PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal Meeting - Miko's B-day!

bckrazy
04-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Di and moi planning a meeting for May 28 or 29, to celebrate Miko's B-day!! Miko is Di's adoorable Aussie/Border Collie, for those of you who don't know. He is deaf, and the smartest and sweetest little boy! There will be a doggy cake, tons of treats, games, contests, and prizes. . . we're still figuring everything out, but it will be a blast for sure! We'd LOVE to see all the Cali PT pups! So far, Di's gang and me and Gonzo are all going. It'd be awesome if a lot of people came out to celebrate Miko's 1st Birthday!! ^__^

when * May 29th @ Noon
where * Berkeley Marina
who * Di [MacSeshy, Miksy, Megan, Monica, Miko], Erica [Gonzo], Giselle
why * Miko's 1st B-day!!!
what * doggy cake, treats, fun, games, prizes, and stuff for the hoomans too

Giselle
04-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Count us (Lucky and Giselle) in! Let me know if we should bring anything. Oh, and we'll be sure to bring Miko a present;) LOL this is so cute...:p

BCBlondie
04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
I think May 29 would work better for me because that day I won't have work for sure, so I'm like 98% sure I'm free that day! :)

I can make the doggie cake and I can also bring a cake for the humans from my work.. :D

I hope lots of people and pups will be able to show up for my baby's birthday! :D

Edit:
If you have any ideas for games or contests, please feel free to post! We'll make a list of stuff to do at the party. :)

bckrazy
04-11-2005, 12:48 AM
^__^ awesome, Giselle!! I updated the date/time, and I posted in Dog General in case no one checks this board. . . this will be really cute. Miko deserves it, he's a good boy :)

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 02:46 PM
crayola barks! as of "count me in too!" games! games! games! games!

now, me, gina - asks you what's berkeley marina? is there any specific address? crayola says thanks! :D

bckrazy
04-12-2005, 05:01 PM
yay! I'd love to meet you and Crayola!! here's directions :) I copied this from Di. . .

Directions: From South 880: Take the University Ave. exit and the lower ramp (veer right) that goes under the freeway. Take a right at the first intersection (Hearst St.) go up Hearst to 6th St. (light) Take a right onto 6th and the next right onto University. Go over the overpass and continue straight into the Marina.

*When you come to a split near the end the road, go RIGHT. Continue to the end of that road, and you will be making a sharp left turn... continue up and there you will find parking. The park is the grassy hill area..*
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/marina...directions.html

GoldenRetrLuver
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
I'll ask my dad tonight and see if he's up for another "big" trip! I'd love to go and meet you guys.. I'm pretty sure the date would be fine for us (we don't have school the following Monday). I'll get back to you guys ASAP! :)

BCBlondie
04-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Erica, the link you posted doesn't work for some reason.. (Maybe you copied it wrong or the website changed)

Here are directions and a map to the area. It's a GREAT park, very beautiful, right by the bay. :)
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/marina/marinaexp/directions.html
Or click HERE (http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/marina/marinaexp/directions.html)

Julie - I REALLYYYYYYYY hope you'll be able to come!!!! :D :D *crosses fingers*

Crayola - My pups can't wait to meet you!! ^_^

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
*that* university..university...yeah!

forgive me but I've been seeing "Di" everywhere and I don't know who everyone is talking about!! (username please :D)

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 07:46 PM
oh yeah and should I bring my 13 cats too?

just kidding!!! I'd NEVER have my eyes glance at you and even say hi! tooooo pawusy with those dears! :D

BCBlondie
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

forgive me but I've been seeing "Di" everywhere and I don't know who everyone is talking about!! (username please :D)
I am Di. :) (Pronounced like dee ;) , (short for Diana (dee-aw-na))

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
:eek: ahhhhhh YOU!! the siggy you made for me.. :rolleyes: HI. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
04-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Just talked to my dad, and if all goes well, we'll be there! :D

I'm not sure yet if we're bringing both dogs. Daisy will definitely be there for sure, but I'm not sure if we're going to bring Molly yet.

We'll most likely be staying at a hotel, so if anyone has any suggestions (maybe one that is close to the Marina?) I'd love to see them and check them out. :)

I'm so excited! :D

BCBlondie
04-12-2005, 10:52 PM
OMG YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!! I can't wait to see everyone again and to meet Gina and Julie. This is going to be soo awesome!!! :D Eek!! I'm excited!! hehe

Giselle
04-13-2005, 12:07 AM
GoldenRetrLuver (sorry! Don't know your name :o), do you have any family near here? Neighboring cities are Oakland, Alameda, Albany, Richmond, Emeryville, and Hayward [sort of]. Perhaps you have family there? Other not-so-close cities are San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Livermore, Fremont, Pleasanton, etc.

