PDA

View Full Version : Shadow update, including PICTURES!

Soapets
04-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Shadow was tested for worms today, and the test came up negative. He is using his litter box very well, and he started eating a little bit of canned food today! Here are some more pictures---still from our Polaroid camera and scanned in to the computer:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p0c6f16ed43e0fb946e167a34aa7888b8/f485fb23.jpg
Shadow likes to climb into "Daddy's" chair and snuggle up there beside "Daddy" and go to sleep!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p9e6a9636d6a7086700efdf14809f393b/f485f99b.jpg
He has his little blue toy mouse (filled with catnip) right there with him.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p653512d521c0bdbf1cccf998409f53c4/f485f88d.jpg
Here he is coming out of the dog carrier we are keeping him in when we're not home. His litter box is in the back, and he has the Minnie Mouse blanket from the Humane Society to lay on.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p62d98ad5deb74303d01f6a824af3348a/f486fd1d.jpg
Shadow had his first bath today, in an ice cream bucket in the sink. He was a dirty little boy! Here I am holding him up for "Daddy" to take a picture of him getting his very first bath!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pf0d45ddaf912cb715c0bb073dc2298df/f488e424.jpg
This one is self-explanatory.

Shadow has stolen ALL of our hearts except Angel's. He can walk around with Sandi and Oreo, and they sniff him and nudge him along, but they don't hurt him. Angel has gotten closer to him, but still hisses at him if he makes a move towards her. He is smart enough to stop when she does that, so hopefully she'll start feeling confident that she is still the Queen at our house!

He plays hard and eats well and sleeps hard! He makes a little high-pitched, soft, "ahhh" sound when he's playing. It is so cute! HE is so cute!:D

krazyaboutkatz
04-10-2005, 01:12 AM
Shadow is such a little cutie pie.:D How old is he? He sure looks tiny.

hootchlid
04-10-2005, 01:14 AM
oh what a cutie baby reminds me of polly when she was a baby!

Soapets
04-10-2005, 01:34 AM
He's about a month old. We are his "foster" home for the Humane Society until he is old enough to be adopted. But guess WHO is probably going to adopt him?!?:D

Uniqueviking
04-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Aw, he's absolutely adorable :)

Reminds me so much of when I got my Boomer. He was the same age, and is also pitch black.

smokey the elder
04-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Awww...I'm having SUCH kitten lust! What an adorable little mite.

RobiLee
04-10-2005, 07:27 AM
What a cutie and soooo tiny!

Soapets
04-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Shadow ate some DRY kitten food during the night!:) He wasn't very interested in the formula this a.m.:( He's already growing up too fast!:rolleyes:

We went to Lincoln, NE today to attend the Nebraska-Texas (college) baseball game this afternoon. Then we went to a PetSmart store. We don't have any of those stores in the town where I live.

We spent almost $70.00 on pet supplies, food, etc. My son got a 10-gallon aquarium to put in his room, along with a filter, pump, tubing, etc. He'll be getting some pet fish in a few days, after he gets the water in it and conditioned, etc.

Shadow spent the day in his huge carrier. I put some dry food in a bowl in it, and he wasn't too hungry for formula when we got home a little while ago. He wanted to get out and EXPLORE!:D He must have eaten enough of the dry food to curb his appetite.

He's exploring now, and NOTHING will stop him!:D Angel is playing with one of her new toys (Cat Crazy Circle, with a ball in it) so at least she's in the same room with him.

We bought some Science Diet dry kitten food for Shadow, and some small CANS of Science Diet kitten food to mix with his formula, or to just let him eat, whichever he decides he prefers.

CORRECTION: He stopped exploring and loudly asked to be fed a few minutes ago. He just snarfed down at least 5 syringes full of the formula/canned food mix---apparently knew I'd typed in here that he wasn't too interested in it, so decided to make a liar out of me!:D

kimlovescats
04-10-2005, 08:51 PM
What a precious itty bitty kitty he is!!!! Awwwwwwwwe!!!!:D

lisalee
04-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Awww, Shadow is such a precious little boy! :)

MULTICATMOM
04-10-2005, 11:30 PM
YEP;) YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND CHANGE THE SIGGY:D :D SOAPETS HAS A NEW S:D

catcrazylady
04-11-2005, 07:59 AM
That is the cutest little muffin!!! He is so tiny and adorable! I can sure see why he probably won't make it to adoption days!;) :D

Is it to soon to say....Wecome to PT little Shadow?:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-11-2005, 08:19 AM
What a fantastic cutie-pie!!! Shadow is so lucky to have you! It's is so early for the poor thing to live without his mom, but sometimes we have no choice, he!!

Pppssssttttt, Shadow, be as sweet as possible. be good boy! You are at your forever-home

Soapets
04-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Yes, he's still really young. When he wants to go to sleep, he wants to nurse first. He'll be laying on me, and will start sucking on a little fold in my shirt, while "making biscuits" with his two little front feet. So I get the syringe out, and mix up some formula, and he gets to "nurse" on the syringe as he falls to sleep. But he's starting to eat the dry food a little. It will go so fast, I'm afraid, and then he won't need us to feed him the formula with the syringe any more. I'm going to savor each and every moment that I can with him while he is still so young!:)