PDA

View Full Version : *HELP-Very Sick Kitty :(*

DogLover9501
04-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Emma is still sick, even worse :(

This morning she vomited up hairballs, which was nothing to me because it's been a while since she's had any.

But just then she vomited up a LOT of PINK stuff, and I mean alot, all over the place, and it stinks!

What could this be?

I did switch her food last week, because I thought that's why she was getting sick before :(

My poor girl...:(

moosmom
04-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't let it go too long. Did she maybe EAT something that was pink, red or orange??? When you switched her food, did you do it gradually?

Just to be on the safe side, I'd take her to the vet. If she keeps vomiting, she could become dehydrated.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Craftlady
04-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Did you mix the old food with new food? If not that causes upset tummys. I dont know about the "pink" stuff that smells. Could she of gotten into something around the house? I would call the vets office and leave message for someone to call you or call emergency number.

catnapper
04-10-2005, 12:36 PM
It could just be the switch in food. I know when I switched food, Allen had some problems. Whats the new food? Sometimes they have a red dye on the food that would look pink in the stomach. It probably smells bad because of the stomach acid. Allen vomited last week that smelled terrible -- thousand times worse than a basic hairball. I thought I was going to pass out form the smell

What do you have in the house that is pinkish? I have to hide tissues because Abby will eat them :eek: and sometimes they are pink, so maybe she ate some tissues, or found something similar. Never undersestimate what a cat will find to eat.

Laura's Babies
04-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Ohhhh! Hope she feels better soon! Don't let this go on to long, it don't take long to loose one...

DogLover9501
04-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks all.

Actually my mom completely dumped out her old food and gave her new food while I was at school, I told her when I got home that she wasn't suposed to do that.

Emma had already eaten most of it, and she seemed fine as it was about a week ago.

She is drinking lots of water...I'm going to be watching her all day :( If she keeps vomiting, she'll be going to the vet tomorrow!

sirrahbed
04-10-2005, 12:47 PM
:( Oh no!! Poor Emma. I know how worried you must be....the food she was eating - was it a reddish color - if so, that may be what the "pinkish" is. I know she is better soon - if not - to the vets tomorrow. You will update us right?? ((((HUGS))))

DogLover9501
04-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Right now she is sitting on my window ledge looking outside...

I am still so worried :(

I'll definatly update.

DogLover9501
04-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Well it's been about 4 hours, she hasn't vomited anymore since.

She has also ate a bit and drank alot.

I hope she is feeling better!

krazyaboutkatz
04-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Poor Emma:(. I hope she feels better soon and that it's nothing serious. Please keep us updated.

catmandu
04-10-2005, 06:02 PM
The Found Cats,are praying,for thier Friend Emma,as am I,as we certainly want nothing,to happen,to that Wonderful Cat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos995.jpg

Cataholic
04-10-2005, 06:56 PM
If she had thrown up alot..the pink stuff could possibly be a bit of blood from the irritation to the lining of the throat and stomach.

Whatever it is, it needs to be watched closely for a few days. Good luck and scritchies to help her feel better.