There's a Berkeley Marina Hotel-- what a greyt location, huh;)
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-357955-radisson_hotel_berkeley_marina-i;_ylt=ArpoIpcsv1XprympYj6rXR4J8b8F
I don't know if they allow pets, though.

These are hotels I found off of dogfriendly.com. However, you should call them beforehand to ensure that they are dog friendly:
Berkeley
http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/w/FOLDERca/wonlineca5407688be.shtml
Oakland
http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/w/FOLDERca/wonlineca6328900la.shtml
Emeryville
http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/w/FOLDERca/wonlineca6015880wo.shtml

I think most Holiday Inns accept dogs and I know Motel 6 does- although, I personally would not recommend you stay at a Motel 6 in Oakland...:rolleyes:

Hope that helps!

BCBlondie
04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Here are some other hotels I found that allow pets and look pretty good:

Edit: Argh stupid links didn't work. Anyway...

I just found this Ramada Inn hotel in Pleasanton, which is like 45mins from Berkeley. It's only around $50 a night and pets are allowed.
http://www.hotels.com/property.do?mtnHotelID=256461&page=info&numadults=1&numchildren=2&numrooms=1&CIDay=28&CIMonth=5&CIYear=2005&CODay=30&COMonth=5&COYear=2005&z_property=&gds=3&thisPageNumber=1&qKey=LU166414004504&roomTypeCode=008

Here's another one in Pleasanton that's around $50 a night and allows pets...
http://www.hotels.com/property.do?mtnHotelID=27968&page=info&numadults=1&numchildren=2&numrooms=1&CIDay=28&CIMonth=5&CIYear=2005&CODay=30&COMonth=5&COYear=2005&z_property=&gds=3&thisPageNumber=1&qKey=LU166414004504&roomTypeCode=029

Gonna look for more local hotels lol...

Hmm.. found this one in Berkeley.. Not sure if they allow pets or not.. you can always call and ask! lol
http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelDetail.do?propertyId=51627&startIndex=15&showMap=0&sortOrder=ascPOSPicks&sortAlpha=-1&SEQ=11133725095963132005&hotelQKey=2030041665848532087#description

The Berkeley Marina one that giselle posted is gorgeous, and it's right across the street from the park!! But it's a little pricey and it says no pets allowed. :(

Oh yeah, and GoldenRetrLuver's name is Julie. She's really cool. :D LOL *steals Molly* :p

Giselle
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
:p I knew that...:o

How much was it again? 150$ per night? Eeek. But the location is perfect! Too bad most hotels don't accept pets. I know plenty of slobs who make a bigger mess than my Gissie LOL.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Giselle (Sorry, I don't know your name either :o), I have an uncle who lives in south San Francisco.

Well, it looks like Molly won't be coming -- just Daisy. I'd love to take her, but she's very skittish/timid around new people, and I wouldn't want to stress her out with that issue since she'll be in new surroundings and all. Plus, it's a 5-6 hour drive.

I'll be sure to check out the hotels and show my dad tonight. Thank you all so much! :)

sandragonfly
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
sooo...what should I bring? (for hoomans, games? food? and beside the gift) :D

oh! bcblondie, I have a question and would need PM it to you before I ruin this thread :D (no biggie deal I think) :D

BCBlondie
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
You can bring whatever food you like. I'm making a big dog cake and I will probably have cake for people too. (I work at a bakery :p ). Not sure what to bring for games yet. Bckrazy and I (and giselle if she comes too) will be getting together this weekend and we'll make a list of games, contests, things/food to bring, etc. We'll post the list once we finish so everyone can decide what to bring. :)

So, I guess we'll be celebrating Gina's golden's birthday too. Crayola will be celebrating his 3rd birthday on May 12th, which is near Miko's estimated birthday. So we will have two birthday boys! (Hope no one minds... :o )

sandragonfly
04-13-2005, 07:05 PM
ahh nevermind what I asked in last second PM :D

I hope I didn't screw this up.. :( it would be better than having two parties at different time and places. hope that is okay!! :)

sandragonfly
04-13-2005, 07:08 PM
oh and yes, this is his third year but it's his first birthday party! he came from a very quiet state, montana.

and miko, what color do you love?! no, you're not colorblinded!!! :D

BCBlondie
04-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Lol Miko likes the color blue because he has beautiful blue eyes. :D

bckrazy
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
OMG! I was hoping Julie would come!! :D I can't wait to meet you and Daisy!!! yesss! I'm so sad gorgeyous Molly can't come, but I'll bring pressies to take home to her ~_^

