PDA

View Full Version : Stewart & Oreo Trick

petslover
04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I have taught Stewart and Oreo a trick. I will have a carrot in my hand and they will follow me to one room to the next. Then when they get the carrot they will run back to their cage. It is pretty cool. It is my first trick to teach them so I'm proud. hehe! I'd just thought I would share that with ya'll.

luvofallhorses
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
:D you should get a mini clip of it with your digi :D

jesse_3
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
That is so cool! Can you tell me how to train a hedgehog like that. Very good job though! You can tell that you really love your rats! I agree with luvofallhorses, you should get some mor pics of them!

petslover
04-12-2005, 07:14 AM
How I did it was that I started off by letting them go to their cage door with a carrot. I would just put the carrot their and let them come out to get it. Then I moved back farther and farther away and they just started to follow me. Now they know how to follow me around the room and to other rooms. Fancy Rats have poor eyesight so you have to keep it close to them for them to see it. Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I need to post more pictures of them. I just need some new batteries from my camera though. haha!

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
That's neat!! I've heard that rats can be taught LOTS of tricks!!:D