PDA

View Full Version : Bandit's new leash

Glacier
04-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Bandit is the husky they write about in books. Except for eating cats (which he does not do), he is a sterotypical husky. He will vanish into the bush given half a chance. So Bandit doesn't get off leash walks, but he does get walked on a flexi leash. I just got him an extra long one so he has some more room to explore.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/bandit.jpg
"oh, if I could get out of this collar, I would be gone--that way!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/bandit_tree.jpg
"Hey, I can reach the trees now! Cool!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/happybandit.jpg
"this new leash is great! I am a happy dog!"

Bigyummydog
04-09-2005, 05:45 PM
oh, BANDIT is beautiful... those are great pics:p

Queen of Poop
04-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Excellent photos. Certainly looks like a happy doggie!! :)

RobiLee
04-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Great pics! Bandit does look happy. Tori sounds alot like Bandit.

Robin :)

Iilo
04-09-2005, 07:03 PM
hehe I'm so happy I have an atypical Malamute... But I would never let him offleash if I wasn't certain we were in a -safe- area. Bad mommy sometimes even lets him off in unfenced areas!
We have a flexi "giant" -- 26 feet of all tape goodness. I'm so paranoid of cord flexis... I'm worried that it'll snap if Rien gives it one little tug.

Glacier
04-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Iilo
hehe I'm so happy I have an atypical Malamute... But I would never let him offleash if I wasn't certain we were in a -safe- area. Bad mommy sometimes even lets him off in unfenced areas!
We have a flexi "giant" -- 26 feet of all tape goodness. I'm so paranoid of cord flexis... I'm worried that it'll snap if Rien gives it one little tug.

My malamute is atypical too! He's one of my most trustworthy off leash dogs! Course, I'm pretty sure he is a lab trapped in a malamute body!

I couldn't find a tape one, but this is a 26 foot one. Bandit doesn't really pull much so I'm not too worried about it.

Iilo
04-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh, my! We ALWAYS call Rien a lab trapped in a Mally body. He fetches, swims (only to chase geese), and has a better recall than my shepherd mix (knock on wood).
Rien doesn't pull much, either. But sometimes he gets to running too fast and hits the end before I can think to yell "whoa" or whistle or what have you. Not to mention we had a super bad expierience with my uncle and cousin's lab when I was like 6... She wrapped a flexi around my legs a few times and then snapped it and ran into the middle of the road. Thankfully it was one of those small Minnesotan towns, but I still have the burn scars. I just feel safer with the all tapes, though I'm sure something could go wrong with them too.

Daisy and Delilah
04-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks for more beautiful pictures!! Is the snow starting to melt or is it my imagination? Bandit is another gorgeous and happy doggie!!

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

Glacier
04-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Daisy and Delilah
Is the snow starting to melt or is it my imagination?
Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

The snow is starting to melt. There's still lots of it in most places but under the trees in spots and road is clear now.

cyber-sibes
04-09-2005, 09:40 PM
OOOO- Bandit, you lucky dog!
Handsome boy!