Gina, that's awesome! what are you talking about?! >.< it will be twice as fun with two B-day boys!! you have to give us some present advice on what he likes :)

Di and Giselle, I can't wait to see you two on Sunday!! we've got to come up with really fun things for the pups to do :D I really hope Casey and Bubba's family can come to the party!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I was talking to Di last night about how I wish I could go to Miko's party and then after I got off the computer I talked to my mom about possible going to Cali for a few days and she said that I can most likely come:D It'd just be Tango and I because I'll be taking a plane and wouldn't want to have to worry about more than 1 dog getting there safely plus it will be a lot easier taking care of one dog anyway lol. I hope this all works out:D:D

Giselle
04-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Oh my Gawd, can we do that? Because GrumpyGrandpaw's (aka Lucky LOL) birfday is June 2nd. I don't want to steal Miko's day, though, and Lucky is like Sesh x 5 when he's out in public.:p If you're up for three parties on one day, I'll talk it over with you guys on Sunday.

Hehe, time for introductions. My name is Sophie. Giselle is the Greyhound [my dumb redhead] and Lucky is the Pekingese. Julie, that sounds like it'll work! South SF *is* sort of far away, I admit, but the hotels that allow pets aren't very -um- classy ;) The hotel that I found on dogfriendly.com seems nice, though. It looks like a bed and breakfast-y type of place and there's no additional pet fee. Plus, it's right in the heart of Berkeley, so it's like a 10 minute drive to the marina. Is Molly the collie? Darn...I love collies! At least we'll be seeing Daisy!

Gina, what does Crayola want for his birfday?

Edited: OMG! That's so awesome Orangutango!!! No Winston? He's GAWGEOUS!

sandragonfly
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
yay!! the more people coming, MORE barkerrier! :D :D

he LOVES b....*crayola barks* hey momaw! lemme do thus....

*runs to HIS ball, runs back here, panting* I fuvveee thus toyie! yeaw I hwave "many" bawlls but they'll be gonwe soonie! *grabs the ball to his beddy for chewtime!* (any is fine)

me: :rolleyes:, ok you guys got it? :D now I know what will look pretty on him,some bandanas! *crayola looks up, head-tilted...* what did you say......??

mom: :D that we love you!

and he's too loyal (to me) to remember his favorite biscuts! (any BUT healthy).
========================
bckrazy..what am I talking about...?? my hypersensitive :D :D

:o miko...you SEE blue in air...uh huh.. tell me more what you like! and now to lucky, too!?

looking forward to the list!

BCBlondie
04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
AHHHHHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! Hahaha

I really hope you'll get to come, Devan!! You can stay with me if you come (since it's only going to be you and Tango..)! :D Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting lost in the area and getting a hotel and everything. :) So let me know if/when the plans have been finalized!

I PM'ed caseysmom about this thread. Haven't gotten a response yet. I also PM'ed Wolflady and she said she'll mark her calendar.

I totally can't wait to see you (bckrazy) and giselle this weekend!! I'll bring paper and pens so we can make a long list of ideas. :D
Just making sure... Sunday @ noon same place, right? I'll stay by the bulletin board by the water bowls (by the entrance). See you guys soon!

I'm getting SOOO excited!!!!! Is it May yet???? :D

Edit:

Miko likes:
- FOOD!!!! Any kind! He goes crazy over just kibble LOL!!
- Bandanas!! I have this thing with BC's must having bandanas so he always has one on.. I only have like 2 or 3 for him and he would love more! :D
- Stuffed animals
- Tennis balls

GoldenRetrLuver
04-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Nice to "meet" you, Sophie! ;) I'm not really sure if we're going to be staying with my uncle, though. We'll probably find a hotel somewhere and stay there.. but I don't know yet. I'll have to talk to my dad about it tonight when he gets home. Yeah, Molly is the Collie. I'd *love* to bring her, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

That'd be great if you could come, Devan!

Thanks Erica! I can't wait to meet you and Gonzo! :D

He he, wow, two (maybe three?) parties celebrated in one day! It's totally up to you guys if you want to have a big "Birthday Bash" or something for Miko, Crayola and Lucky.

Oh, yeah.. and just so you guys know in advance, I'm a little shy when it comes to meeting new people (yeah, I bet you couldn't tell if you took a look at my post number :p), so, I apoligize in advance if I'm a little quiet. :o

I can't wait to start going shopping. :D

Giselle
04-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Eeek, Showdog Moms and Dads is coming on in like 10 minutes, so I have to rush this.

