PDA

View Full Version : I feel so down.. bad day today..

CountryWolf07
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I just had a bad day at work today.. and I just feel so, down, because I felt like people had to force themselves to talk to me... ya know, cause I'm hearing impaired.. this may not make sense, but I just feel really different today.. This is a day where I wish I wasn't hearing impaired.. dry.gif I'm just so sick of it, how people don't talk to me, because of it, and how they think they can take advantage of me.. I have a keen sense where I can sense if people try to use me or walk all over me.. today, I had that.. :( Why are people SO stupid? I'm just like everybody else, except I have a hearing loss.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh, Anna, I am so sorry that you had a horrible day today. If they walk away from you, just smile at them. You know, people aren't that nice to me, eathier, and when they say something that's mean or that I on't like, I just say, "Well, ok,whatever, that's what YOU think", and smile and walk away.

I hope you have a great weekend, and have better day next time.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Karen
04-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Anna, I used to not be hearing impaired, but am now deaf in one ear. I can tell you that some people are rude regardless of your hearing ability or lack thereof, and in fact, sometimes it's a blessing to NOT hear what some epople have to say, as it is not worth listening to. Whatever the case, it is they (the rude people) who have a problem, not you. You are what God made you to be sweetie, and no amount of rudeness can change that!

RobiLee
04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi Rachel!

I'm sorry you are having a bad day. That really sucks! I don't have any wonderful words to say and I certainly wish I did. I hate that you are feeling down. I don't know why people have to be so stupid sometimes. The fact is they just are. Sometimes they aren't even aware of it. I don't know what it is like to have a hearing impairment but I'm sure it can be quite difficult at times. My husband is almost completely deaf in one ear and still to this day he will have to tell me to walk on his "good" side so he can hear me better.

Anyways, I know I'm rambling and probably not helping much. Just wanted to let you know that I care. I'm sending out great big hugs to you and hoping that the blues go away soon.

{{{HUGS}}}......Robin

P.S....If you feel like talking just PM me.

moosmom
04-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh Rachel, I'm sorry you're having problems with idiots that think they can talk differently to a person who is hearing impaired.

My daughter has a "limitation" caused by a malignant brain tumor. It takes 3-5 second for her brain to process what you say to her. People take it as if she's hearing impaired, which she isn't. Instead of waiting a few second to give her brain time to process what you say, they repeat themselves only LOUDER!!!

I also have a step-sister and a niece who are hearing impaired. When my Dad married her mom, I learned sign language. It was the thing I ever did.

Don't ever feel bad about venting. That's what we're here for. If you want to talk, call me!!! I'll PM you with my phone number.

Hang in there, kiddo! There are ALOT of idiots out there who are clueless!! ;)

Kfamr
04-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Rachel,
Sometimes people can be so cruel. It's not right for ANYONE to be treated like that.

I hope you get to feeling better, I know how you feel because today hasn't been the greatest for me either.

Kay

CountryWolf07
04-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks! I feel better now, but I still know it'll happen again, it always does.. but it doesn't let me get down about it, cause' if I do - that's something like, I give up, but I won't. :) Anywhoo, thanks for listening!

I think you got my dog confused with me... (Anna).. namewise, but it's all good. ;)

anna_66
04-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey Rachel,

I'm sorry you had a bad day and I sure hope that today is much better.
I know people can be stupid and insensitive and your the one who has to deal with it. Sure makes life hard sometimes.
I was definately never the popular one when I was younger (or now either). I guess we all have to learn to live with our problems no matter what they are.
To you it's your hearing imparment, to some it's weight. Definatley not the same thing but to the person that feels so overweight and they get ignored or made fun of it "feels" the same to them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do your best to try and not let it bother you. Your a great girl and I really hope that someday we can meet (like at one of the park gatherings;) :p ) none of us would make fun of you:D).

Have a great day!

Love ya
Anna

jennifert9
04-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad day but I'm pleased that you are feeling better now. I love that you say you won't let it get you down because you are a fighter! What a wonderful attitude to have.:D My niece is hearing impaired and constanly faces discrimination and ridicule from her fellow classmates, children can be so cruel sometimes. Their honesty is refreshing but hurtful also. I always want to protect her from all the ignorance and cruelty in the world but I know there are times I can't and she has to learn to be a fighter like yourself! When she gets older (she's 11 now), I hope she can be like you! I'll have to introduce the 2 of you someday, she needs a role model like yourself.
Hang in there, vent to us and stay strong.