PDA

View Full Version : Got my special Kia bank checks!! :D

ramanth
04-08-2005, 12:46 PM
I ordered new bank checks from Unique Products (http://www.uniquechecks.com/Home.aspx) with Kia's photo on them.

At first there was a bit of a snag. I received an email from them stating that the address I wanted on the checks had to match the billing address.

(I use my parents address for my checks)

So I cancelled that order and re-ordered so that the addresses matched. That order went thru and I had verification that the previous order had been cancelled.

When I got home from work yesterday my checks had arrived. Horrah!

I loaded up Kia into the car and headed over to my parents only to find that I had a box of checks there too! :confused:

Sure enough, they had printed checks using both addresses (after they told me they couldn't) AND I was charged for both. :mad:

I called them up and the customer service lady was SO NICE! She credited my Visa and said I could use whichever box of checks I wanted and I could dispose of the others as I saw fit.

The ironic thing is that the checks with my parents address look much better than the ones sent to my apartment.

Take a look!

Eaton Rapids addy:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p15e4b1e00dc594dc3779a992e6f15d3b/f489d450.jpg

Williamston addy:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p67f64967517803f5ecc183b425a72cae/f489d458.jpg

Side by side:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pfb10a738e8c9ef89aaaea9c75a2cab49/f489d454.jpg

The Williamston ones have a much more reddish hue, is a bit blurry, and Kia's eyes are a bit more white than blue.

The Eaton Rapids ones are sharper and more to Kia's coloring.

Despite the slight snafu, I'm happy! :D And I get to have checks with the address I wanted in the first place. :D

Laura's Babies
04-08-2005, 12:49 PM
WOW! That is so cool!! Makes me want to order checks with MY babies on them!

anna_66
04-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Kim they turned out so awesome!!!

How lucky you are that they sent two seperate sets, that way you got to choose the one that looked the best:D

tricollie4me
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
They look great! Coincidentally, I recently ordered checks with Bijou's picture on them, but I used Checks in the Mail. I've received my new cover so far and it's cute, cute, cute! Just waiting on my new checks to come -- as if I needed more reasons to spend money on my girl! :)

manda_moo87
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Those are so cool! :D

RobiLee
04-08-2005, 03:16 PM
They look great, Kim! I really like them, but of course how could I not with that beautiful face on them.

Now you have me wanting to get some checks with my girls on them.

Robin :)

neko1
04-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Wow those look great!!!:)

BitsyNaceyDog
04-08-2005, 03:54 PM
they turned out great!
I love them

PJ's Mom
04-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Awww, Kia! :D

I love those checks. I might have to get some now. ;)

Rachel
04-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by tricollie4me
Coincidentally, I recently ordered checks with Bijou's picture on them, but I used Checks in the Mail.

I have the Checks in the Mail checks with Hannah and Tucker's picture on them and I just love them. They are a little different from Kimmy's having a black and white photo look pasted in the middle of the check, but all the same, they are very nicely done and I like them.

I've recently seen where you can order a VISA card with your dogs picture on it. I can't remember which bank it is that offers this option, but I'm sure I have the information cut out and saved somewhere.

jennifert9
04-08-2005, 08:08 PM
That is so cool! What a great idea! I didn't know you could do that! You know, having a rescue dog, I always walk by those calendar shops and the magazine racks and think to myself "Geez, they need a magazine/calendar/statue/whatever it that is just labeled "Mixed Breed" or "Rescued Dog"" I'm so excited now knowing I can have things personalized like that! (I guess I always knew, I have just never done it and didn't know anyone who did, Now I do!)

Don't you just hate having to send a picture of your beautiful Kia to people you owe money too! YUCK! She's so pretty, maybe in the future, they'll knock off some of the price;)

Oggyflute
04-08-2005, 08:20 PM
They look terriffic. Such a great idea.:)

cyber-sibes
04-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Those are really cool! That picture turned out nicely.

micki76
04-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Kimmy, those just ROCK! :D I've thought about ordering personalized checks a hundred times, just never have done it. :rolleyes:

Guess I should order some, but I rarely write checks anymore. If we shop together Michael takes his checkbook, so he has golf checks. If I'm not with him, I use my Visa debit card. But then again, I uess I could brighten up some A/R clerk's day with terrier pics, huh? :D

LuckiLab03
04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Those are so cute! Kia is a dog model! :) How much did those cost?

ramanth
04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by luckilab03
How much did those cost?
Total I paid $35 dollars, but I paid extra for a special font, monogram, the EZ Shield fraud protection, and for rush delivery. :)