I'm kind of leaning not celebrating Lucky's birfday at Miko and Crayola's party. He has a REALLY bad case of social anxiety due to improper socialization. It gets so bad that he just flips out and won't respond to anything you tell/give him. I'm not sure if we're going to bring him to the birfday party, anyways, because of the above mentioned:o I guess he's kinda like Molly LOL.

That's too bad about Molly! I love dogs with no stops, hehe. It's like a sighthound trait and I lurve other breeds with that sloped head, like Bullterriers, Collies, etc. etc.

Julie, don't worry about being shy;) I was painfully shy, myself, but the dogs will help. Di, yep, same place same time. Now, off to the TV!

BCBlondie
04-14-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Giselle

That's too bad about Molly! I love dogs with no stops, hehe. It's like a sighthound trait and I lurve other breeds with that sloped head, like Bullterriers, Collies, etc. etc.
Me too!! I love the 'sleek' look on dogs. :D Like sighthounds (greyhounds, whippets, borzois, etc), and border collies, collies, as well as dobes. They just look so elegant and stuff. :D

Don't worry about being shy guys!! For those of you who went last time, it wasn't so bad, was it? :D I thought everyone was really sweet. There's nothing to be scared of!! Plus, we're gonna have so many fun games planned that you won't even have time to think about being shy! :D hehe

Edit:
So is anyone else going to come??? Here's the list so far:

bckrazy + w/Gonzo
BCBlondie + w/Miksy, Sesh, Megan, and Miko
giselle + w/Giselle (maybe Lucky? or no? lol)
Gina's Ark Inc. + w/Crayola
GoldenRetrLuver + w/Daisy
Orangutango (maybe) +w/Tango

I need to know how many people (and dogs) will show up so I know what size cake to get! :D

You don't have to have a dog to be able to come!

bckrazy
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
OMFG, Devan!! You HAVE TO come! Tango is the most gorgeous dog ever 0_0. . . I would die, if you guys came down!

We have so many awesome people/dogs coming, this will be SO freakin rad, Di!! I would love to do Lucky's B-day too! He didn't seem shy at all to me. . . :) he's such a sweet little guy

I can't wait to meet up on Sunday, Di and Sophie! (LOL. . I didn't know your name until now, Sophie :o!) I get to meet Miko in 2 DAYS ^__^! we'll have to think of tons of fun stuff for the B-day party

Giselle
04-15-2005, 05:50 PM
I can't wait to meet up on Sunday, Di and Sophie! (LOL. . I didn't know your name until now, Sophie !)
LOL! I had a feeling when everybody referred to me by my Greyhound's name :p Man, I *wish* my name was Giselle!

Lucky has a bad case of social anxiety. He doesn't whine or anything, but he drooooooooooooooools. I think this picture speaks for itself
http://www.mypetpages.net/artists/1984/0/43e1bfd392a90e791f7c0e4db3a31877.JPG
LOLOL! It looks like he went swimming :P I'm going to bring him anyways. The old Grandpaw needs some fresh air and exercise.

Two more days! :D

BCBlondie
04-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Can't wait to see you guys again in two days! hahaa I'm really excited. :D :D Miko is too! :)

Okay... I need to know though...

IS ANYONE ELSE PLANNING TO COME TO THE PARTY?
Please let me know, even if you're not sure you will be able to make it or not.

CamCamPup33
04-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I'll come!! BUT *ONLY* If someone will come down to FL and pick me up! :p :p

Wahh, it sounds like such fun.. You all BETTER take ALOT of pictures.. And not just of the pups! Hehe.

sandragonfly
04-15-2005, 07:59 PM
giselle, I'm confused..is lucky going to come to the party or this sunday with listing-mothers?

yay! so far 9 dogs, right? (include mine and IF tango's coming!

Giselle
04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Both:)

bckrazy
04-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Sophie is a cute name!! :) aw, Lucky was really sweet. . poor boy, Gonzo kicked bark in his face :o. .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p6b4a48b102cc527f8b68c5c697517319/f56e3c72.jpg

he's so cooot! ^_^ cant wait to see him again! I'll try to keep Gonzo from kicking stuff at him. He does that a lot -.- LOL

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Wahh, it sounds like such fun.. You all BETTER take ALOT of pictures.. And not just of the pups! Hehe.

there will be tonnes of puppy pictures. . I dunno about pictures of me though :o. I wish you and Cami could come too! awww

Giselle
04-17-2005, 09:07 PM
LOLOL! Sorry I left so early :p Apparently, I told my mom that the walk would take 30 minutes and it took 50 minutes or something, so she freaked out. Not to mention, they found the body of a 13 year old last night in FL and I swear she started hyperventilating.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050418/ap_on_re_us/missing_girl

