PDA

View Full Version : Ohio meet next year?

slleipnir
04-08-2005, 08:15 PM
A lot of the people I really wanna meet always seem to be at these Ohio meetings, so I was wondering if there will be one next year?? I'm gonna try to save my money for me and Zekey to fly down and stay a couple days. Hopefully there will be a dog hotel really close to whereever the dog thing would be as I won't be able to afford to rent a car (and I think you have to be 25??)

My luck, I bet no one would be going that year :rolleyes:

Karen
04-08-2005, 08:25 PM
We generally try to attend the one Memorial Day weekend, whenever that will be in 2006, I don't exactly know ... (We prefer a 3-day weekend one, so we have a day to drive out, a day to be there, and one to drive home!)

slleipnir
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
What month is that?? I'd love to meet you, Karen :)

wolfsoul
04-08-2005, 08:30 PM
I hope there is one next year. Ashley, Jynnelle, and I are planning to go to one, one of these years. It'll take a loooong time to drive there. :( Anyone have any idea how long it will take to drive from BC to Ohio? Probably a week lol. I'm hoping one of us will have a pickup truck, that way we won't need a hotel. ;)

Shelteez2
04-08-2005, 11:44 PM
I know Calgary to Ohio is like 32 hours......or was it 36..........

wolfsoul
04-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Ah, that's not bad. How much closer is Calgary than Kelowna? Lol.

jennifert9
04-08-2005, 11:59 PM
If there is an Ohio Pet Talk meeting and Audrey "might" be there , I am definitely there !:D I've wanted to meet you for years as you know! I think it's only about a 12 - 14 hour drive from here. I will get a hotel room and y'all(meaning everyone who can't afford a room:)) are welcome to crash in mine! We just can't mix cats and other small animals with the dogs because Duncan is not good with them. So Audrey , plan on it because I will...at the very least, If I can afford it, I will get you there!:D

slleipnir
04-09-2005, 12:08 AM
That would be so awesome if you go too Jen! I really gotta get my ass working! I think Johanna said she might be able to stop in. Ahhhh, I'd be soo happy to meet you guys. -cries- :) Kay, Val and Amy should come then too hehe :rolleyes:

slleipnir
04-09-2005, 12:21 AM
I think it might cost me somewhere inbetween $600-1000 for the flight?? I was so confused by that site that I'm not sure if that's right, plus Zeke isn't included. I'm very uncomfortable about flying with him. I'd be so afraid he'd die or something from being afraid or cold...-sigh-

I wish I was rich :rolleyes:

jennifert9
04-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Audrs, I worry about flying with Duncan too. The bigger the dog, the worse the environment they have to fly in...Perhaps when Souraya gets back from her trip, we can ask her the best way to do it. If you have to fly to Newark or Syracuse, will it be cheaper? Because I can always pick you up and we can fly together or drive together. Whatever is cheaper and easier. I think I would prefer driving but dont' know if I can get that much time off of work. My cousin is a pilot, maybe he can help us...we wil figure it out....Look into flight dtails Audrey anywhere around NYC or Syracuse and/or Ohio and let me worry about the rest:D

Cinder & Smoke
04-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Here's a few "Rules" for WHEN we have Holidays in the USA ~

Memorial Day (the First BIG Holiday of the summer)
is ALWAYS on a MONDAY
which makes for a THREE day weekend.

In 2006 - NEXT year - Memorial Day is on
MONDAY, MAY 29, 2006.
This means the "normal" Memorial Weekend Gathurin at Findlay
would be held on SUNDAY, May 28, 2006.

Labor Day (the LAST Big Holiday of the summer)
is ALWAYS on a MONDAY
which makes another THREE day weekend.

In 2006 - NEXT year - Labor Day is on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2006.
This means a "normal" Labor Day Weekend Gathurin at Findlay
would be held on SUNDAY, September 3, 2006.

And in 2006, the FOURTH of JULY falls on a TUESDAY -
so SOME folks will get a FOUR day weekend -
Saturday, Sunday, Monday and the Holiday Tuesday.

-------------------------------

If you want to check on the Scheduled Findlay Gathurins for
THIS Year (2005) - Check THIS Post >>>

*Gatherings* at Findlay, Ohio, Dog Park for 2005 (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63491)

NEXT One for THIS Year (2005) is set for
SUNDAY, May 29, 2005 (Memorial Day Weekend)

/s/ Phred

slleipnir
04-09-2005, 01:17 AM
I could never afford it this year, thanks for all the info though :) The May one next year sounds good. Who all plans to go?

Cincy'sMom
04-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Of course it is hard to plan a year in advance, but I think all the regulars try to plan ahead for Memorial Day...Anna, Robin, me, my mom, Phred, Staci, Kimmy, Pat, my sister is moving back to Ohio, so hopefully she willbe ar egular too. Kay has been coming up at least once a year, Karen Paul usually make, Debbie (T&P's mom), Clara is becomming a regular...there are somany!!!

Hope more people can make it too!! We always have a great time and so do the dogs!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
How much closer is Calgary than Kelowna? Lol.

I think it's roughly 7-9hrs or so. I'd love to make it out to an Ohio meeting but that won't happen for a long time lol.

clara4457
04-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
If there is an Ohio Pet Talk meeting and Audrey "might" be there , I am definitely there !:D I've wanted to meet you for years as you know! I think it's only about a 12 - 14 hour drive from here. I will get a hotel room and y'all(meaning everyone who can't afford a room:)) are welcome to crash in mine! We just can't mix cats and other small animals with the dogs because Duncan is not good with them. So Audrey , plan on it because I will...at the very least, If I can afford it, I will get you there!:D

I don't know exactly where you are in Syracuse, but I live in Buffalo and make it in about 6 hours, so it should only take you about 8 hours or so. I am going to try to spend the night next time so I don't have to leave quite so early to get back. The last couple of times Leo and I have driven up and back on the same day.