PDA

View Full Version : Fears?

CagneyDog
04-10-2005, 12:13 AM
What are your fears?

I have so many but there are a few big ones that are constantly getting in the way of my life.

lmao I'm to embarresed to tell you guys what they are though :o

manda_moo87
04-10-2005, 12:24 AM
I fear...

Losing a loved one (family member/friend/pet)
Slugs/Worms/Spiders :p
Pain
Tests/Exams

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

bluekat
04-10-2005, 12:41 AM
My biggest fears:

- Ghosts
- Insects & Bugs (ALL kinds. Even ants, I hate them lol)
- Heights

*eta*
- Death (I'm always afraid of sudden death one day without doing everything I've always wanted to in life..:()
- Public Speaking (been one of my fears for many years. But I think I'm getting more comfortable with it now lol)

finn's mom
04-10-2005, 12:46 AM
public speaking
bees, hornets, wasps, yellow jackets
spiders
being alone in the dark
heights

not necessarily in that order, except public speaking is DEFINITELY my number one fear.

it's funny, i think i heard somewhere that public speaking is the number one fear (i can't remember if it was the u.s. or the world), even over death! i'm not personally afraid of death, but, i AM afraid of certain ways of dying (i.e. suffocation, drowning, that type of thing). anywho, i digress.....

PJ's Mom
04-10-2005, 12:58 AM
The biggest one...death. I have a really hard time dealing with that one. :o

I'm also afraid of flying and of heights.

That's about it. ;)

Desert Arabian
04-10-2005, 01:10 AM
*Death is my number one fear...

....coming home to a dead pet or person
....house setting on fire; pets traped inside (like what happend next door recently)

It not only scares me it makes me depressed to think about death.

*Darkness would be my second fear...

....especially dark woods at the cottage; I don't know what could be lurking in the trees ready to pounce at me. It is so dark at night, I can put my hand in front of my face and I am not able to see it- night time is a nightmare up there.

*Open heights is my third fear...

....If I get to close to the edge; I can fall to my death

buckner
04-10-2005, 02:57 AM
-Being in any type of darkness is my number one fear. (It's so bad that I can't go to sleep at night without the TV on. I have to have the noise AND the light.)

-I'm afraid of having my back to an open door. I saw a creepy show on Lifetime about this. Way scary.

-Air vents. It's the look that scares me. Just like fish gills. *shudder*

-SNAKES. Ugggghhh, I'd rather kill myself than be within 1000 feet of one. Oh Lordy. My 6th grade teacher made me touch her pet python - I said I didn't want to, and she said she'd fail me if I didn't. Talk about major trauma.

-Failing at something that I wouldn't consider a "risk".

-People I don't know that are bigger than me. Physically scared of them, if you're wondering.

I know there are more. I'm a pretty terrified person.

IRescue452
04-10-2005, 03:25 AM
I have weird, hypocritical fears:

I'm afraid of most birds but love bird-watching (I often have dreams that birds are attacking me),

afraid of rodents (because of being bitten a few too many times) but I adore gerbils and rats and the like,

afraid of most insects (I don't like bugs crawling on me except my cockroach and butterflies) but like entomology and love my cockroach,

afraid of men (I have PTSD because of almost being abducted a few years back) but I have many guy friends and my boyfriend,

I'm also afraid of heights, speaking in public, and closed spaces.

Vette
04-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
[B]I fear...

Losing a loved one (family member/friend/pet)

Same here

carole
04-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I also have a fear of heights and Darkness, but my biggest is that I am social phobic, this has affected my whole life and it is a hurdle I have never overcome, I used to be embarrassed, but as the years go by, I have accepted it and if other's cannot too bad., now my life has an inner peace,and I can bury the pain it has caused me all my life.:(

gkristian
04-10-2005, 04:13 AM
i have a fear of heights and spiders. these two are probebly my main one's

slick
04-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Having a strong faith, death does not scare me really. In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing my Dad and other relatives again.

Fire in the home really frightens me. When I was a kid I used to have some wild dreams about it.

The only other thing that I'm afraid of is not having a source of income and being in a position where I could not pay my bills or purchase necessities. Nothing stresses me out more than being in debt and I worry about money more than anything else. That being said, I count my blessings every day because I have a steady job and unless they find an absolute cure for cancer, I'll never get laid off. I plan on working until retirement and at that time, I will be mortgage free. At least, that's my plan and believe me it's a struggle when you are on your own.

joanofark
04-10-2005, 09:42 AM
-Fire:rolleyes:

-Bee's, Wasps, hornets, ect. (I have been attacked by, Hornets and Wasps Before, since then I've been scared)

I don't have many, lol.

anna_66
04-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, I have some.

Loosing my husband would have to be my #1 fear. I know I could go on without him financially but I just can' imagine not having him here with me. I would be so lost.

Spiders/Insects...I am deathly afraid of some insects, not all but some. They just totally gross me out and I can't stand to even kill them:o

The Dark...yes, I'm afraid of the dark. Have been ever since I was a little girl. I know there is nothing that's going to jump out and get me, but I just can't help have that feeling that something is there with me. Stupid I know since I'm 39:o

There are a few more but these are my top 3.

davidpizzica
04-10-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm afraid of two big things. I have a terrific fear of lightning, which is pretty bad because I work on a wide open golf course! Even if I hear a car backfire, I run to some type of shelter. The second fear is funeral homes. I was really nervous when I had to be there for the funerals of my parents. If I could avoid my OWN funeral, I would!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-10-2005, 02:46 PM
-Death (whether it be myself, a friend or a family member)
-Car accidents
-Fire
-Public Speaking
-Very dark places alone, I always have to take a dog (usually Tango) with me if I'm going into a dark place lol.

Suki Wingy
04-10-2005, 02:50 PM
loosing someone dear to me
loosing something important/ dropping my camera. (I swear I have a phobia of throwing things away)

thats about it, I love snakes/insects/spiders! as weel as heights!

moosmom
04-10-2005, 04:02 PM
While I'm not afraid of dying, I have a fear of dying ALONE. Ya know, like dying in my apartment all by myself with no one knowing what's happened.

My Dad was found dead in his apartment. He'd been dead for 3 days before neighbors realized he hadn't taken in his newspapers (which he read faithfully everyday!). I think that's where THAT fear comes from.

I also have a fear of when I getting older and not being able to care. Like, who will take care of me if I can't take care of myself??

wolfsoul
04-10-2005, 04:06 PM
~Death
~Spiders
~Anything pointy -- needles, knives, pens. Even chopsticks. I can hold them but as soon as someone else at close proximity to me, I freak out.
~Fire in my house
~Heights
~Most men. I'm not really scared of them, I just get nervous around them, even if it's someone I've known for years. I don't know why.
~Pain
~Ghosts

Lots more.

cocker_luva
04-10-2005, 05:00 PM
im afraid of...
Jesse dying
the dark
being lost
getting hurt
loosing AJ or other close friends
living a lame life