Gawd, I can *not* wait until I can drive on my own!!!!:rolleyes:

bckrazy
04-18-2005, 12:21 AM

Gawd, I can *not* wait until I can drive on my own!!!!:rolleyes:

I can SO relate to that :p!! I'll hopefully be driving by May! aw, I totally understand parents. . it was waay fun seeing you and Giselle. Gonzo is in love with her now, I swear, he started being all grumpy when she left! ~_^ I posted pictures in Dog General. .

hm. . I guess we didn't come up with tons of games, but we have a lot down and I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. We still have a month, so if anyone has game/contest suggestions definitely send those to Di!! :)

sandragonfly
04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
ok, games.. for dogs -- balls! (all of us hooman stand in a line, a ball each in our hand, throw!! dogs go where and to which ball? lol -- for hoomans, we have should have plenty! and for both (dogs and hoomans) - we should play frisbees! and let's see if any of our dogs would want to join us! I played frisbee with my friend before athe beach and my old dog, mocha went crazily over it! we spinned frisbees back, forth, so she ran forth, back constantly..soo funny! I haven't tried with my little golden guy yet - whatcha think? I have *one* to bring :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Di, I tried bookbig a flight but the first time they just put me on hold for about 20mins or so, and the second time I called they told me it's too early in the month to book one. They said to call again next week, so I'll let you know then when I'll be coming!

lol Gina, I don't think we would have a good chance of playing frisbee and actually catching it if Tango's around. She LOVES frisbees! We could try though...

BCBlondie
04-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Devan, just let me know when/what/where the flight is when you get it booked! :) It would be easiest if you just flew to Oakland, but SF is okay too...

Originally posted by Orangutango
lol Gina, I don't think we would have a good chance of playing frisbee and actually catching it if Tango's around. She LOVES frisbees! We could try though...
Yeah... and Sesh would probably just end up chasing after whatever dog is going after the frisbee... LOL :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Haha, I really doubt that Daisy is going to be paying attention to the games we're going to play with the dogs, too, even though she loves playing fetch and chasing the frisbee. There'll be so many new people and dogs around, and I bet that's where all of her attention is going to go. :p

We haven't booked a hotel room yet, but we will try to soon. I can't wait another month! ;)

sandragonfly
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
haha! worth the try!!! I think my dog will BEHAVE... ;) ;)

wonder who's going to bring camera? *raising my hand* I will! if everyone brings... :eek: O_o the pet talkers who ain't going are lucky!! :eek: :D

BCBlondie
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
No pictures of me please... :p :o Feel free to take pics of all 4 of my dogs though! haha

And yes, I will most definitely be bringing my camera. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
04-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I think I'll be staying out of the pictures as well. ;)

I'm bringing my camera, of course, along with tons of extra batteries. :p

BCBlondie
04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Just bumping this up...

BCBlondie
04-28-2005, 02:33 AM
I was just wondering... Miko's made some good friends at our local dog park.. Would you guys mind if I invited them too or should this be an only PT thing?

Giselle
04-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Bring them! It's Miko's party, after all:)

bckrazy
04-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't mind at all ;) it'll be fun!

BCBlondie
05-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Ok not to confuse anyone.. (I was a little confuse myself, I guess :o ) The park is actually called Cesar Chavez. http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/parks/parkspages/CesarChavez.html

bckrazy
05-04-2005, 01:40 AM
:) look at my sig! 26 days!!!

I seriously have to go shopping soon for all of the stuff. . . my gawd I'll be getting a lot of stuff :D

GoldenRetrLuver
05-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Yay! It's less then a month away!

We still haven't booked a hotel room yet. :o We'll probably end up waiting until the last possible minute, haha. I'll let ya guys know when we do!

GoldenRetrLuver
05-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Okay, my dad and I looked at hotels today, but we haven't booked one yet. We *might* be staying with my uncle who lives in South San Francisco, but we're not sure yet. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow on that. If we do end up staying at a hotel/motel, this is the one we will most likely stay at..

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05430&disablenav=

We had a hard time finding a motel/hotel that was near the Marina that allowed pets. This one doesn't seem too bad, and it's not *that* far away from the park.

Have we decided yet if we're celebrating Crayola's and Lucky's birthdays too, or just Miko's? :)

Only three more weeks!

BCBlondie
05-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Morgan Hill is where my cousin lives pretty much.. It's an hour and a half south of Berkeley. :P Kinda far.. But the hotel looks good. :)

South San Fran is actually a lot closer than Morgan Hill is to Berkeley..

