PDA

View Full Version : Pet Poll Totals

Freckles
11-19-2000, 02:32 PM
I asked this question once before, but since you have new software, I though I'd ask you again, please: In the final results of a poll, is there a way to show the total votes? I'd love to know how many of us vote, and which polls were most popular.

Paul
11-19-2000, 03:53 PM
Some poll questions have received 3,500 votes and some have received 12,000 votes. Of the tens of thousands of machines that visit us each day only a very small percentage vote.

Actually, we have not changed the polling software in a long time. When we update it we will add the vote total.

Paul
11-19-2000, 04:26 PM
   Our polls are chadless. However, there are several individuals, probably with automated systems who like to vote in excess of 1,000 times. Their votes are removed. When we created the polling software we did not realize that even pet polls need protection from voter fraud.

The poll which required the most work to remove the duplicate votes was the poll question we asked on August 20, 2000, "Who has the best qualities of a president?" Voters cheated in favor of all of the three humans. At some point during the week each of the choices appeared to be winning. Of course, in the end "my pet" was the clear winner.

My Pet             52%
George Bush   25%
Al Gore            18%
Ralph Nader       3%

6,600 votes were cast.

Freckles
11-20-2000, 07:37 AM
Paul, thanks for the enlightening information. I didn't realize PET OWNERS would make it necessary to sift the chad from the votes to get a clean and accurate count. Stuff the ballot box? That's a no no!

karen israel
11-21-2000, 11:49 AM
OH PLEASE! Just no Federal Court action and a recount!