PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Nest?

Kfamr
04-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I remember in like 7th grade, learning ALL about Betta Breeding and their habits, including about their bubble nests.

But, my male Malachai, with no other fishies or anything even looking like a female fish around is making HUGE one. It's like a mountain coming out of his water.

Does this mean he wants to mate, does it mean he's happy, confused?

He's made tiny ones before but this one is literally huge. It's covering half of his tank and has a large tall spot of bubbles.

Kfamr
04-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Here's a picture of it. It's not too good as my batteries are completely dead and I had to hurry up and take it.

chocolatepuppy
04-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Kay, I have three males and they all make bubble nests once in awhile but not that big! I also have a female, but they're not together. ;) I think some one told me if the temperature is just right, they make that nest. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know why they do it too.

Uabassoon
04-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Don't worry, it's a good thing. Your Betta is happy and all the tank conditions are good.

chrissycat21
04-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Wow, that is a huge bubble nest!

Your betta must be really happy. ;)

LuvGold00
04-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Wonderful bubble nest! Means he's VERY happy! You must be doing something right! ;)

luckies4me
04-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Mine just made a nest the other day too. It was neat, as I got to see him blow the bubbles. :D

Kfamr
04-10-2005, 07:45 AM
He must like his tank dirty then, because it's a lot dirtier than I normally like to keep it. I haven't cleaned it in over a week.
Last time I did it I changed the rocks.

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 02:23 AM
yeeess, quite very happy! my betta, Drapples does that too...until when he was spoiled (not exactly) with his masion (six gallon of water), :eek: I couldn't tell if he's happy or not anymore because he lives under a filtration.. :rolleyes: I gotta move him back in his average cutie purplish tank because he doesn't do much in the bigger one, lol.

Pit Chick
04-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
I couldn't tell if he's happy or not anymore because he lives under a filtration..

My Beta used to sleep in a big snail shell, minus the snail. He would wiggle his way in their at night, and wiggle back out in the morning.

luckies4me
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I've noticed that my betta too has his own sleeping area.

Kfamr
04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Malachai squeezes his way into the plant I have in there to sleep. He swims to the very top. It scared me at first because I thought he was getting stuck up there. :p

sandragonfly
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Malachai squeezes his way into the plant I have in there to sleep. He swims to the very top. It scared me at first because I thought he was getting stuck up there. :p

JUST like my Drapples! EVERYtime when I first got him for three weeks, he scared me as if the filtration have sucked him and being killed. then I get to know him, he just likes to stay up RIGHT by the filtration on the very top, floating. he must thinks the filtration (black) must be the darkness part :rolleyes: never sways around down the bottom that much. unless cats want to play with it. - I don't have any "shell" for him since I took it out to wash but it got ruined.