Giselle
05-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Here's a tip: try to stay in the 510, 415, and even 925 area codes. 408 is pretty far away, though some 408 areas are only an hour away. That's a fairly long way to drive, even so. By South SF, do you mean the 650 area? I know that Daly City is 650 and it's not very far away....like 45-50 or so minutes. So, Di's right. South SF is closer than Morgan Hill.

I think we're only going to be celebrating Miko and Crayola's b-days. I can't wait to start shopping!

BCBlondie
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
So, Di's right. South SF is closer than Morgan Hill.
Lol I should be! My grandma lives very close to South SF and my cousins live right by Morgan Hill. And I visit their houses a lot.. That's how I know haha :D

~~~~~~

I made an invitation thing so you guys can print it out...
http://www.akmens-uz.com/invitation.pdf
:D

GoldenRetrLuver
05-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Yep, he's in the 650 area.

Still not sure if we're staying with my uncle or not.. haven't heard back from him yet. He's supposed to call sometime tonight.

I don't think my dad has a problem driving that far away, whether we stay with my uncle or in that hotel. He mentioned that he might want to do some "sightseeing" while we're there, anyway.

Di, that invitation is SO cute!! :D Haha!

Thanks for the help and tips!

bckrazy
05-12-2005, 01:43 PM
OMG, that invitation is so cute!! that reminds me, do we need party hats or anything. . I could bring some? or maybe party bandanas ;)? I cant believe its only 17 days away! ^_~

Has anyone heard from Devan? I hope she can come. .

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-12-2005, 01:44 PM
My grandparents are coming that weekend now and my Dad said I might not be able to come but they're going to be here for a week and a half so I'm trying to convince my Dad to let me go for a few days. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to though:D

bckrazy
05-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I hope so!! :) If not, we totally understand. . its so far away! good luck convincing the rents ~_~

sandragonfly
05-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
No pictures of me please... :p :o

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Yeah, I think I'll be staying out of the pictures as well. ;)
:eek: ..then so do I too! :o :o pictures of zillion dogs with A girl in?? :o I don't think so... :D

bcblondie, thanks for the cool invitation!! I thought wasn't able to make it to the party but I think we will now! :)

bckrazy, yes! I was going to ask the same thing, I saw a few cute bandanas at the store a few weeks ago and thought they're the must! who, which will get?

let's say this party color will be blue!? crayola's color is bright dark blue so do miko's too! (em, am I right? has been weeks..) :) looking forward, yay!

BCBlondie
05-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
let's say this party color will be blue!? crayola's color is bright dark blue so do miko's too! (em, am I right? has been weeks..) :) looking forward, yay!
Yup! Miko's a blue dog. :D Hehe

Btw, I hope you guys don't mind if I invited some dog park friends..

Lemme tell you a little about them:

+ Abby is a 1yr SUPER cute tricolor Pembroke Welsh Corgi.. Miko loves her.. :D Abby's human is awesome.. She's got quite the sense of humor. :D haha
+ Milo and Mookie are sable Rough Collies... Milo is around Miko's and Abby's age and loves playing with them, and Mookie is about 7yrs old and mellow... He just sticks by his owner, but he's such a sweetheart and a cutie. :)
+ Gracie is a German Shorthaired Pointer.. Gracie's human kid LOVES my little Megan hehe
+ Buddy is like a Lhasa Apso/Bichon Frise mix or something.. he's a rescue.. a little cutie. He just got a haircut! :D
+ Isabella is a 2yo Golden Retriever.. Miko loves her too lolol.. She's super sweet!!

I don't remember if I invited anyone else... haha

GoldenRetrLuver
05-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Okay, we just booked a room at the hotel in Morgan Hill.

We're staying there for one night, which is the night that we're driving up (May 28th), and then we'll be staying with my uncle on the 29th, and then driving back home on the 30th.

Only a few more weeks! :)

BCBlondie
05-15-2005, 04:45 PM
YAY!!! I can't wait to meet you Julie! :D

*pokes* You should bring Molly too.. there will be other collies.. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
05-17-2005, 08:54 AM
12 more days!

Daisy's ready to go..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p90aa7a6fca2c9acecd661d17d1bbb57c/f9a7c159.jpg

Haha, I'm such a nerd.

I posted this last year for the Arizona Pet Talk Meeting, and thought it was too cute not to share here. :p

BCBlondie
05-17-2005, 10:15 AM
YAY!! Daisy you are SO cute!! Miko and the gang can't wait to meet ya! :D

I'm getting more and more excited! Ahh I better start shopping for prezzies, prizes, and everything! And I need to wash/groom all the dogs and make 'em pretty for the party haha. There isn't that much time left! AHHHH :D

sandragonfly
