PDA

View Full Version : My good bunny

Karen
04-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Miss Hoppy is pretty much always a good bunny, but today she was extra-specially good. (Yes, she now has a seed treat reward.) It was a nice day, and she was thinking of going outside, so Paul opened the front porch door for her. Paul and I were both standing on the front step, and Miss Hoppy came out far enough to be on the top landing. She was sitting there, sniffing the air, when we heard:

"A Bunny!!!"
"I told you so."

The kids next door had a visitor. Four kids (ages 3 1/2 to 11 1/4) came over to see Miss Hoppy, and I told them if they approached nicely, she might let them pet her. And they did. I explained to the visitor and to Windsor, the youngest - who needs reminding, that she likes her nose patted the best. And so all 4 kids crouched down, and Miss Hoppy actually made the "pat me" signal! (she'll hunker down and stretch toward you.) She's such a good bunny! She let each of them pat her nose a little, though Windsor touched her ears and got a reprimand from his sister, and she stayed for several minutes and let them pat her. Then Windsor got a little too hyper and she hopped back onto the porch, but then she did let me pick her up so the kids could pet her more.

That was so very good of her - I explained to the kids that Miss Hoppy was curious about them just like they are always curious about her! If it had been four unfamiliar grown-ups, she'd have probably been long gone by the time they got near her.

She's my good girl!

Cookiebaker
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Good Girl, Miss Hoppy!! :)

CagneyDog
04-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Aw, what a good girl Miss Hoppy is. She sounds like such a sweetie :D

Oggyflute
04-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Well done Miss Hoppy, a very good girl I'd say.:)

chocolatepuppy
04-10-2005, 06:04 AM
You're a good girl Miss Hoppy! :D

jenluckenbach
04-10-2005, 07:12 AM
How sweet. So Miss Hoppy likes kids. :D

Logan
04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
How special, Karen!!!!! Just wish we had pictures to see, along with your wonderful story of Miss Hoppy!!!! :D

green_chameleon_girl
04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
GOOD BUNNY! Great job Miss Hoppy! Karen your very lucky to have her:)

sandragonfly
04-11-2005, 06:40 PM
ehh..what do I expect? a GOOD girl! :D your reinforcements have been always great to miss hoppy, of course :) I can imagine an image of little kids gathering around a bunny in "backyard" like ol' days -

hey karen, have I missed a thread of MORE miss hoppictures?!

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
What a good bunny you are Miss Hoppy! That's great you love kids!;)

Karen
04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Logan
How special, Karen!!!!! Just wish we had pictures to see, along with your wonderful story of Miss Hoppy!!!! :D

If I had had my camera ... you know how that goes. When you have the camera ready, nothing happens, or the pet in question hides. No camera - picture-worthy things happen! :) As you all know, Miss Hoppy doesn't particularly like the flashy thing anyway ...

Daisylover
04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
What a great story. All buns are so precious, but then I'm prejudiced! ;)

I too never have a camera at hand when my crew is being cute...I think there's a law or something to that effect in local 123 Bunny Union bylaws!!!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Way to go Miss Hoppy! You certainly earned your treat!:D