PDA

View Full Version : One of my wonderful rescues from last week

QueenScoopalot
04-10-2005, 11:45 AM
This affectionate and adorable boy was kicking around the streets for way too long...I scooped him up last week, and he's just one of the best cats purrsonality wise that I've had come through the ever revolving doors. I had him in a cage in the kitchen until he was tested and vaccinated (he was already neutered). No hissing at the dogs, or other cats. I went through the "lost & found' book at the vets, and nobody was looking for him. Never an ad in the paper. I hated to part with him. :( I swear this boy's part dog. He comes running when I call him (and did he ever want to go exploring at Petsmart). He purred through the vet appointment having needles jabbed in him, thermometers stuck in him and he was so good the entire time. He's competing against kittens, but I know he'll get himself a home in no time.
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4288776&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=425953c875687bfd-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

kimlovescats
04-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Dominic is adorable! Thanks for taking him on!!!;)

moosmom
04-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Jan,

He is such a beautiful boy!! I'm sure with his sweet disposition, he'll find a furrever home fast!!

catnapper
04-10-2005, 12:32 PM
What a sweetheart! I know he'll find a home. It'll only take one person to pet him and they'll be sold.

Laura's Babies
04-10-2005, 12:35 PM
What a handsome boy!! Sounds like the purfect baby for somebody!

Do you keep a log or book on how many you have rescued? I think those numbers would stagger everybody!

QueenScoopalot
04-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
What a handsome boy!! Sounds like the purfect baby for somebody!

Do you keep a log or book on how many you have rescued? I think those numbers would stagger everybody!
I mark down all the rescues on calendars, but after doing this for probably 15 years now, it will take a lot of counting of all the calendars to calculate how many I took off the streets. Well, some went back as TNRs) but most got adopted. I lost some due to distemper outbreaks (which are devestating), or tiny ones too weak to make it..but I'm guessing it's at least 1000. :eek: I trapped and took in 378 or so last year alone! :eek: Dominic may get adopted today, as he's just such attention hog. :D And the kittens went yesterday (yup they came through here too). One was a grey fluffy bunny butt! The woman who I got them from claimed the kittens tail fell off. :confused: It worked and looked fine however. ;)

catlady1945
04-10-2005, 01:02 PM
What a cutie.

catmandu
04-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Dominic,what a Wonderful Cat,you are,and as you can see,we are saving a spot,on our Bed,just for YOU! You would fit,in so well,at The Found Cat Hotel,Hurry Over,we are having Tuna Helper,Tonight!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos937.jpg
Right beside Michael!

Laura's Babies
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Just look how many cats lives you have made a world of differance in.. THAT is amazing!! God Bless you for what you do!

now that I have buttered you up... more kitten pictures?