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
:eek: twelves....?! golly...

not to disappointee you, I hope I'll make it to the party for our birfday pups! it depends on how my health is... :( :(

I would love to know and can't wait to *know* if we're going for sure! we were..

cute picture, daisy! hehe..

*crayola barks* daiiisy!! weez huf samee frizbee!! :D

BCBlondie
05-22-2005, 10:42 AM
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!! :D :D :D :D
AHHH!!!!! :D

Hmm... I should probably start getting some shopping done.. :eek: lol..

Karen
05-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Gina (Gina's Ark) cannot come to the party, and sends her heartfelt regrets. It is for health reasons, and she doesn't get good reception where she is, and so cannot log in to Pet Talk most of the time.

She asked me to post this.

What she didn;t ask me to post is that she is very sad, and could use everyone's prayers for healing.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Aw, poor Gina! :( It's too bad she can't make it to the party.. I hope she'll be okay.

Six more days!! :D

BCBlondie
05-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Aww.. :( I hope Gina will feel better soon! I'll keep her in my thoughts..

Karen
05-24-2005, 08:10 PM
See here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80008) for an update on Gina.

bckrazy
05-26-2005, 02:23 PM
:( poor Gina. . I really hope its nothing serious and she can get better soon. I already bought stuff for Crayola, so hopefully I can mail it to them. . .

wow. I can't believe the party is only 3 days away!! Di, do you need me to bring anything?? Do you know who all is coming? :p

BCBlondie
05-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Ummmmmm maybe we should make a list for food? I mean, I can get a bunch of stuff but I don't know what you guys want.. I already ordered the cakes..

Let's see..
What we would need:
-Soda/drinks
-chips
-cookies.. lol

what else? haha.. I'm all out of ideas..

*** NOTE: FEEL FREE TO DRESS YOUR DOG UP!! :D ***
(all of mine will be all pretty and decorated haha..)

Karen
05-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Gina emailed, and wants to wish Miko "HAPPY FIRST BARKDAY!!!" She asks that everyone take LOTS of pictures, as she cannot be there but WANTS to be! :) She's sure you'll all have a blast, and she'll be thinking of you!

caseysmom
05-27-2005, 04:56 PM
You guys all have fun! Happy Birthday Miko! I was hoping to be able to make it but I don't think I will be able to, thats why I haven't said much about it, too much going on this weekend with the skin kids.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-27-2005, 07:17 PM
We're leaving tomorrow!

I still gotta pack everything. Ahh. :o

Di, you have my number, right? I may be calling you either tonight or tomorrow.. or you can call me if you want, just to finalize the plans and stuff. If anyone else who is going would like to exchange numbers, just PM me. :)

I don't know if I'll be able to get on tonight or tomorrow before we leave, but I'll see you all on Sunday for the party!

bckrazy
05-27-2005, 11:07 PM
I can bring Sodas/Waters and Chips! Should I bring some sort of dip?. . ~_~ I'll bring some cookies too

I'll also bring some cookies for the pups!! I'll make a platter thing for them. Even though I'm sure they'll be full from the cake ;0)

BCBlondie
05-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Ooohh no.. LOL Miko never gets full.. He'll keep eating till he drops dead >.<

That would be awesome if you can bring sodas, chips, and cookies! I don't normally eat chips with dip so I wouldn't know what kind of dip to bring.. but my best guess is whatever goes good with the chips?? lolol.. And I can pay you back for whatever you buy...

What else would people like besides cake, drinks, cookies and chips??

Julie - I'll call you tomorrow on my lunch break from work.. I can't wait to meet you and Daisy! Have a safe trip up!!! :D

bckrazy
05-28-2005, 02:02 AM
lolol.. And I can pay you back for whatever you buy...

Nooo way! :p I'm happy to bring stuff!! I never eat dip either. . I'll just grab whatever looks good. . T_T

BCBlondie
05-28-2005, 04:29 AM
JUST ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!! :D

Ahh geez.. I still have a TON of things to get done! I really hope I don't forget to bring anything :o lolol

I'm glad the weather is getting better! I had a scare! For a while the weather things were saying there were gonna be few showers on Sunday! :eek: But now it's saying mostly sunny.. Phewwwww :p

I can't wait to see everyone!!! :D

Shelteez2
05-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Well...........

How was it?!?!?! :D

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
:eek: noooothing yet?!?!

first off, HIPPY, HIPPY BIRFDAY, LITTLE MIKO!!!

boy, did you had fun? ate a lot of cakes and ended up having BLUE tongue??

where's everyone? no, I haven't met you gals yet but I miss everyone and the dawggies I was suppose to meet! :( :( I'm soooo sorry!!

I'll have to pass on gifts for him when I get to see him, di, are you gonna be at the BBQ? and bckrazy, you too? crayola'll be happy to know I have something for him when I come home! ;)

