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. It really means a lot to me.

purrley
01-18-2002, 06:52 AM
Mars - that's is such good news!!! Especially since what my vet told me about a cat I lost due to a tumor at the back of her intestines. He told me that almost all tumors in cats are cancerous. I'm so happy your baby is going to be fine. WHEW!!!:)

Karen
01-18-2002, 06:55 AM
Thank goodness! Give her extra skritches for us!

Gio
01-18-2002, 08:07 AM
Wonderful news :) :) :)

pepper636
01-18-2002, 08:38 AM
I'm so glad to hear that it was benign. Enjoy your weekend!! Give Hana a kiss for me.

AmberLee
01-18-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Maresche
... Hana's fine! ....

Such a relief. Thanks for letting us know. Great news!

tatsxxx11
01-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I am SO HAPPY for you and Hana!!! Oh, waiting for those phone calls can be so scary!!:eek: Give the litte furpatient a bigcuddle and kisses from us, right near her boo-boo!!

lynnestankard
01-21-2002, 05:11 AM
Soooo happy for you both - waiting is just so hard , glad the news was good - please give her a cuddle and nose kiss from far away.:)