anxious hugs,
..me & crayola :)

bckrazy
05-30-2005, 06:46 PM
It was really fun!! :D Di did a really good job getting everything together, and the dogs had fun! The cakes were sooo cute! I think there was about 12 dogs all together and about 11 people. We missed Crayola, and Tango, but it was cool. The dogs and people from Di's dog park were really nice! I'll post pics later in Dog General (we're having a Memorial Day Party right now)...

I hope I can send you Crayola's pressies... I can't go to the meeting in July... I'll be watching Miko then, and it'd be hard to go to LA and stay for a couple days with 2 crazy Border Collies :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-30-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm glad you guys had a great time! I really wish I could've been there too:( Can't wait to see the pics!

Giselle
05-31-2005, 12:04 AM
:( *tears* Urgh, I really wish we could've gone.

But I'm glad you guys had fun! It sounded like SOOOOOOOO much fun and I'm so totally jealous :p

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 02:46 PM
:confused: I thought you guys (giselle and tango) were gonna be there... what happened?

I saw bunches of great pictures in dog general and I regret!! :( well, I should say I'm glad you guys had fun!!! next time, I hope..

Giselle
05-31-2005, 09:29 PM
We were! :( But then, at the last minute, we were told that my brother and dad were going to leave for vaca (for one month) on Sunday *night*. I thought they were leaving Saturday night, so then we had this whole family day on Sunday and I couldn't go. So sorry Miko, but I'm glad you had a grrreyt b-day part and lotsa prezzies!

BCBlondie
06-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Here are some PICTURESSSSSSSS I took... Sorry they're a week late! As soon as I got home from the party, the internet was down! UGH!! :mad: And we just FINALLYYYY got it back!! I've nearly died without the internet all week.. x_x anyways, onto the pics!! Sorry for the long wait :o
http://www.akmens-uz.com/mikosparty.htm

bckrazy
06-07-2005, 12:58 PM
aw, those pics are SO cute Di!!! I totally missed that. You should post it in dog general ;)... OMG, Sesh looked so cute as a reverse Dally! and I love the pics of the pups playing, they're so cute.

Oo also, I finally talked to Nola today and you and Kitleigh are on the Herding clinic list!!!! I should probably PM you about this... that might be a good idea... ~_~

caseysmom
06-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Buddy looks exactly like a white bubba...I never noticed!

bckrazy
06-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I think Buddy is a ShihtzuxPoodle... is that what Bubba is? LOL.. they're names are almost the same ;)

caseysmom
06-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes, Bubba's mother is a brown and white shitzu and his father is a silver poodle....he is starting to get a bit more silver/gray whatever as he grows up.

I have no luck taking pictures but he looks exactly like a black buddy.....

BCBlondie
06-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Buddy's mom isn't really sure what he is lol... She was told Bichon mix or something when she adopted him.. But I do see more shih tzu / poodle... I also thought maybe pekingese mix, because he looks a lot like this pure pek I've seen, and giselle showed me this picture of her Lucky where he looked a LOT like Buddy.. So who knows.. :p Maybe he's a shipoopek? :D

Sorry I missed your PM, Erica.. I've been away from the computer for a while (due to internet problems and stuff), but I just emailed you back. :)

Giselle
06-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Buddy's mom isn't really sure what he is lol... She was told Bichon mix or something when she adopted him.. But I do see more shih tzu / poodle... I also thought maybe pekingese mix, because he looks a lot like this pure pek I've seen, and giselle showed me this picture of her Lucky where he looked a LOT like Buddy.. So who knows.. :p Maybe he's a shipoopek? :D

Sorry I missed your PM, Erica.. I've been away from the computer for a while (due to internet problems and stuff), but I just emailed you back. :)

Here are the pics Di is referring to:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/IMG_1180.jpg

http://www.akmens-uz.com/DSC00787.jpg

caseysmom
06-10-2005, 02:50 AM
I see a little pekignese in those pics for sure...I am confused who is buddy's mom?

BCBlondie
06-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
I am confused who is buddy's mom?
Buddy is the white dog, and Buddy's "mom" is the woman holding him in one or two of the pics that are on my website... ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Cute pics, Di! You got some great shots. :D

Miksy looks so adorable in the last group photo with his big grin.. aww. I loooved meeting your pups, especially Seshy. ;) I still remember when you sprayed the hair dye down his back and he got all embarassed LOL. What a cuuutie.

Hopefully we'll be able to do it again.. and Molly WILL be coming with me next time, hopefully. :p